Quantcast

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Demons of Asteborg: new platformer on Kickstarter!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Nordak's Avatar

Mad Mohan and Sik: thanks for the reassurance. I hope you're right. I haven't been this excited about a game in a while.

Jorge: Like you, I wonder why this campaign hasn't taken off considering a few others I've seen funded seemed a bit lackluster by comparison. I actually posted a comment under the backer's message board about their plans if they didn't make the goal, and they didn't seem to have a plan B. Looks like as of right now, it truly is an all or nothing scenario.

Road Rasher

I just tried the demo, its pretty good! There is some weird screen tearing/static objects moving that reminds me a lot of papi commando, i hope they can fix this, i think the way papi was programmed made that weird stuff even in the final game. Will back for a rom file, cib is way too much in canadian dollars!
    Did you guys find the lightning bolt from the beginning screen? I did!
    Last edited by PreZZ; 10-15-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Did you guys find the lightning bolt from the beginning screen? I did!
    Been puzzling over this since I got the demo. How'd you manage to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordak View Post
    Jorge: Like you, I wonder why this campaign hasn't taken off considering a few others I've seen funded seemed a bit lackluster by comparison. I actually posted a comment under the backer's message board about their plans if they didn't make the goal, and they didn't seem to have a plan B. Looks like as of right now, it truly is an all or nothing scenario.
    I mean, they could have probably pulled in a lot more of backers if the demo had been available from the beginning (or more likely, if they had waited a few more days to begin the campaign so the demo could be ready in time). They really screwed up there.

At least the demo is out now so maybe they'll have more luck bringing in backers in the last stretch of the campaign.

They didn't help themselves by having a badly written Kickstarter page. I've mentioned the issues before, but did they seriously think people would back them to the tune of $1,000,000 for an online mode? The arcade cabinet is just plain dumb, and while I understand that English may not be their first language, the general writeup of the rest of the page just didn't initially give me confidence in backing them (I have backed it now BTW). I think they are probably very capable game developers and the game will turn out very good in the end, but they needed to get a marketing guy onboard before going to Kickstarter.

Something a lot of people don't understand is that when you ask for money (from a bank, a crowdfunding campaign or some kind of investor), backers are potentially funding the team involved just as much as they are funding the ideas and business model. A team can have a great idea, but if they give the wrong first impression then many backers are just going to run in the opposite direction rather than hand over money. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I think there was a lot of good that came from getting funded by a bank rather than Kickstarter. There's been many crowdfunded projects that would have been torn to shreds immediately by a good bank manager.

Wildside Expert

Iím in, at the Digital Pack level. Iím playing the demo right now on my hacked PSP and itís fantastic, especially for a demo fer chrissakes! Absolutely loving the graphics, gameplay and music. All of youse guys who havenít taken the plunge need to get with the program. At least go in for the ROM. This baby needs to get funded! And how cool would it be if the 2-player co-op stretch goal gets reached? Unlikely, but a video game nerd can dream...

Címon, guys, letís put this one over the top!
    Jeff Nelson
    Video gaming since 1979 (I was an Atari Baby)

Level 1 Blast Processor Road Rasher

Kickstarters flatline in the middle, the curve is an S-shape. This one will succeed.

That $1m stretch is a bit of a... stretch... but it's also wise to plan for a campaign completely blowing through the walls. It's unlikely, but you do need to be prepared if you strike lucky.

Something thats make me step back is that i can't see any image how the gonna be, because now 100% of the assets are an downgraded version of free/paid assets over internet.. they pitch thats the final game gonna use a proper artwork, so i prefer wait to see how it gonna be.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

It's starting to look better on the funding end, so I'll go with the thoughts on more experienced voices than myself and assume this game is happening. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

As far as marketing, I can see valid points as far as waiting on the demo and rewards side. I do think the lead developer, Cristophe, is very passionate about creating a game the community is going to like. I think, like many here have suggested, we're going to be in good hands on that end. At the end of the day, for me it's all about how the game "feels." So far, I'm digging it.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Glad to see they posted a demo. Reviews from others sound promising so I'll probably pull out my ED and Nomad and give it a whirl if I can.

I feel likely to back at the physical level if this hits enough high points for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Nameless One

Project Update #3 - To finish with Paprium - odd update? What's Paprium got to do with it?
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Mega CD Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    Project Update #3 - To finish with Paprium - odd update? What's Paprium got to do with it?
    People are hesitant to back a project, so many failed to deliver trough crowdsourcing, especially Paprium. Same thing for Intellivision Amico, despite having good staff and an actual working console and games, people associate the coleco chameleon and atari vcs with it. Amico looks awesome!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    People are hesitant to back a project, so many failed to deliver trough crowdsourcing, especially Paprium. Same thing for Intellivision Amico, despite having good staff and an actual working console and games, people associate the coleco chameleon and atari vcs with it. Amico looks awesome!
    Amico is the only one of those projects that isn't crowd funded or taking preorder money or anything like that. It's being done the same way "real" consoles have been.

It's silly how people who throw money at random pipe dream projects are more critical of the Amico, which is much more transparent even though they owe the public nothing. We still have Paprium apologists on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

WCPO Agent

I don't know what they mean posting about Paprium, but I did see on their Facebook page people are already questioning whether or not they should fund this after the Paprium debacle. Hopefully the fact that they already released a working game engine should go a long way for reassuring investors.

In other words, another big win for Fonzie in helping the MD homebrew community...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I don't know what they mean posting about Paprium
    They just want to address a common comparison once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Hopefully the fact that they already released a working game engine should go a long way for reassuring investors.
    Yeah, like how the fact WM already released Pier Solar reassured investors.

Thread Information