Quantcast

Thread: Necessary 2D site

Six Button Shooter Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

Default Necessary 2D site

I found a 2001 version of my old site (Well, some of it) on the internet Archive. This site was a part time project of mine, mostly about 2D games on the Saturn. It was created with hand-coded HTML and MS Paint between 1998 and 2001, and it was basically my introduction to web pages and picture formats, early on. I think I had a 56k modem back then so I kept the pictures content small and lean.

Check it out to journey back to the early days before broad band modems were common, you might be mildly entertained. Its nothing like the amount of content that Sega 16 has grown to include, of course. I can't remember why I deleted this year's ago. I think I might have accidentally deleted a portion of it, then just gave up and gutted it all.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010720...50megs.com:80/

I found another, later view at the link below. It looks like I was in my Dreamcast phase here. There are some different DC games pages at this link. Ah, memories..

https://web.archive.org/web/20020302...:80/index.html
    Last edited by Cafeman; 11-05-2018 at 09:08 AM.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Neat. Reminds me of the sites I would spend hours reading back around that time. Alas, my personal site was killed by my host without notice. Not that I will ever re-upload it anywhere.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I enjoyed looking over the old site lol. It actually really takes me back because I was barely familiar with the internet in 2001. Your site is something I would have been excited to find back in '01.

If you'd be willing, we could post some of those articles here. We're in desperate need of arcade reviews, and you have some good ones there that could be revived with a bit of tweaking. As the author, you would have full credit and control over edits.

Thread Information