Quantcast

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Konami announces PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Mini

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    thanks man, the original image is out there somewhere!
    Yeah, no problem. I'm very sad to report after 12 hours of on and off searching for the magazine article screenshot I took from a youtube video (which was finally concrete evidence from Sega themselves) the Saturn would be backwards compatible planned for 32x games with adapter, that I can't find it now. It was a Saturn or 32 X documentary on youtube with screenshots of scans from old vg magazines discussing Saturn, in the upper right corner of article it mentioned it. It was speculated for decades on this forum and I was happy to take proof finally, but I feel like a loser because I can't find it now. I just saw it months ago on my computer going through some pictures. Oh well, maybe in the future I'll find it again.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Maybe on the launch, but lets face it the Famicom and Super Famicom simply dominated Japan and I couldn't see the PC Eng selling more than 1.7 million units in 1987 myself; Not that really counts for something at one point SEGA Japan with the Saturn was the number one selling system in Japan, outselling both the N64 and Play Station and things were looking so good, untill the bloody FF 7 demo LOL

It did sell 8 million units there. Itís not unreasonable to see it sell over 2 million in 1 year.
    Last edited by gamevet; 06-23-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It did sell 8 million units there. Itís not unreasonable to see it sell over 2 million in 1 year.
    The issues I have with that is, was a UK gaming mag (CVG) said the PC-Eng had sold 2 million units as of 1989. I'm not saying you are wrong btw, but I read differently but can understand how so many magazines would get facts wrong, back in those days.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I wish they just all had the same games as well.
    Give it a month and this will no longer be an issue. Someone will hack it like they did the Nintendo minis, and you'll be able to play everything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    Thanks, yeah Top Hat Gaming man made an entire video from your avatar. But I was talking about the Magazine article stating in a Saturn Preview, Sega is working on an adapter for 32x game compatibility with Saturn. I had it, for proof people been waiting for, but now I lost screenshot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Top Hat Gaming man
    LOL
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

The issues I have with that is, was a UK gaming mag (CVG) said the PC-Eng had sold 2 million units as of 1989. I'm not saying you are wrong btw, but I read differently but can understand how so many magazines would get facts wrong, back in those days.
    Of the sales figures that were counted in Japan, they were inconsistent with what they counted and how. Often "PC Engine" sales only count certain non-CD and the high "CD-ROM" sales seemed to include Duos, but it's not clear if the Super CD-ROM, LaserActive Pak, Turbo-CD, etc are included.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Japan also had a habit of reporting shipped units as sold.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Top Hat Gaming Man
    LOL
    It was either him, Sega Lord X, Nostalgia Nerd or another youtube channel video which had the screenshot of Magazine Scan of Sega article claiming they would release a 32x adapter for upcoming Saturn.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    I understand why some people do or do not like the look of the TG-16, but it was totally in line with PC Engine hardware/accessory designs. It retains all of the key physicals aesthetics and the t-bone shape is the same as the SuperGrafx. Even the name TurboGrafx-16 fits in with the rest of the PC Engine line.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Of the sales figures that were counted in Japan, they were inconsistent with what they counted and how. Often "PC Engine" sales only count certain non-CD and the high "CD-ROM" sales seemed to include Duos, but it's not clear if the Super CD-ROM, LaserActive Pak, Turbo-CD, etc are included.
    Like I said it was difficult to get any sort of accurate figures back into those days and the CD-Rom2 didn't come out until 1988, so that wouldn't be included in 87 sales figures. The main trouble is, only Nintendo has ever bothered to publish official sales figures for 87 and where the Famicom sold over 1.7 million units in 1987
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    It was either him, Sega Lord X, Nostalgia Nerd or another youtube channel video which had the screenshot of Magazine Scan of Sega article claiming they would release a 32x adapter for upcoming Saturn.
    I quite like SEGA Lord X, so I don't know where you get that idea, from at all. I also really like Randomised Gaming, RetroCore, LGR, Game Shack, Happy Console Gamer, My Life in Gaming and Metal Jesus.
    Top Hat Gamer man has many times been found out on Retrogamer, to have copy and pasted from the likes of Wiki and gets many things wrong. Before I'm, reported and told off for going off topic ask your self just a couple of things ...

Why would SEGA Japan look to make the 32X adaptor? That photo is clearly fake: By the time of the White Saturn, the 32X was long dead and SEGA never styled it's Master System converter in the style of the console, so why would SEGA do it for the 32X?.
    It's quite clearly a photo of where someone painted a 32X white (the style and dimensions are excalty the same), cut the Cart port off it and put it on the white Saturn. Edge Magazine did a mock-up for the Virtual Fighter 3 add-on Cart and that looks fine, but you then have issues of how that add-on cart was meant to cool its self, given it was 'said' to have Model 3 spec, it would have needed some serious cooling and cause no end of trouble to fit all that in a Cart slot.

I don't think the Model 3 add-on cart got far into development myself (if at all) and have only ever seen Andy Mee from SEGA Europe talk of the device. Hiroshi Kataoka, when interviewed over Saturn VF3, didn't know anything for about an add-on the cart for the Saturn to give the system better gfx (one would think he would know) and said the development of VF3 on Saturn didn't get very far, before it was decided to move to Project Dreamcast. One would have also expected Shenmue on the Saturn to make use of the Add-On and it didn't, so was it ever real in the 1st place?
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 06-24-2019 at 04:40 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Several magazines had gossip about an add-on cart to run VF3 on the Saturn. Someone at SEGA, or a Japanese media outlet leaked that rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Several magazines had gossip about an add-on cart to run VF3 on the Saturn. Someone at SEGA, or a Japanese media outlet leaked that rumor.
    Gossip and all the gossip was coming at the time SEGA was working on the 4 Meg Cart .
    But before I get warnings that's all I say on the subject and go back on topic, with that I hope Vigilante really makes to the Mini; I remember playing that game on my PC Eng and being amazed at the near Arcade perfect graphics
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information