Quantcast

Thread: What is the Sonic game you want that has yet to be made?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Sonic What is the Sonic game you want that has yet to be made?

Despite being a nearly 30-year-old series I still feel some concepts/ideas have been left on the table for Sonic. Some more out there than others. Main series. Spinoffs. Whatever. Too easy to just say make a good 3D Sonic again but that is true.

Anyway, the Sonic game I want to be made is what I have wanted ever since I played Sonic CD. A 2D Sonic that uses an animated style. The cutscenes in Sonic CD originally made me want this to happen. I know why it hasn't happened as look at Vanillaware. It takes them 5 years to make a game because they hand draw every frame. In a perfect world, I'd want to have the aesthetic as the grittier look of hand-drawn animation of the 90s with the cels. Think of 90s anime how detailed background and such were. The movement not quite as smooth. Now that I know will never happen. I would settle with a cleaner look of let's say the modern Sonic animated shorts for Sonic Mania.

I mean this could be a screen from a game! If a Sonic game would look like this instead of yet another one chasing down pixels I would be estatic! Shame SEGA rather focus on yet another shit 3D game with some gimmick mechanic tied on.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

A remake of the original Sonic Adv using the Hedgehog 2 engine. I think the perfect 2D Sonic game already been made with Sonic CD and the utterly fab Sonic Rush (also loved the music score). I love to see High Def 24bit versions of those games
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

A true sequel to Sonic 3. 2D, and all. Sonic Mania was good, but it felt less of a proper sequel and more of a remix. I want original levels, original bosses, and graphics that take advantage of modern hardware, but still use Genesis quality pixel art.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I'd still like a time trial based 3D Sonic game for Saturn, using the Sonic Jam engine. Stages could be like Mario 64 with many time based challenges for each individual 3D zone. Sonic doesn't have to move too fast for quality platforming, as the time based theme plays into the whole "speed" gimmick.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

A proper sequel (or remake) of Sonic R.
    A very wise Mighty Pirate™ once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I'd be pretty happy with a game that shows the classic Sonic crew (sonic/tails/knuckles/robotnik) meet up with the new Sonic crew and then something horrible happens and that entire fucking basketball sized crew dies horribly.
    then we go back to classic stories of Robotnik trying to turn creatures into robots, no more motorcycle riding evil dark misunderstood hedgehogs and fucking furries.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

a good one
    Kitsune in a hat

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    A true sequel to Sonic 3. 2D, and all. Sonic Mania was good, but it felt less of a proper sequel and more of a remix. I want original levels, original bosses, and graphics that take advantage of modern hardware, but still use Genesis quality pixel art.
    pretty much why i didnt care for mania
    its just a romhack
    a sega sanctioned rom hack but just a rom hack non the less
    Kitsune in a hat

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I'd be pretty happy with a game that shows the classic Sonic crew (sonic/tails/knuckles/robotnik) meet up with the new Sonic crew and then something horrible happens and that entire fucking basketball sized crew dies horribly.
    then we go back to classic stories of Robotnik trying to turn creatures into robots, no more motorcycle riding evil dark misunderstood hedgehogs and fucking furries.
    I've got to hand it to you. You have a definite knack of summing things up perfectly.

As far as I'm concerned Sonic 3 & Knuckles is still the best Sonic game of all time and has yet to be beaten in the last 25yrs of Sonic games. Sonic Mania is a damn fine game but S3&K is the perfect Sonic game for me.

I must be the only person on the planet that wants more motorcycle riding evil dark misunderstood hedgehogs.

I guess democracy takes another good thing.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I must be the only person on the planet that wants more motorcycle riding evil dark misunderstood hedgehogs.

I guess democracy takes another good thing.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

I'm pretty good with the Genesis portion of the series myself.

I'll say this though, I wouldn't be against giving a Sonic Adventure style game to the Yakuza team, filled with all kinds of screwing around. There already was a bit of it in the SA games anyway.

Sonic Cabaret Club. Please no.

Thread Information