Quantcast

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Demons of Asteborg: new platformer on Kickstarter!

Quote Originally Posted by StandardDeluxe View Post
    I was all ready to back this, then I saw the shipping cost to the UK...
    There is a rom-only option if you really want to back it.

On another note, while I'm still not willing to back the game, I have noticed that they aren't short of backers so maybe they'll get funded.

There's already a demo available for download.

I'm played in GENS kmod, my toughts:

- Despite the noticeable backgrounds unfinished aspects. the graphics are ok, nice art, great animation and in genaral good color usage.
    - Gameplay is very tight i like much, but there is still much to improve.
    - The general sound quality astonishing me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2650993
    Last edited by EPSYLON EAGLE; 10-13-2019 at 01:35 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll try the demo!
    The looks very promising, and it seems that they will successfully complete the KickStarter!
    Download ROMs of my games: https://drludos.itch.io/
    Support my work and get access to betas and prototypes: https://www.patreon.com/drludos

Having tested the demo I think I may have been wrong about some of the things I've posted here previously. Maybe the team really do know what they're doing after all. I still think that the Kickstarter page is terrible, more effort could have been put into the page, and I think they should have made it clear from the beginning which assets are placeholder and which ones are likely to be final.

Gameplay is pretty solid, I like the audio and couldn't find any obvious bugs. The campaign is looking popular so I don't think they'll have any trouble getting funded, but I still think the expected delivery date is optimistic. I wish the team luck with it, seems like a game I would like to play when its released.
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 10-13-2019 at 07:57 AM.

I also played the demo and if the final product gets the polish it needs this could be a really amazing game.

The demo froze and needed a reset a few times but it's a demo and I won't hold that against the game. The music was good but sounded a bit scratchy/coarse; not the fault of the melody.

The controls are great. Running, jumping and attacking just work. Although it feels like your reach is a bit short; specially considering how long his sword looks.
    Wall jumping takes some practice but I do like it.

The quest of meeting the ghost/spirit, finding a torch to get past the hay stack to reach the rose for the spirit in return for the dungeon key was great. I felt right at home.

The end boss' attack pattern was simplistic but still fun and just fine for an early boss or a mid level boss.

So far, I'm really glad I backed Demons of Asteborg.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

There were a few small bugs, there's definitely some screen tearing, and if you die to the boss and loop back to the title, not all of the color palettes reset and stay bugged through your next playthrough. These are all minor things of course and can be attributed to it being an early alpha-demo

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Nordak's Avatar

The game play is there. I backed this last week, and am pleased with the demo overall. It looks like they're committed to making it something special. Hopefully they get the funds they need to polish it into a work of art. It's going to be a nail biter concerning the funding goal.

I dug it a lot. I know it's a beta and not final so I'd like louder sfx and more solid collision, otherwise I really liked the way it handled and the graphics. I played it in the MD.emu on my shield and the game would slow down between screen transitions. The music sounds great though and I can't wait to hear more of the game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker StandardDeluxe's Avatar

Backed, now the UK shipping is a much more reasonable €9...

Level 1 Blast Processor Road Rasher

The demo is really decent! They should have opened with this, would have given their Kickstarter a bigger boost early on.

A few bugs, but nothing to worry about at this stage of development, I think they've got this in the bag.

Oh, and you can pet the dog...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Nordak's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvilCorporation View Post
    The demo is really decent! They should have opened with this, would have given their Kickstarter a bigger boost early on....
    I've been following the trend on incoming money, and it seems they aren't going to hit the goal needed for funding. A real shame as it looks like it has the potential to be something special. This is a call to anyone still on the fence. Give them your money already and let's get it funded! I need this game in my life.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Nordak View Post
    I've been following the trend on incoming money, and it seems they aren't going to hit the goal needed for funding. A real shame as it looks like it has the potential to be something special. This is a call to anyone still on the fence. Give them your money already and let's get it funded! I need this game in my life.
    Agreed. I think this game looks promising. Hoping this gets funded as well.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

What are their options if the kickstarted fails? Can they approach it again, with the demo and more to show? It seems like a shame to see it fall apart, as they seem to have a good deal of time invested, and the demo looks really promising. Much less deserving homebrew titles have been kickstarted/funded, so I hope this meets its goal. Maybe a company like Megacat Studios would be willing to look at this.

Don't worry too much about it getting funded. There's usually a massive spike in backers at the very end of a Kickstarter. I think this one will be fine.

Yeah, most of the backers show up at the beginning and the end (the middle point is dull) and they already crossed the 50% threshold so they'll be probably fine.

Thread Information