Quantcast

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Demons of Asteborg: new platformer on Kickstarter!

Quote Originally Posted by cabear View Post

i didn't get that far but enough to get the idea.

run on kega 3.64 but works just the same on my shield and rg350.
    HUGE upgrade from the earlier demo I tried, which had tons of music stuttering and screen tearing on my Genesis. I'd love to be able to try the new one, but I wasn't a backer though I'm likely to pre-order the GEN Rom. The physics were excellent in the early demo. As for the animation, the heavy breathing is kind of gross, but otherwise I'm liking what I'm seeing. This is moving towards something that would have sold well 25-30 years ago.

The music still slows a bit but it's better. The controls are kind of sluggish or imprecise at times but it's still a beta so it'll probably get better. I agree, years ago this would have been a title to watch for, I can't wait to see how it comes together. I wish the enemy hit sounds were "meatier" and the combat had some "weight" to it.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm impressed with Demons of Asteborg. Anybody pre-order this recently?

I forgot about this game, but still interested. I'm waiting to see if the ROM they release will definitely run on flash carts.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm impressed with Demons of Asteborg. Anybody pre-order this recently?
    I pre-ordered the physical boxed version back in January after the Kickstarter. Probably would have backed it earlier had I been paying attention.

Anyone received emails asking for your shipping address and phone? But also asking what your ordered and the quantity? Something to do with a computer crash and I'm guessing they don't know what is what now? I contacted them via email to verify the legitimacy of the request since asking for a phone number isn't something they required when ordering originally and is pretty personal?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Anyone received emails asking for your shipping address and phone? But also asking what your ordered and the quantity? Something to do with a computer crash and I'm guessing they don't know what is what now? I contacted them via email to verify the legitimacy of the request since asking for a phone number isn't something they required when ordering originally and is pretty personal?
    All I gots to say is that none of that sounds good.

I got an email reply back this morning and in the email contents, they posted what they thought my order information was including my address. They are making sure that none have moved or changed addresses since the game is complete and they are getting orders together for shipping now. Since they replied back with my name and address info already there, I confirmed the information was correct and thanked them for reaching out to confirm and verifying the legitimacy of the emails. And they had a phone number already for me as well. I don't remember providing this when ordering but if I did, I gave them my work phone number apparently so they don't have my personal phone number anyway.

Quick note. ROMs have started to go out to backers.

game doesn't seem to really work on a Mega SG at the moment. Because of that, I don't actually know if the Mega SD will let you run the game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Yep, i've received my ROM yesterday. I'm pretty disappointed it doesn't work in any of the emulators I've tried (Fusion, Gens, BlastEm...). If I had known, I would not have backed this project. When you sell a ROM download, I expect the ROM to work with no fuss.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

I thought they were clear about using a new mapper?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

I don't remember that. I guess it's on me for not reading everything.

I've received a second link to the ROM today.

As some of you may have noticed we had some problems with the SendBox links,
    so here is a new link to download the game ROM, please note that we will disable this link soon,
    so be sure to download the ROM !
    This time, the ROM is zipped. I have unzipped it, and funnily, it's not the exact same as the ROM from yesterday. I compared both ROMs in a hex editor, and the ROM from yesterday has an extra byte at the very beginning (0A) that the second ROM does not have.

Do people that ordered the physical copy of the game get the rom as well? I mean, I bought the physical game, which is the most expensive version, and that group is the only group that can't play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Do people that ordered the physical copy of the game get the rom as well? I mean, I bought the physical game, which is the most expensive version, and that group is the only group that can't play the game?
    Looks like anyone who backed the physical copy should get the ROM too:

"Demons Of Asteborg (boxed with manual)

Receive a boxed cartridge of Demons Of Asteborg compatible with the original SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis console (versions I, II and III) with instruction manual.
    Includes:

OST digital download
    Access to the backers channel on Discord
    Sega Mega Drive/Genesis ROM file
    Sega Mega Drive/Genesis boxed set
    Demons Of Asteborg stickers"

I haven't yet received a link to download a ROM.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Looks amazing! Wish it had a 32X option.

Thread Information