Quantcast

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics. It's always politics

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    It is very likely that the two "health care workers" are actually well known left leaning activists who are associated with a strip club of all things. (Some of the local media folks have been working on this story.) And the photographs were likely staged with a photographer who "just happened to be there" (Actually they apparently knew each other before this staged "event". (Said photographer also, it just so happens, apparently made a good chunk of change selling that picture to Reuters.)

(According to the eyewitnesses I heard talk about the incident, that actually occurred at a traffic light (the crosswalks are a dead giveaway here) and the vehicle was stopped because of a red light -not the "health care workers". When the light changed they moved out of the way. By cropping the traffic lights out of the picture, the (false) impression is given that these imposters were "bravely" blocking traffic.)
    So what you're saying, is that basically you have no evidence. Where's the article with people on record, including the girl in the photo? I'm not saying it's not probable, but considering how insanely popular this pic is... there would be an article with evidence exposing it on a national level.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

I never said I was in possession of any proof. If you go here you can sign up (for free) and you can access the podcast for today's Peter Boyles' show - fourth hour - 8:00 which summarizes what they know so far (I suspect there is more to be discovered.)

https://710knus.com/content/all/peter

There are four people working on this:

Peter Boyles and Stefan Tubbs (his show is at 3:00 Denver time - I am sure he will be talking about it today) - both are talk show hosts on KNUS 710.
    Julie Hayden - a long time investigative journalist in the Denver media market.
    Chuck Bonniwell - owner/editor of a local newspaper (The Glendale Cherry Creek Chronicle) - he is married to Julie.

Since I live in the area I know for certain that that intersection (which is on a side street bordering the state Capitol building) does indeed have traditional traffic lights.

They actually have had the women in the SUV on air - and another man (who was apparently in the area on unrelated business) who says he was harassed by these people.

None of the other media reporting this (and the photographer) have stated that they verified these folk were what they were dressed up as - nor were any names gathered to verify anything. (The Denver media is generally notoriously slipshod when it comes to this stuff.) The three people that appeared on KNUS said that no other media has attempted to contact them for their stories. (If I understand it correctly there are other photographs (which show the license plate of the SUV -so it would be easy to find the women at least) - and also of the man that says he was harassed.)

I don't know when the Glendale Cherry Creek Chronicle puts out its editions - I think it is a weekly - so the story will likely be in print then. This is the type of story that the Westwood (another local weekly) will very likely pick up in the near future.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

(According to the eyewitnesses I heard talk about the incident, that actually occurred at a traffic light (the crosswalks are a dead giveaway here) and the vehicle was stopped because of a red light -not the "health care workers". When the light changed they moved out of the way. By cropping the traffic lights out of the picture, the (false) impression is given that these imposters were "bravely" blocking traffic.)
    I have no opinion on their purported identities but your characterization of the pic/photographer makes no sense. There's a traffic light plainly visible, showing that it's green in the other direction, and you can also see that the crosswalk signal is on, for the crosswalk the guy is standing in. So it's pretty clear the truck is stopped at a red light. Also, considering the main protest was called "Operation Gridlock" and consisted of drivers intentionally holding up traffic, I'm not sure how there can possibly be any impression that the pedestrian counterprotestors were blocking traffic.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I think Trump was being sarcastic about the whole disinfectant thing. I mean, I think he was...I dunno, it's hard to tell. I hope people don't take it seriously and start injecting themselves with Dettol.

Antifwhaaa?!?!!? Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Anyone dumb enough to inject disinfectant would be making the world a better place by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    I have no opinion on their purported identities but your characterization of the pic/photographer makes no sense. There's a traffic light plainly visible, showing that it's green in the other direction, and you can also see that the crosswalk signal is on, for the crosswalk the guy is standing in. So it's pretty clear the truck is stopped at a red light. Also, considering the main protest was called "Operation Gridlock" and consisted of drivers intentionally holding up traffic, I'm not sure how there can possibly be any impression that the pedestrian counterprotestors were blocking traffic.
    I was going more off the various videos such as this one - quite frankly I didn't look at that picture very closely:

Look at the initial text description below the video. Here are a couple of headlines that show up on google for me:

"Heroes': Healthcare Workers Stand in Street to Block Right ..."
    "Health care workers block protesters challenging stay-at ..."
    "A Couple Of Badass Nurses Blocked Denver Protesters ..."
    "Nurses' hailed for blocking anti-quar"

Let me know how many you need - there seems to be no shortage of that ilk.

