Quantcast

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 313

Thread: Politics. It's always politics

  1. #256
    Hero of Algol TrekkiesUnite118's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,155
    Rep Power
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Okay, so literally in the same post you say Trump isn't reducing legal immigration, and then going point by point you tell me actually it's good that Trump is restricting legal immigration in X, Y, and Z ways. Make up your mind.
    I think you need to go read things more carefully. I was pointing out that what you were bringing up isn't the same as being completely against legal immigration and he's certainly not going after legal immigrants.

    Example 1: "He's revoked thousands of legal immigrants legal status!"

    If you're referring to naturalized citizens that can only happen if they committed fraud in their naturalization process. And even then it needs to go to court. If you're talking about Visa's, well that's a different matter that I'll discuss later. So if it's naturalized citizens you're referring to, then it's the ones that committed fraud, which in that case there's a simple solution to that. Don't commit fraud in your naturalization process.

    Example 2: "He's decimated refugee resettlement!"

    That's not really in the same boat as legal immigration. Refugee's are a completely different kind of issue. And when you look at what it's doing to Europe right now I'd much rather have someone looking at it with a bit more scrutiny.

    Example 3: "He's cut work visas!"


    Again because they were being abused by companies to exploit the fact they could hire immigrants cheaper than it would cost to hire similarly qualified US Citizens. It's not because he hates immigrants, it's because he want's companies to hire the people here in this country who need jobs first. Those kind of programs were intended to fill holes where there was no one qualified for specialized positions in the country. They weren't intended to provide a cheaper labor alternative to companies.

    Example 4: "He's bottlenecked legal ports of entry!"


    Because legal ports of entry also get used by illegal immigrants. If you want to crack down on illegal immigration you need to take a closer look everywhere they can come in. That's going to slow down legal immigration unfortunately.

    You've basically taken 4 very different issues and tried to conflate them all under the banner of "Trump hates immigrants!" and that's just being dishonest.

  2. #257
    Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    So what do we all think will happen after the recent US airstrike in Iraq that killed top Iranian general Qassam Soleimani? Did President Trump make the right call? How will Iran respond and, more importantly, do we think that this will lead to another major war in the Middle East?
    I wanna answer this properly, but it'd be pushing the political correctness-metre.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

  3. #258
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    I wanna answer this properly, but it'd be pushing the political correctness-metre.
    I've sorta let this thread get unshackled so feel free to comment as you'd like. As long as it doesn't reach into personal insult levels, I'll allow it.
    05/05/15

  4. #259
    Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,311
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Did you ban CrystalPepsiFan?

    Edit: never mind sorry I see he's still active on here.
    Last edited by Dirt Ball Gamer; 02-09-2020 at 01:05 AM.

  5. #260
    AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    One good thing about the dog and pony show that recently closed, is that it pushed a great many rational people away from the extremist fringes. The Overton window continues to shift.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

  6. #261
    Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,083
    Rep Power
    82

    Default

    Democrats are pandering to the protest bums. The young people who never worked, don't own anything, yet want everything given to them for free at someone else's expense. Oblivious on how to balance a budget or keep an economy going.


    I don't like Donald Trump. I also don't like Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, AOC, and half the talking heads that represent "Democrat" opinion on CNN/MSNBC. I'm not American though, but you people are frothing at the mouth to argue over each other rather than talk, and it's a 24/7 thing in your broadcasting. That is not normal at all.

    The worst thing for me is how Canada is now becoming totally fucking retarded-left under Blackface wearing constant apologist Trudeau, a drama queen who spends millions of dollars of taxpayer money and just flies around the world, vacationing with dictators, admiring communists, telling the Europeans one thing while lying domestically and trying to put everyone here on welfare and government dependence. "Investing" in Canada, growing our economy and booming it; all propped up on government spending because he already spooked away 9/10th's of the private sector. The remaining only sticking around for corporate welfare. He literally set up a taxpayer purse, a slush fund to give grants to journalists that aren't "fake news", and it's basically shoring up a "state owned media" agenda that pays people who do favors for his political party. Nobody bats an eye though. It's all fucking hubris. He laughs at the poor, jumps into a crisis to dig holes and hold up sandbagging just for a selfie opportunity. The guy is considered a joke to most of the country.

    He's promsing to spend our own money on giving us free drug coverage, which Canadians don't have. 40 years in the making. I'm sure he'll kick that can, while his "young" crew of fanboys try to shape up "Universal Basic Income" as a magically affordable "great idea."

    The older I get, the more I realize that liberals are fucking stupid and they want to bankrupt us.

