Quantcast

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Was the N64 strategy the best way for Sega to return to the market? (Hypothetically)

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Yes Mega Drive is a shit name. It means nothing. Genesis does what Mega Don't.
    You don't know what you're talking about. The name was originally chosen in Japan to convey the power of the new and then-unique 16-bit architecture.

I love Yakuza. Just finished Judgment AMAZINGGG.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post
    I have a feeling that we fell into a cartel and everything is combined, really, I believe that at 10,000% and there is a lot of evidence that points to that.

all Sega fans I've talked to inside and outside social media repeat the same arguments, among them that SEGA has no money, so I could see that the Sega fan deconstruction process was deep, I'm showing a different path Fans can be protagonists, I've seen it work in other cases like for example Sonic the Movie, it works.

I think the only way to make the plan viable is if the forum (not the people who compose it) embraced the idea, so we could go to step 2 which would be to denounce the downsides of this current market, large amount of open worlds games with empty worlds , Abusive DLCs, GaaS (game as service) and finally bring SEGA as an alternative, because it has short arcade games and a whole philosophy of its own. making this reach some Game journalist, who will publish thus beginning an effect that will culminate in the achievement of the goal.
    Well we're at least on a similar page. When people usually dream of a Sega console, its because they got nostalgia of the Genesis and Dreamcast, and sometimes also the Saturn and Master System. But the reality is modern Sega is a much different company than during those days, likely about 60% of the employees are different. Though you recognize that and still want them to make a new console.

Also Genesis and Mega Drive are both Greek names so by default that means they're both awesome.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

https://faq.sega.jp/hc/ja/requests/n...d=360000782393

Please send suggestions to Sega. let's try to make a better Sega

Are current games bad? would you like a new Alex Kidd? a new console? a new mini console? and tell them how to do

on this link you have a voice, it's the only way to talk to them, use google translate for japanese, copy and paste, send, it doesn't take 3 minutes and that can change something .... at least it's better than waiting

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar

That's it. the topic is hypothetical and I would like to hear from you whether you agree or disagree and what would be the best strategy in your opinion.

IMO.

The Nintendo 64 came in almost 2 years after the beginning of the generation, nintendo was just doing as it did with Super nes coming in later, bringing cheap hardware and in some parts very strong, see a multiplayer Mario Kart would not be possible without this power , the Golden Eye would not be remembered without that power, meaning the power and price of entering later made a huge difference.

SEGA could do similarly, using this strategy, and for $ 300 offering a superior machine to the PS5 in 2021 going into 2022, this strategy does not make anyone market leader (let it be clear) but at least it prevents flop, ideal for those who are entering the market or returning, The biggest problem is not that Sega comes back in, it's they remain.

Brace yourselves
    I'm not sure this strategy is necessarily a safe bet. Xbox entered later with more powerful hardware and lost a ton of money for M$. If it weren't for their deep pockets and a dedication to breaking into the livingroom, there never would have been a 360.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Abomination! Xenoblade Chronicles X at 480i Over Composite... For Science! - Cut Content, Episode 1

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Not wanting to bring empty hopes, but I saw the following message on SEGA's Japanese profile (Twiiter): We are happy to announce that a strategy has been investigated and there are possibilities for profit, so SEGA Games will join SEGA Corp to better form a single division for resource optimization.

This message was fixed and, after exactly 5 minutes, the message was deleted and they never posted anything about it again, it happened in January 2020.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Not wanting to bring empty hopes, but I saw the following message on SEGA's Japanese profile (Twiiter): We are happy to announce that a strategy has been investigated and there are possibilities for profit, so SEGA Games will join SEGA Corp to better form a single division for resource optimization.

This message was fixed and, after exactly 5 minutes, the message was deleted and they never posted anything about it again, it happened in January 2020.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    Hello, Patrick
    Pretty much hahah

The N64 strategy? To have presumptuous mentality to think they could do no wrong? That past success guarantees future success? The N64 was pretty much a failure (despite its sales numbers). It's a testament that later release with better hardware does not necessarily equate to success. Matter of fact, this new trend of upgraded consoles mid gen isn't going away. Sega might have nostalgia, but it doesn't have clout. It doesn't have any sort of credibility that makes the average gamer today, look up and say I want that. I mean what has Sega, now just a software company, even put out that is 'must have' or even talked about? The best way for Sega to "return to the market" is to actually put out some quality top tier softs.

Thread Information