Quantcast

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Konami announces PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Mini

Wildside Expert

Konami website also says specifically that the U.S. Turbografx mini is delayed until further notice.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

I got an email that my Japanese version might ship in the first week of April so we shall see.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

I have been playing it for the last hour or so. Games feel good. They play well to me but I am not a frame perfect person or an audiophile. I have not noticed any issues. I have noticed something with the controller. It feels much lighter than the original. Not cheap as the plastic feels sturdy. Just really light. The D-pad is pretty stiff. Now it could be due to age but my original feels more spongey. It has not affected me too much as it's not overly stiff but you do notice it. Not a lot on filters. Basic CRT filter option. Screen size and one option to look like you are playing your games on a Turboexress. A couple of wallpapers or black for backgrounds.

UI is fast and snappy. You can organize by release date or alphabetical. It has both PC Engine games and Turbo16 games. Not gone through every game yet. As expected it's a closed system. It does not come with a wall adapter but is powered by a USB port on your TV. It does have 2 controller ports in front via USB. Not tried random USB controllers yet. As always with these, not every game you want is on there. No Kieth Courage or Legendary Ax. A lot of shooters. I'm pretty happy with it so far. This is from a person that does not pixel count or notice 1/17 of second audio delays or whatever.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I was never a big fan of Keith Courage. I'd thought that it was a horrible pack-in for the TG-16.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I discovered some hidden games. I pressed select twice on Salamander and unlocked Force Gear. 3 times gave me Twin Bee.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Does it really have the Japanese version of Bonk's Adventure and the US version of Bonk's Revenge, on all three versions of the Mini? Why do that?

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Does it really have the Japanese version of Bonk's Adventure and the US version of Bonk's Revenge, on all three versions of the Mini? Why do that?
    No, they didn't. Binks Adventure and Air Zonk on the US side. Japanese PCE doesn't have a Bonk game listed on my console.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    No, they didn't. Binks Adventure and Air Zonk on the US side. Japanese PCE doesn't have a Bonk game listed on my console.
    The PC Engine fans I've seen talk about the white PCE Mini have said that it has Turbo Bonk' Adventure, PC Genjin 2 and no Bonk/Genjin 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Wildside Expert

I cancelled my TG-16 mini order from Amazon US and ordered the Core Grafx mini from Amazon JP. Should have it in a few days. Can't wait!!

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Looks like Amazon and other retailers aren't taking preorders for the US system at all anymore.

edit: Nevermind, that was true for like a day? They're back on now.
    Last edited by j_factor; 04-11-2020 at 02:19 PM.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer View Post
    I cancelled my TG-16 mini order from Amazon US and ordered the Core Grafx mini from Amazon JP. Should have it in a few days. Can't wait!!
    Got my Core Grafx mini console today. Very nice unit overall and plays great. No noticeable issue with lag, etc, imo.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I'd love to get one of these, but I'm saving up for an RTX 2080 Super for my PC.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

I just released a review for the Turbografx 16 Mini if any one is interested.

Wildside Expert

I know this forum isn't Amazon tech support, but if anyone knows the answers to these questions I's really appreciate it.

I pre-ordered a TG-16 Mini from Amazon U.S. back in December. I redeemed $100 in Amazon gift cards to cover the cost. My pre-order now shows a ship date of December 31, 2020. I'd like to order it from Amazon Japan instead so I'll get it sooner.

When I logged on to Amazon Japan, I had to create a new account (even though it's the same e-mail as my U.S. account). Amazon Japan did not recognize my U.S. account. Has anyone else had that issue?

Also, if I cancel my U.S. order, can I use my $100 credit to place a new order on Amazon Japan, or will my credit be stuck in the U.S. site?

It's not an issue to make a new account for a new region. That's just how it is. December 31 is a placeholder date. No, that credit is tied to the other account. If you cancel the order you get that credit back for your US account but it cannot be transferred to a different account.

Thread Information