Quantcast

Thread: The history of barbarian the ultimate warrior – video game documentary

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Default The history of barbarian the ultimate warrior – video game documentary

Great video dude. Barbarian was one of the games I got pretty good at for a while and I remember it being ported to absolutely every device in existence at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Great video dude. Barbarian was one of the games I got pretty good at for a while and I remember it being ported to absolutely every device in existence at the time.
    Thanks, wasn't sure if people would still remember this game which is why I put Maria Whitaker on the cover of my video LOL

If you haven't tried barbarian plus give that a shot it's really good.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Master of Shinobi NeoZeedeater's Avatar

I'm a big fan of the game (I had it on C64 back then). I love that this video gives background info that rarely gets mentioned. It's a shame the game has fallen more into obscurity over the years.

RIP Richard Joseph, composer of such a classic soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I'm a big fan of the game (I had it on C64 back then). I love that this video gives background info that rarely gets mentioned. It's a shame the game has fallen more into obscurity over the years.

RIP Richard Joseph, composer of such a classic soundtrack.
    I tried to be very thorough and in-depth with my videos so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I played a backup copy (uh, pirated version) of Barbarian on the C-64. I had no idea what the moves were, but I did have a pretty good handle on how to decapitate an opponent.

I'll admit, I had to check out the nude photos of Maria. She was pretty hot.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I played a backup copy (uh, pirated version) of Barbarian on the C-64. I had no idea what the moves were, but I did have a pretty good handle on how to decapitate an opponent.

I'll admit, I had to check out the nude photos of Maria. She was pretty hot.
    While doing research for my video I had to check out Nudes of her as well….For research purposes. :-)

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patmanqc View Post
    While doing research for my video I had to check out Nudes of her as well….For research purposes. :-)
    The things we do for our art!

great video btw, didn't even know there was a Barbarian+

I just checked out the Barbarian guy from the cover and holy shit! He still looks like a beast! Its good that he's stayed in shape for all these years and he could probably still be a decent cover model if they wanted to release some kind of remake of the game.

BTW if anyone's interested, here's his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wolfgladiatoruk/
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 08-18-2019 at 10:40 AM.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Master of Shinobi NeoZeedeater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I played a backup copy (uh, pirated version) of Barbarian on the C-64.
    It's funny how most fans of the game in North America know it more by its European name since that was the probably the main one in piracy circles.

Thread Information