Quantcast

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics. It's always politics

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    You're going a little overboard, but I would agree about the generalization Greg2600 is doing. Fucking stupid. Same with the other guy who said fuck the police. SMH. There's nothing rationale about this.
    Bullshit. I'll say it again. Fuck the police and fuck everyone condoning their violence.

edit: To be extra clear before someone goes off, I'm talking USA only. Don't come at me with something about Amsterdam PD.
    Last edited by j_factor; 06-05-2020 at 12:50 PM.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

This cool with you bootlickers? https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...cc97G5b-Db.mp4

With no provocation Buffalo cops shoved an elderly man to the ground, hitting his head on the concrete, likely giving him a skull fracture. Another cop briefly motions towards attending to him, and a third cop pulls him away. As the man lies motionless on the sidewalk bleeding out of his ears, like two dozen cops walk by indifferently.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Here’s what the video shows:

Elderly man approaches line of cops in riot gear and appears to try to reason with them, gesturing (I’m assuming) towards their batons, guns, and/or tasers.

Another cop pushes him back in a “STAND ASIDE, SIR” kind of motion.

The man stumbles back several steps, trips, and falls backwards.

Another cop immediately crouches down to attend to him, but is pulled to his feet by another officer, probably because they are not supposed to break the line.

The cops continue in their line towards what I’m assuming is a large gathering of people (the camera doesn’t actually show us).

Several soldiers behind the row of police officers huddle down over the elderly man, and the video ends.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Bullshit. I'll say it again. Fuck the police and fuck everyone condoning their violence.

edit: To be extra clear before someone goes off, I'm talking USA only. Don't come at me with something about Amsterdam PD.
    Generalizing again. Some of you are just flat out immature.

Do you even know what the word "generalizing" means? There is no statement in that post that contains a generalization. "Fuck the police" as an expression of a person's personal sentiments. ACAB is generalizing, but I didn't say ACAB.

Do you even know what the word "generalizing" means? There is no statement in that post that contains a generalization. "Fuck the police" as an expression of a person's personal sentiments. ACAB is generalizing, but I didn't say ACAB.
    Spare me your "personal sentiments". You're generalizing that every cop is evil. They're not. And the same can be said with blacks. Not all of them are bad people. You're not being level-headed about it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Spare me your "personal sentiments". You're generalizing that every cop is evil. They're not. And the same can be said with blacks. Not all of them are bad people. You're not being level-headed about it.
    Damn.. you can't get enough boot on that tongue, can you.

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Damn.. you can't get enough boot on that tongue, can you.
    Why do you have to act like that? I'll say it again, this is like the religion topic that was shut down a while ago.

Jesus fucking Christ, are you for real???

Do you want to be level headed or not?
    Some people like companies losing jobs.

Would the same acceptance be given if one said "F the blacks and f everyone condoning their violence?" My guess is no.

Edit: Personally, I find it absurd how one group is a protected class to the point where any negativity (warranted or not) towards them can not be mentioned.

Antifwhaaa?!?!!? Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Edit: Personally, I find it absurd how one group is a protected class to the point where any negativity (warranted or not) towards them can not be mentioned.
    Are you referring to black people or cops with this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    Are you referring to black people or cops with this statement?
    Based on this entire discussion I'd have to amend my comments to remove any ambiguity and say both. It seems one must either love them or hate them and there lacks an in between.

Edit: The response to any sort of negativity places you in one category. Mention blacks and crime and you are a racist. Call out police on the wrongs and you hate cops. It's an endless circle.

Again, you're making a false equivalency. Protesters are the OPPOSITE of what the cops are. They're not a hierarchical organization, just a random collection of people. There is no protester war room where they plan to kill someone or burn something, and there isn't an organizational scheme to cover it up. You can't treat them the same as the police. If someone is caught or recorded committing violence or vandalism, they're arrested and charged. With cops, practically the entire country has to lose its shit for something to happen. The "there are good and bad apples" argument shouldn't apply to cops because we can't afford to have ANY bad apples among those with guns and the state authority to detain and incarcerate citizenry. There are jobs that simply cannot allow "bad apples." Would you fly if the flight attendant told you that most pilots are good and only a few bad apples like to crash into mountains?

Also, watching at least 20 "good" cops just walk by that man as he bled onto the sidewalk shows that the problem of police violence is systemic. For every bad apple, there are dozens that turn a blind eye or even cover it up. You shouldn't have to gather by the thousands and DEMAND that the law be applied to those who abuse it. Could you imagine if you had to do that if a surgeon killed someone through malpractice or if a teacher abused a student? Shit, the mayor and governor of NY went on TV and said tear gas wasn't used against protesters despite multiple eyewitness accounts -including one government official - and videos of exactly that happening.

There isn't any organization with the protestors nor rioters? I'm supposed to believe such nonsense?

The "good and bad apples" applies anytime the human condition is present and it is present in the police.

I wouldn't fly even if every plane was piloted by a non emotional flawless computer but even so, pilots are fallible with or without being told.

We can take an action by police and cover each one with the same broad brush yet can't do the same with rioters or protestors ? At times police were injured during these protests and those involved did nothing to help but something tells me painting them all will be met with resistance. Why? The goalposts seem to be moved at will depending on who is involved. Emotion(s) is the problem. You don't charge someone because of your feelings. Certain requirements and standards need to be achieved and just because a cop does something you don't like doesn't automatically mean he/she violated laws but that goes for everyone. For the record, they aren't my favorite people. IDK if the four officers would have been charged if people didn't trash Minneapolis but looking at the A.G. I would think so. Still, the charges brought seem hinged on emotion and nothing else. I don't believe for one second the main police officer will be convicted of 2nd degree murder. The other guys? Lets just say the city should prepare for more destruction.

Thread Information