The idea of forcing a gridlock is that the traffic grid around an area (in this case the capitol building) gets clogged with more traffic than the lights/roads can handle. This is achieved not by everyone stopping in the street but by demonstrating .

The video actually (initially) shows " nurse" at the intersection of 12th and Grant. The front view shown of the capitol building is actually Lincoln (which runs parallel to Grant (which is immediately behind the Capitol building) that meets at Colfax (15th Avenue) - the video leaves the impression (which would easily fool anyone that real familiar with the area) that that is where the "nurse" was. Whatever local press was there would have been at Colfax and Lincoln since those two streets are far busier than 12th and Grant. So if you wanted visibility Colfax and Lincoln is where you would stage your little street theater. If on the other hand you wanted to stage a private photo shoot that you could more easily manipulate 12th and Grant would be a much better choice.

"A hero? (laughter)" - Rex Ingram (Genie - 1940 "Thief of Bagdad)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

I was going more off the various videos such as this one - quite frankly I didn't look at that picture very closely:

Look at the initial text description below the video. Here are a couple of headlines that show up on google for me:

"Heroes': Healthcare Workers Stand in Street to Block Right ..."
    "Health care workers block protesters challenging stay-at ..."
    "A Couple Of Badass Nurses Blocked Denver Protesters ..."
    "Nurses' hailed for blocking anti-quar"

Let me know how many you need - there seems to be no shortage of that ilk.

The idea of forcing a gridlock is that the traffic grid around an area (in this case the capitol building) gets clogged with more traffic than the lights/roads can handle. This is achieved not by everyone stopping in the street but by demonstrating .

The video actually (initially) shows " nurse" at the intersection of 12th and Grant. The front view shown of the capitol building is actually Lincoln (which runs parallel to Grant (which is immediately behind the Capitol building) that meets at Colfax (15th Avenue) - the video leaves the impression (which would easily fool anyone that real familiar with the area) that that is where the "nurse" was. Whatever local press was there would have been at Colfax and Lincoln since those two streets are far busier than 12th and Grant. So if you wanted visibility Colfax and Lincoln is where you would stage your little street theater. If on the other hand you wanted to stage a private photo shoot that you could more easily manipulate 12th and Grant would be a much better choice.

"A hero? (laughter)" - Rex Ingram (Genie - 1940 "Thief of Bagdad)
    So what's your slant in this???

@turboxray

I don't have any real feelings on the protest - at some point in time the palliative of locking everything down will no longer be sustainable for various reasons - I am not sure that driving around in circles will do much good since the Democrats control the house, the senate and the governor's office in Colorado. I suppose it will help alleviate the oil glut (whilst annoying AOC) so there is that.

I always find it problematic (to the point of being reprehensible) when people manufacture events (and try to conceal it)
    to push their agenda - if their agenda was strong enough to stand on its own there would be no need for that .
    (I find it even more problematic that most of the media won't look at things in any depth - most likely IMHO because they want to push certain agendas.) That is offset to a certain extent by the internet - but that is very much a double edged sword,

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    Anyone dumb enough to inject disinfectant would be making the world a better place by doing so.
    lol completely agree. They would be Darwin Award winners, that's for sure.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Cops just going fucking ballistic all over the country. Fuck the police.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Could have fooled me. I don't see cops burning anything down, beating random people unconscious, looting everything in sight, and taking potshots at random people for laughs. My local police just say to shoot anybody who's committing a forcible felony, and for the time being, stay at home when it gets dark, unless you're going to or coming home from work. If your job hasn't gone under and has not been burned down.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

1. Wait for tragedy to happen
    2. Ignore reasons behind tragedy (black community being raised by their elders to fear the police and see them as evil instead of something to keep society in check)
    3. Loot expensive shit under the guise of "help i'm being oppressed!"
    4. While looting, listen to a podcast of a black standup comedian joking about how hilarious it is that the black community has such a warped look at law enforcement.
    5. Come home with new big screen tv that you looted.
    6. Our brother has been avenged now that I have this Sony Ultra HD 60" smart tv!

I mean.. clearly the cops are all evil racists who visit klan gatherings in the woods at night, making plans for the total destruction of every non white out there.

Keeping stereotypes alive one burning building at a time!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

So when does the #WINNING start?

Thread Information