Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Sega Pulls Yakuza Game from Stores After Arrest

  1. #1
    The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Sega Pulls Yakuza Game from Stores After Arrest

    Sega has pulled Yakuza spin-off Judgment from store shelves in Japan, as well as halted digital sales amidst controversy surrounding the arrest of the game's prominent voice actor Pierre Taki for alleged cocaine usage. Taki is also notable for providing the voice of Olaf in the Japanese language version of Disney's Frozen. The game was set for a worldwide release in June, but no announcement yet on whether that date will be delayed or canceled.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47553857

    https://www.newsweek.com/sega-pulls-...harges-1361398

  2. #2
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,848
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Like Yakuza Kiwami 2 they will likely just patch in another actor. A similar thing happened. Still released in the US. At most, it's a delay in the west.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  3. #3
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,776
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Sega has pulled Yakuza spin-off Judgment from store shelves in Japan, as well as halted digital sales amidst controversy surrounding the arrest of the game's prominent voice actor Pierre Taki for alleged cocaine usage. Taki is also notable for providing the voice of Olaf in the Japanese language version of Disney's Frozen. The game was set for a worldwide release in June, but no announcement yet on whether that date will be delayed or canceled.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47553857

    https://www.newsweek.com/sega-pulls-...harges-1361398
    What a prat Taki really is, most prob never see the game in the west now.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  4. #4
    Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outer Space 2
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,265
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Wow, a game about violence and criminals pulled because someone involved took drugs.

    Olaf was a snowman after all...

  5. #5
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,848
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Kinda amazed SEGA is offended by Cocaine... I mean after all Sonic Team...


    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  6. #6
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,833
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    Blast Processing!
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  7. #7
    Master of Shinobi WarmSignal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,600
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    I didn't realize this kind of knee-jerk triggering actually happened in the land of the rising sun. His cocaine use was so offensive, they were pressured to pull the game he was involved with? Yeesh. The whole concept of book burning is utter bullshit. Always has been, always will be. Doesn't matter what the person did, or said. He could nuke a town full of disabled children and that wouldn't make the game somehow "bad", nor implicate the publisher's morality. Humanity, please get this big stick out of your butt and chill.

  8. #8
    Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,249
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Drug use is very taboo in Japan. They didn't even catch him with anything - they made him take a drug test and arrested him based on the results. Possibly the only thing more taboo is to have yakuza connections.

    Anyway, they're just going to re-dub his parts and re-release the game.

  9. #9
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,848
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    https://www.resetera.com/threads/jud...candal.106958/


    Game is canceled in the west...









    LOL nah! As expected like Yakuza they just changed the model. No big deal. Launches June 25th in the west.
    Last edited by Leynos; 03-22-2019 at 02:53 PM.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  10. #10
    Raging in the Streets Blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,418
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Game is canceled in the west...
    Ban

  11. #11
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    I live in a town where, unfortunately, drug use is so common that I frequently forget that A) It's illegal, and B) It's a huge taboo in many countries around the world. To be fair it is easy to forget if you live in either the UK or the US, where drug use is rife.

  12. #12
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,776
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I live in a town where, unfortunately, drug use is so common that I frequently forget that A) It's illegal, and B) It's a huge taboo in many countries around the world. To be fair it is easy to forget if you live in either the UK or the US, where drug use is rife.
    Great post. I remember the uproar over Janet Jackson's Superbowl nipple in the USA, hell SEGA America even censored some of Dural images in Fighting Megamix over the use of 'breasts' In the UK none would care if a nipple was shown at a half time show, we get nipples in our daily paper on Page 3.
    But then in the UK, we went nuts against the use of the world 'NINJA' or any game or film with the nunchaku. In most parts of Asia, one can no doubt face the death penalty for having a similar amount of Coke; to what most users snort on a night out in the West.

    All countries will have their own Taboo, I mean I'm sure Japan doesn't allow pubic hair to be shown, for some crazy reason
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  13. #13
    Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Noviomagus, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,631
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    hah. cocaine use. seriously? didn't know japan was that backwards in this regard.

  14. #14
    Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Noviomagus, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,631
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Great post. I remember the uproar over Janet Jackson's Superbowl nipple in the USA, hell SEGA America even censored some of Dural images in Fighting Megamix over the use of 'breasts' In the UK none would care if a nipple was shown at a half time show, we get nipples in our daily paper on Page 3.
    But then in the UK, we went nuts against the use of the world 'NINJA' or any game or film with the nunchaku. In most parts of Asia, one can no doubt face the death penalty for having a similar amount of Coke; to what most users snort on a night out in the West.

    All countries will have their own Taboo, I mean I'm sure Japan doesn't allow pubic hair to be shown, for some crazy reason
    I don't think there is anything taboo in my country.

  15. #15
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    I don't think there is anything taboo in my country.
    Lucky you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •