-RPGs:
    Sakura Wars
    Albert Odyssey

-Action:
    Shinobi Legions
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei
    Resident Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    My fav Saturn game is Panzer Dragoon and my most played Saturn game is Souky. Still after all these years the best console and Souky is still the best shooter
    The original Panzer Dragoon is awesome! I rediscovered this series recently, after downloading PD Orta for the Xbox360.
    Btw, do you guys know of any Saturn emulator that properly emulates the widescreen mode of games like PD Zwei and Nights?
    Years ago I tried SSF, but I've heard the widescreen mode does not work there.

Saturn is the only console I gave up on using original hardware after both my Japanese V-Saturn and American SS cartridge slots started showing issues and the laser units died off...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Like G's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Has anyone played anything from the Japanese launch?
    I have Wan Chai Connection in my library, played just the first 30 minutes when I bought it. From what I've played, it is a decent FMV adventure game, enjoyable if you like cheesy HongKong/Japanese movies from the era with much more engaging gameplay than the average SegaCD FMV games, even though it is unplayable without Japanese reading skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Like G View Post

-Fighting games:
    MarvelSH vs Street Fighter
    Last Bronx
    Samurai Showdown IV

-Racing games:
    Sega Rally
    Manx TT Superbike

-RPGs:
    Sakura Wars
    Albert Odyssey

-Action:
    Shinobi Legions
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei
    Resident Evil

The original Panzer Dragoon is awesome! I rediscovered this series recently.
    I loved the original the most. For me better art direction, better bosses and better music. The intro is still awesome and the game captured perfectly the bond between a pet and its owner and the sense of isolation, that it was you and your pet against the whole world.

I have Wan Chai Connection in my library, played just the first 30 minutes when I bought it. From what I've played, it is a decent FMV adventure game, enjoyable if you like cheesy HongKong/Japanese movies from the era with much more engaging gameplay than the average SegaCD FMV games, even though it is unplayable without Japanese reading skills.
    I just got VF and Tama with mine. VF is ace and Tama was ok and like a very early Monkeyball game
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Like G's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I loved the original the most. For me better art direction, better bosses and better music. The intro is still awesome and the game captured perfectly the bond between a pet and its owner and the sense of isolation, that it was you and your pet against the whole world.
    I agree that aesthetically the first game is top-notch, love the first stage music! I do prefer how the later games evolved and expanded technically and gameplaywise, though.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to unlock the original game in PD Orta's Pandora Box, there's just a couple of stages left to complete. Orta is a tough game, but it has been ages since I had so much fun figuring out boss battle's patterns in a videogame.

I agree that aesthetically the first game is top-notch, love the first stage music! I do prefer how the later games evolved and expanded technically and gameplaywise, though.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to unlock the original game in PD Orta's Pandora Box, there's just a couple of stages left to complete. Orta is a tough game, but it has been ages since I had so much fun figuring out boss battle's patterns in a videogame.
    Getting a better frame rate in Zwei really made a night and day difference and helped it control better, makes such a difference for a shooter. If not for a couple of poor levels, Orta would have been the best of the lot. Love playing Orta on my series X thanks to the added HDR support
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information