Quantcast

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 357: Official Thread

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar

Genesis Vixen 357: Official Thread

Howdy. Welcome to 2019, everybody.

So to kick off the new year, I'm happy to announce that we @ Super Fighter Team have partnered with extreme Co., Ltd. and an independent development team to bring an English language version of Vixen 357 to market: on a new cartridge, with color cardstock box & instructions, much like we've done with our previous 5 games for the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive. It's available for pre-order now.

Check it out @ www.vixen357.com

Game will ship later this year, we'll keep everyone informed via our mailinglist@superfighter.com account. Important updates will also be shared here, in this thread.
    As I may not be able to swing by the forum very often, please feel welcome to contact me directly with any questions: contact@superfighter.com

Thanks for your attention. Have a nice day.

So awesome. looking forward to it!

Really cool! Pre-ordered immediately! Been looking to see this on an English cartridge for a very long time. I think "Merisma" should be "Melisma" though, as it's related to music like the other word in the name, "Harp", is.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Oh my God I can't believe this. Brandon you're epic!

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Road Rasher

So, i gather Fonzie's version is dead, correct? Anyway, already pre-ordered my copy. Great news!

Wildside Expert

Last edited by Arm; 01-04-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Wildside Expert

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

So I take it the translation/ROM hack being used here is the one recently done by Nebulous Translations?

https://nebulous.group/index.php/pro...ons/vixen-357/

At least, the font in the screenshots looks identical.

If so, I hope everybody involved in the translation is being fairly compensated.

Outrunner

Hope Iím not being overly critical here, but whilst the SFT titles Iíve purchased thus far (Beggar Prince & Star Odyssey) have been produced wonderfully with a nice manual and good quality cartridge, the cardboard box somewhat takes the sheen off what is otherwise a very tidy product.

The box for Tanglewood is very authentic to the original cases so might it be an idea to bulk buy with Big Evil or Piko? I firmly believe youíll make more sales and us MD fans donít mind paying a few dollars extra for a proper box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    At least, the font in the screenshots looks identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by The fantranslation page
    In-game menus were changed from 16◊16 to 8◊8 using the in-game font. I thought it was better to have the same font size everywhere. I hope you will think so too.
    It was always there :​P

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder View Post
    Howdy. Welcome to 2019, everybody.

So to kick off the new year, I'm happy to announce that we @ Super Fighter Team have partnered with extreme Co., Ltd. and an independent development team to bring an English language version of Vixen 357 to market: on a new cartridge, with color cardstock box & instructions, much like we've done with our previous 5 games for the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive. It's available for pre-order now.

Check it out @ www.vixen357.com

Game will ship later this year, we'll keep everyone informed via our mailinglist@superfighter.com account. Important updates will also be shared here, in this thread.
    As I may not be able to swing by the forum very often, please feel welcome to contact me directly with any questions: contact@superfighter.com

Thanks for your attention. Have a nice day.
    Oh that is awesome! Definitely gonna pre-order.

By the way, I know I'm a bit late, but is there a way still to order your previous Sega Genesis games? I'd love to review them for my channel
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    It was always there :​P
    Yeah, I figured that, but the placement/wording of things like "Land Effect 40%" on the battle screens is identical.

The OP refers to an "independent development team", which I assume refers to the Nebulous Translations.

I just wanted to see if that was the case, and if so, make sure they were being fairly compensated, since they aren't being credited as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    Hope Iím not being overly critical here, but whilst the SFT titles Iíve purchased thus far (Beggar Prince & Star Odyssey) have been produced wonderfully with a nice manual and good quality cartridge, the cardboard box somewhat takes the sheen off what is otherwise a very tidy product.

The box for Tanglewood is very authentic to the original cases so might it be an idea to bulk buy with Big Evil or Piko? I firmly believe youíll make more sales and us MD fans donít mind paying a few dollars extra for a proper box.
    Just to give credit where it's due: all of the cases used by Big Evil, Piko, etc. were made by one guy: https://www.customgamecases.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Just to give credit where it's due: all of the cases used by Big Evil, Piko, etc. were made by one guy: https://www.customgamecases.com/
    And they are good cases! I've purchased many of the last few years.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker SBlaise84's Avatar

Good thing I already have a translated rom, as I'm sure this is another patch that's gonna get pulled down off the translation sites now...

Thread Information