Quantcast

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Remake. Releases this year.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Also sold on Amazon. So free shipping there if a Prime member.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Dang it lol.

Game looks great. Does anyone have it? Looks like reception from the original fans is good.
    The comments I've read haven't been very good. On Twitter, Melf said the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Spent some time with Panzer Dragoon remake, and... I'm not feeling it. The controls are extremely awkward. How could the Saturn pad, with no analog sticks, be more intuitive to use? And why do I have to exit the game to remap the controls? Not impressed so far, I must say...
    Probably the most disappointing comments are the ones simply saying "the game just isn't fun to play", which I've seen a lot of.

Lord of the Obscure Wildside Expert LordGeo's Avatar

It's been getting really mixed responses, from what I can see. There are some who seem to be finding problems with just about any aspect of it, while there are others who find it to be really good, if maybe having some minor issues (that could very well be fixed via patches). Another YouTuber, Sega Lord X, found it to be great, and even complimented it on matching enemy placement seemingly 100% to where they were on the Saturn.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Controls are set to classic by default and many didn't know that when playing. Seen some they started to like it when switching to modern control settings.

Max likes it but makes a valid point about lock on being delayed. Tho a patch is coming. He did make a comment late in the video that while hyperbolic does show he enjoys it and he is a big fan of the original. He says late in the video that when the control issues this would be much better than the original game.

Some patches are coming later to fix controls and a bonus remixed soundtrack. Gyro might be coming as well. I bought it physical so it will be sometime before I play it. By then tho these issues should be worked out. Seems it's not bad but rushed out the door before being fully finished. It should be fine after some patches. I'm still excited to play it.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

A patch?!

Everything needs a patch.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    A patch?!

Everything needs a patch.
    Patches? PATCHES?! We don't need no stinkin patches!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher StuOhQ's Avatar

I thought it was awesome that they shadow dropped the game for Switch. I will definitely download it this weekend. Does anyone know what the file size is? The "classic" edition from LRG was tempting, but I can always just enjoy the first two on the Saturn...

Hopefully this prompts Sega to release Panzer Dragoon Saga on modern consoles. The insane price of the original means there is little chance I will ever own a legitimate US copy on the Saturn.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods – Bit Sized, Episode 4

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

I read lots of negative impressions around, even about gameplay. It doesn't surprise me, game looks really bad since the first trailer.

Hope PD Zwei remake will be done by Sega or at least by a different company.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    I read lots of negative impressions around, even about gameplay. It doesn't surprise me, game looks really bad since the first trailer.

Hope PD Zwei remake will be done by Sega or at least by a different company.
    Same devs. The game is good but the controls are a bit slow. They are working on a patch for it. Otherwise, it plays just like Panzer Dragoon.

During an interview with Panzer Dragoon World, Panzer Dragoon: Remake co-producer Benjamin Anseaume detailed a new 1.3 update for the Switch remake. It’s been confirmed that the patch will include an option to enable 60 frames per second, HD Rumble, and more.

Here’s a full rundown of the update:

– HD Rumble
    – 60FPS is added
    – Input lag reduced/rotation improved
    – Gyro controls
    – Sound effects are reworked
    – Several face button to fire/lock
    – Auto lock system as an option
    – Episode 0 added
    – New game mode (performance?)
    – New gameplay options
    – New cheat codes
    – Options accessible from pause menu
    – Dragon animation reworked
    – Game language based on console language at first launch
    – Secret menu called Pandora Box in Remake now accessible once the game is beaten regardless of difficulty
    https://nintendoeverything.com/panze...nput-lag-more/

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

^update sounds good, should fix at least some of what's going wrong here

i caved on the LRG saturn case, i don't expect much of anything to capture the moebius artstyle magic these days but hearing the original OST's in there gave me hope. hope they learn from this before zwei.

Thread Information