Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone capable of making MD+ games for the Mega SD?

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    It wouldn't be that great since the CD only includes 6 tunes while the game has over a dozen.
    Only half great then. Didn't think of that!

Master of Shinobi

well, the PC version of the game played those tracks, so perhaps they could be used as a reference on track order as such? Unless they did something silly like just playing all tracks nonstop.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Well after waiting to get approved finally. I've had an idea recently to make some soundtracks for this, but I dont' own a MegaSD to test and I also don't know anything about programming. (Only music)
    I made this quick demo for Phantasy Star II in a few days to get the basic blocking of the song programming without anything else out to get an idea of the kind of late 80s/early 90s space-y sounding synths while retaining some of the FM sounds.
    (Korg M1, Yamaha DX7, Korg Wavestation, Emulation of a Roland Juno and Simmons drum synth and the bell instrument patch from the same song on real hardware. Also will probably add in some guitars here and there too)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AU-...tv5AaQSyp/view

I tried not to listen to the awesome arranged old soundtrack releases for inspiration but I did listen to it a little recently and maybe i'll incorporate elements of that as well.

If anyone would be interested in seeing this for the whole game and if anyone could potentially implement it in game for me.(Also this game seems to reset the songs back to the start when going in and out of battle. Is there a way around that either?) Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BONKERS View Post
    Well after waiting to get approved finally. I've had an idea recently to make some soundtracks for this, but I dont' own a MegaSD to test and I also don't know anything about programming. (Only music)
    I made this quick demo for Phantasy Star II in a few days to get the basic blocking of the song programming without anything else out to get an idea of the kind of late 80s/early 90s space-y sounding synths while retaining some of the FM sounds.
    (Korg M1, Yamaha DX7, Korg Wavestation, Emulation of a Roland Juno and Simmons drum synth and the bell instrument patch from the same song on real hardware. Also will probably add in some guitars here and there too)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AU-...tv5AaQSyp/view

I tried not to listen to the awesome arranged old soundtrack releases for inspiration but I did listen to it a little recently and maybe i'll incorporate elements of that as well.

If anyone would be interested in seeing this for the whole game and if anyone could potentially implement it in game for me.(Also this game seems to reset the songs back to the start when going in and out of battle. Is there a way around that either?) Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
    I can only say that this sounds FRICKIN' AMAZING! Would love to hear the rest of the soundtrack redone.

Thanks for the kind words.

Here's an updated WIP of the same song. Most of the sequencing has been expanded. Mixing is still basic and reverb disabled.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B24...Ms1U-TMwj/view

Hey Bonkers that sounds fantastic so far!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Hey Bonkers that sounds fantastic so far!
    Joe to any projects going on?
    Does Super Street Fighter have any plans?

A few more WIPs.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ht...KJFlJBPfidUlGk
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=175...zmiV1DVkSu6Ojn
    I think i'll start my own thread here eventually and on Romhacking.net

Keep it up BONKERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevrolet
    Joe to any projects going on?
    Does Super Street Fighter have any plans?
    I have a lot I can and want to do, but I can't hack the ROMs myself. I could probably bother Neodev to hack a few ROMs for me. I recently did a Michael Jackson's Moonwalker that uses real MJ songs instead of the instrumental versions, but they are looping and I need to wait until the Mega SD firmware is released to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Keep it up BONKERS!

I have a lot I can and want to do, but I can't hack the ROMs myself. I could probably bother Neodev to hack a few ROMs for me. I recently did a Michael Jackson's Moonwalker that uses real MJ songs instead of the instrumental versions, but they are looping and I need to wait until the Mega SD firmware is released to the public.
    Has Neodev or anyone else shown what all goes into the hacks? If it's a blanket method that works for all perhaps others could learn and run with it.

For Moonwaker, is it possible just to swap the instrumental music files with the real ones and name them the same? Or am I missing something.

So I made a thread over on OCRemix here https://ocremix.org/community/topic/...ngement-album/
    If you have an account there and have any feedback to share, i'd appreciate it. (There is a new WIP for Bracky News and a new WIP for the song "Mystery")

I'm going to focus on making the music for now before trying to either find a hacker or figure out myself (Which will end terribly i'm sure) how to add MegaDrive+ support to Phantasy Star II for final release. When I need someone to help with that I think i'll make a thread here or on Romhacking.

Something I've been thinking about for no reason other than intellectual curiosity: Would it be possible to do an MD+ update to Joe Montana Sports Talk Football and instead of the robot Stephan Hawking voice calling the plays, maybe have decent quality voiceovers instead? I'm sure some of the more famous commentators have enough existing material if someone wanted to piece that together, or even just record new lines so that they sound good.

Also, a message to Joe. Your like for the MD+ of Strider seems to no longer be working. Do you have an alternate link?
    Last edited by Armoured Priest; 03-02-2020 at 01:15 PM.

You'd need to fit that within the 99 track limit, so I'm not sure how feasible it'd be (aside from higher quality voices). How many commentator samples does the game have? (since you're probably going to want more than that to make it sound good)

Alternatively you could turn it into a CD game and stream in speech as needed, although at that point we're beyond the scope of MD+ (it'd probably still be Mega SD specific simply because of seek times you probably need an instantaneous "drive" without seek times to make it work).

I tried ys and strider patches but they would just show the cd player. maybe i did something wrong.
    sonic 1 cd booted but the game when selecting CDDA sounds like KSCHHHHHHHHHHH when first stage starts.

Thread Information