  7. #262
    Master of Shinobi JCU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Projecting? Moi? Nope, I'm just very happy for the isolationist, 'America First' nationalist policy that Trump is advocating. I want us over here in the UK to do the same, and Brexit is the first step to realising that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    You do realize, as a gay man, you will never have a seat at the table with the same nationalists whose beliefs you share, right? "America first" was a slogan originally coined by the KKK, btw.
    Does that mean I'm required to put Bowsley on ignore or ostracize him now or how does that work? The memo was not delivered to me telling me they don't have a seat. I'm in the dark!

  8. #263
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    Did you ban CrystalPepsiFan?

    Edit: never mind sorry I see he's still active on here.
    No I hadn't I keep thinking he's trying to get me to do it for him but maybe I'm giving him too much credit. lol
    05/05/15

  9. #264
    I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    9,294
    Rep Power
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    I think you need to go read things more carefully. I was pointing out that what you were bringing up isn't the same as being completely against legal immigration and he's certainly not going after legal immigrants.

    Example 1: "He's revoked thousands of legal immigrants legal status!"

    If you're referring to naturalized citizens that can only happen if they committed fraud in their naturalization process. And even then it needs to go to court. If you're talking about Visa's, well that's a different matter that I'll discuss later. So if it's naturalized citizens you're referring to, then it's the ones that committed fraud, which in that case there's a simple solution to that. Don't commit fraud in your naturalization process.

    Example 2: "He's decimated refugee resettlement!"

    That's not really in the same boat as legal immigration. Refugee's are a completely different kind of issue. And when you look at what it's doing to Europe right now I'd much rather have someone looking at it with a bit more scrutiny.

    Example 3: "He's cut work visas!"


    Again because they were being abused by companies to exploit the fact they could hire immigrants cheaper than it would cost to hire similarly qualified US Citizens. It's not because he hates immigrants, it's because he want's companies to hire the people here in this country who need jobs first. Those kind of programs were intended to fill holes where there was no one qualified for specialized positions in the country. They weren't intended to provide a cheaper labor alternative to companies.

    Example 4: "He's bottlenecked legal ports of entry!"


    Because legal ports of entry also get used by illegal immigrants. If you want to crack down on illegal immigration you need to take a closer look everywhere they can come in. That's going to slow down legal immigration unfortunately.

    You've basically taken 4 very different issues and tried to conflate them all under the banner of "Trump hates immigrants!" and that's just being dishonest.
    I never said anything like "completely against legal immigration" or that Trump hates immigrants. What I am saying is that the Trump administration has enacted restrictions on legal immigration and proposed more, with the goal of reducing legal immigration. It boggles the mind that you would deny this. Most Republicans I've talked to these days say either that they support groups like FAIR and reducing overall immigration levels, or that they disagree with Trump on that issue. Everything he has done is consistent with this, from the so-called travel ban (some of the banned countries are not restricted from travel visas, only immigration), to the expansion of the "public charge" rule, to revoking Temporary Protected Status for 400k people (turning legal immigrants into illegal immigrants), to sharply reducing the annual target for refugee admissions by over 80% (changing that number has nothing to do with the screening process), to retaining a legitimate white nationalist as senior advisor (that is not hyperbole). He also proposed ending "chain migration", which is a huge part of our legal immigration system. Trump's position on legal immigration is that he wants less of it.


    You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

  10. #265
    Master of Shinobi JCU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    In which direction have the number of immigrants changed since Trump has been in office?

  11. #266
    Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Noviomagus, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,616
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    I have to say I'm really liking Bernie Sanders. The DNC try to fuck him over of course, but I don't think it can be halted. I even wish my country had someone like him. I also like the fact he's older and has been consistent all his life. certainly not a populist.

  12. #267
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,137
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    I have to say I'm really liking Bernie Sanders. The DNC try to fuck him over of course, but I don't think it can be halted. I even wish my country had someone like him. I also like the fact he's older and has been consistent all his life. certainly not a populist.
    I can admire the fact that he's always been consistent with regard his views, but it's precisely his views that make him an anathema to me. Regardless Sanders has next to no chance of beating Trump. It's not his fault either, because none of the Democrat candidates have a hope in hell against Trump.

  13. #268
    Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Noviomagus, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,616
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I can admire the fact that he's always been consistent with regard his views, but it's precisely his views that make him an anathema to me. Regardless Sanders has next to no chance of beating Trump. It's not his fault either, because none of the Democrat candidates have a hope in hell against Trump.
    oh sanders will easily beat trump. sanders isn't a populist, but his policies are very popular and everyone is tired of trump. Even in the more red states like texas and florida I can easily see bernie sanders win.

  14. #269
    Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    10,318
    Rep Power
    131

    Default

    ^
    ...says one non-American to another...

  15. #270

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •