Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who still collects?

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    I like to think I have a pretty good eye for what's repro, or original. It actually takes a hell of a lot of effort to make a 1 to 1 of anything. I've made some of my own game boxes using hours of Photoshop, scanners, and a high-end ink jet. The best equipment and assets available to the general public still kinda pales in comparison to the industrialized process of things, even 30 years in the past. Nothin' repro ever looks quite right.
    I agree if I've got it in my hands, but pictures online for a lot of stuff can be deceiving. There's a local media store near me that sells retro stuff and I'm always suspicious about stuff that looks "too mint" to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Oh man. There's a guy who recently listed a bunch of 32x stuff on eBay... and they're all like super grossly overpriced, even for COVID madness prices. Like $690 for Knuckles Chaotix, which is roughly a $200 game. The rest of his listing are similarly overblown in price. $80 for Cosmic Carnage, a $25 game. $400 for Zaxxon, a $120 game. Sad, because he actually has a few titles I'd spend good money for, had he listed them for the real prices. It's either a joke, or he kinda wants a quick few grand for something, but doesn't want it enough to actually part with his stuff.

Thread Information