Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alice Sisters - New Puzzle Platformer game for the Sega Genesis / Megadrive

Watch out for the evil boss !
    Retro Game Development -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
    on Megadrive, Dreamcast, PS1, Gameboy, PC engine, Atari, Jaguar

Good job! I really like that he has several attacks and not just one.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Woaw, the project looks like more and more beautiful with every update!

I really love the "warm" and cartoony feel of this level, and the sharp contrast with the evil boss.

Keep up the great work!
    Download ROMs of my games: https://drludos.itch.io/
    Support my work and get access to betas and prototypes: https://www.patreon.com/drludos

Master of Shinobi

If I may, the music is too lood compared to the SFX. The game looks awesome, though.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

New title screen for my next Sega Genesis game, Alice Sisters, what do you think ?
    28 levels, 4 boss, and 4 differents game mode: Easy, Normal, Puzzle, Hard,
    The puzzle mode is limited number of bullets for the Sister player, use them carefully!

Master of Shinobi

leagues better! The dithering, though. Almost no modern real world setup will blend those pixels.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Nameless One

Your account name is my son's name, so I'm already positively biased.

Gameplay looks solid. Congrats on getting so much of the foundation of the game completed! Jumping physics look like they make sense in the world. Neither of the characters look like they slide too much when moving around - a big pet peeve of mine in platformers, so way to go! Some of the FX like the parallax scrolling look neat. Very colorful.

Having said that...

The stage that you show looks rather spartan. Not much to do - but that might be your choice by design. I'll agree that the title screen looks... like a work in progress. I didn't hear much for sound FX. Stage music is louder than FX that I heard.

Fantastic progress. Can't wait to see more of the game. Especially if you plan to have that many levels!

Are you doing all the work on this game? Programming, interface, music, graphics, level design?

That's pretty much all I have for cons. I

The level in the first post? Eh, looks fine by me (it looks like it's intended to be an early level).

Also I swear, watching again and I keep having the same impression: I don't know what's up with the music but I keep getting the impression that this is sounds more like a Sega CD game despite the music being clearly FM (unless I'm also getting thrown off by the sound effects). You know, that odd feeling where it's a blatant 16-bit game but the music sounds like it's better quality than it should be? Like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    The stage that you show looks rather spartan. Not much to do - but that might be your choice by design. I'll agree that the title screen looks... like a work in progress. I didn't hear much for sound FX. Stage music is louder than FX that I heard.
    It's a puzzle platformer, you have keys to collect, doors to open, ennemies to kill or avoid, lever to activate, etc...
    Can you tell me what more would I need to add ? Is there so much to do in other platformers like in Sonic or Mario for example ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Are you doing all the work on this game? Programming, interface, music, graphics, level design?
    I'm doing programming, level design, game design, and some part of the graphics (like the title, some tiles etc..)
    Otherwise, the graphics are mainly from public domain graphics, or commissioned to an artist, and music is also commissioned.

Synth music girl Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Speedy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Also I swear, watching again and I keep having the same impression: I don't know what's up with the music but I keep getting the impression that this is sounds more like a Sega CD game despite the music being clearly FM (unless I'm also getting thrown off by the sound effects). You know, that odd feeling where it's a blatant 16-bit game but the music sounds like it's better quality than it should be? Like that.
    I'll take that as a compliment! :p
    Maybe it's having SFX and drum samples play simultaneously? That's the only thing I can think of that might be throwing you off, cause I don't think my FM programming is too crazy...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

The Dreamcast versions of this are open for pre-order now with Pixelheart, but it's unclear when they'll list the Genesis version.

Synth music girl Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Speedy's Avatar

The music is up on YouTube for anyone interested! https://youtu.be/1wSJQk_jVw4

Quote Originally Posted by Scrobins09 View Post
    The Dreamcast versions of this are open for pre-order now with Pixelheart, but it's unclear when they'll list the Genesis version.
    I'm still waiting on that as well, I really want people to be able to hear the music I did on real hardware....

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The music is up on YouTube for anyone interested! https://youtu.be/1wSJQk_jVw4
    Nice work, absolutely gorgeous!

Thread Information