Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone shitting on the PC Classic?

Road Rasher

Pc Why is everyone shitting on the PC Classic?

Ever since the announcement of this PC Classic getting a release:

People has been crapping on it for awhile now and funny how everyone goes fucking batshit crazy for a Super Nintendo Classic Edition and the coming next month PlayStation Classic but now this comes out and people are making fun of it which is pretty hypocritical in my opinion.

Personally me on the other hand wouldn't mind buying this too pop in some near Arcade Perfect versions of Mortal Kombat 1-3 & Ultimate, The House of the Dead, Daytona USA, Super Street Fighter 2, and many other great games like Screamer 1 & 2, Descent, of course some of the Korean and some Chinese DOS games, Alone in the Dark 1-3, Blair Witch Volume 1, Prince of Persia 2, Ultima VII, Hocus Pocus, Police Quest games series, Cobra Mission, Knights of Xentar, Sim City 2000 (no garbage console version too), Star Wars: TIE Fighter.

I can keep going all day! but i guess for some reason those people can't get a Raspberry Pi for your Super Nintendo and PlayStation 1 right?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm Down View Post
    Sony makes garbage and couldn't produce a durable piece of electronic equipment to save their lives. Have a look around the forum, not a Sony fan in the slightest. They owe me money as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't change reality though. Some Sonytards just like to dismiss reality and warp it to fit their idiotic love for a goddamn company.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Aren't people who buy those classics aimed at much more casual people who just had an NES or something as a kid but don't anymore. Everyone has a PC or computer. PC was more hardcore esp back in the 80s and 90s if that's their aim. So not so much of a casual crowd for this thing right? Those people who have mega nostalgia for those old PC games already have bought or um downloaded those games. They are the ones building a RasPi. Not so much the more casual nostalgia crowd of an NES classic typically. PC also was not a singular system. It's a broad platform, not a console. NES is a specific system with an exclusive library. Same with PS1 and Neo Geo for a specific era. PC classic? What is classic PC era to whom? Some it might be 2005. Others 1997. Others 1988 or whatever. PC "classic" is a generalized term and who decided what is "classic"? NES Classic, specific console, era, and library. This is clearly just a me too on the bandwagon.

Side note some of the games they showed. Has been ported to everything under the sun anyway old and new. Not to mention GoG has all this stuff and usually insanely cheap on hardware everyone already owns. Some of it $4 a pop without a sale and under a buck at times with a sale, which is often. In fact Jill of the Jungle which they showed GoG gave out free not long ago. DOSBox you can get stuff running anyway.

Oh and Doom with a 360 controller on a "classic" system...WHAT!?
    Last edited by Leynos; 11-14-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Master of Shinobi

You've got to love the horrid design. I mostly agree on the GoG argument, but not on the PC being tied to specific dates when using a term like classic. It all comes down to somewhere between 1987 and 1995-6 tops: the 386 and 486 era (an early Pentiums maybe). The graphical adventure era, mostly. They could get away just doing a SCUMM classic machine instead of a PC classic. Nobody cares about Abuse or Commander Keen anymore.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    You've got to love the horrid design. I mostly agree on the GoG argument, but not on the PC being tied to specific dates when using a term like classic. It all comes down to somewhere between 1987 and 1995-6 tops: the 386 and 486 era (an early Pentiums maybe). The graphical adventure era, mostly. They could get away just doing a SCUMM classic machine instead of a PC classic. Nobody cares about Abuse or Commander Keen anymore.
    Well unless you grew up being a console guy of course your gonna have hate for PC games, people keep treating it like it was made by SEGA.

Guarantee if this PC Classic was created by Sony or Nintendo people wouldn't have an issue and think it's the best thing ever made.
    Sony makes garbage and couldn't produce a durable piece of electronic equipment to save their lives. Have a look around the forum, not a Sony fan in the slightest. They owe me money as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't change reality though. Some Sonytards just like to dismiss reality and warp it to fit their idiotic love for a goddamn company.

I like this!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Worst. Design. EVER.

It doesn't even remind me of a classic pc, where's the turbo led? where's the flip switch?
    this is a shitty 3D printed monstrosity.

They should have designed something that actually resembled a classic case and struck a deal with Gravis to produce their classic joypads for it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher StuOhQ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    ...Everyone has a PC or computer. PC was more hardcore esp back in the 80s and 90s if that's their aim. So not so much of a casual crowd for this thing right? Those people who have mega nostalgia for those old PC games already have bought or um downloaded those games. They are the ones building a RasPi. Not so much the more casual nostalgia crowd of an NES classic... Not to mention GoG has all this stuff and usually insanely cheap on hardware everyone already owns.
    I think this summarizes my thoughts pretty well. I'm just not sure there's an audience for this device.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods Ė Bit Sized, Episode 4

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    The mini PC definitely looks like itís going for the IBM AT look and era.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

I would only have been interested in this project if Clint (LGR) was running it. He's pretty much the lord and master of anything connected to a SoundBlaster. This project screams "unqualified cash grab" to me, especially due to the CRAP announcement video that seems like it was recorded in the corner of a trade show. I'm more irritated by everyone complaining about the MiniPSX, whining that the graphics don't look like the filtered and mega-rezzed visuals that they thought the system actually produced.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The mini PC definitely looks like itís going for the IBM AT look and era.
    It looks nothing like an IBM AT, they just printed a little plastic box and stuck a tiny 5.25 floppy on the outside.
    on button? oh well lets design it to look like a key lock.

Clever, but the end result looks like hot garbage.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    I would only have been interested in this project if Clint (LGR) was running it. He's pretty much the lord and master of anything connected to a SoundBlaster. This project screams "unqualified cash grab" to me, especially due to the CRAP announcement video that seems like it was recorded in the corner of a trade show. I'm more irritated by everyone complaining about the MiniPSX, whining that the graphics don't look like the filtered and mega-rezzed visuals that they thought the system actually produced.
    Well that's the emulation crowd for you unfortunately

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    Ever since the announcement of this PC Classic getting a release:

People has been crapping on it for awhile now and funny how everyone goes fucking batshit crazy for a Super Nintendo Classic Edition and the coming next month PlayStation Classic but now this comes out and people are making fun of it which is pretty hypocritical in my opinion.

Personally me on the other hand wouldn't mind buying this too pop in some near Arcade Perfect versions of Mortal Kombat 1-3 & Ultimate, The House of the Dead, Daytona USA, Super Street Fighter 2, and many other great games like Screamer 1 & 2, Descent, of course some of the Korean and some Chinese DOS games, Alone in the Dark 1-3, Blair Witch Volume 1, Prince of Persia 2, Ultima VII, Hocus Pocus, Police Quest games series, Cobra Mission, Knights of Xentar, Sim City 2000 (no garbage console version too), Star Wars: TIE Fighter.

I can keep going all day! but i guess for some reason those people can't get a Raspberry Pi for your Super Nintendo and PlayStation 1 right?...
    But you've just built this up into something in your head that it clearly isn't.

This is a very amateur-looking project that likely won't ever see the light of day. People are right to be suspicious of this and of the company behind it.

Wtf, why is everyone so negative. It could be a fun little toy. More unique than the semi-functional mini PSX no one asked for IMO.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Wtf, why is everyone so negative. It could be a fun little toy. More unique than the semi-functional mini PSX no one asked for IMO.
    Thank You!

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    But you've just built this up into something in your head that it clearly isn't.

This is a very amateur-looking project that likely won't ever see the light of day. People are right to be suspicious of this and of the company behind it.
    How about you support systems that are HARD to emulate and NOT ones that are easy as fuck to emulate.

Thread Information