Quantcast

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics. It's always politics

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Does CNN only exist to attack Trump?

So I flick between news channels on our local DSTV satellite bouquet: Sky, BBC, RT, AlJazeera, etc
    All loaded with propaganda, but CNN really takes the cake.

In the past I would see Trump waffling on about fake news bla bla bla, and roll my eyes.
    But of late I've being paying a little more attention to CNN.

This morning CNN attacks Trump on his comments about Sweden - but then swing to Sweden and show stats giving a higher death rate per capita than the USA.

Yesterday evening they attack Trunp on his comments on China - but later confirm the immediate China travel ban and the Chinese govt suppressing data out of China.

It now appears the sole purpose of CNN's existence is to try undermine Trump - getting proper news to the nation has clearly fallen by the wayside.

If Trump and his wig went up in a ball of flames, I would probably be one of the first to grab a stick and reach for the marshmallows, but the lies and hypocrisy coming out of CNN is quite something to behold.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Trump and the CNNs of the world are more like frenemies. They mutually benefit from hating on each other. For the media, Trump is good for ratings. And for Trump, "the media is against me" is a necessary part of his appeal. They don't like to admit it but some of these people are often friendly towards Trump (and vice-versa) when they're in private. That's not to say it's all for show... but most of it is. CNN in particular, they know that if Trump wasn't president, they'd have fewer viewers. They need the liberal boomers to be all riled up. Nobody under 40 watches CNN.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Not sure how Bernie is consider to be a celebrity, though. I never heard of the guy until the 2016 primaries. I think his ideas, and his messages, however "radical" just resonated with a lot of people.
    Depends where you go. On some college campuses Bernie has had rock star status for the past 20 years, especially when he announced his Senate run in 2005. He's had an extremely loyal following, albeit from a minority of Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Trump and the CNNs of the world are more like frenemies. They mutually benefit from hating on each other. For the media, Trump is good for ratings. And for Trump, "the media is against me" is a necessary part of his appeal. They don't like to admit it but some of these people are often friendly towards Trump (and vice-versa) when they're in private. That's not to say it's all for show... but most of it is. CNN in particular, they know that if Trump wasn't president, they'd have fewer viewers. They need the liberal boomers to be all riled up. Nobody under 40 watches CNN.
    I couldn't agree more with this paragraph, this is exactly what's happening.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

lol I get it, Trump seems to drive a lot of people crazy. Some of the hatred of him is rational and driven by ideology, but a hell of a lot of it is totally irrational and driven by...by, well, I don't know what. I'm not a psychologist. I bet Jordan Peterson could explain it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    lol I get it, Trump seems to drive a lot of people crazy. Some of the hatred of him is rational and driven by ideology, but a hell of a lot of it is totally irrational and driven by...by, well, I don't know what. I'm not a psychologist. I bet Jordan Peterson could explain it though.
    He's been a crook for 50 years, and has spent 4 years shitting on the Constitution, that's not enough? It's not ideology because he doesn't have an ideology, he's an egomaniac who makes irrational decisions constantly.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    He's been a crook for 50 years, and has spent 4 years shitting on the Constitution, that's not enough? It's not ideology because he doesn't have an ideology, he's an egomaniac who makes irrational decisions constantly.
    Curious what part of the Constitution you think he's shit on. Right now we are lacking our basic right to freedom of assembly but that's been the decision of governors not Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    CNN is what can be looked upon as the television media version of a tabloid outlet like the National Inquirer or Daily Mirror or TMZ. The network isn't any better than others which it tries to say are different.

https://digg.com/2020/watch-this-sta...lthcare-worker

Well it came to this today, ER nurses counterprotesting against the MAGA buffoons. You had SOME folks there who legit lost their livelihoods, and have been screwed thanks to Trump's disaster small business loan program, which was gobbled up by chain stores. But it was mostly MAGA idiots screaming abortion kills more than coronavirus. Trump is not a leader, he's a divider who only cares about himself.

Last edited by Greg2600; 04-20-2020 at 12:44 AM.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...in-2016-198171
    The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday reaffirmed its support for the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election with the goal of putting Donald Trump in the Oval Office.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Of course our intelligence assessment was accurate. Putin did whatever he could to elect Trump, and will do it again.

Here's another one, he laughed about Mitt Romney potentially being exposed to coronavirus, yet shows actual empathy to a murderous dictator.

https://twitter.com/markknoller/stat...32213675921408
    Pres Trump says he doesn't know if the reports about Kim Jong Un recovering from unspecified surgery are true. "I just hope he's doing fine," said Trump. "I'd like to see him be well."

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I've had some heated disagreements in here and elsewhere with folk with regard politics, and I just want to say that, putting our differences to one side, I genuinely hope you're all well and coping through this very difficult time. Thinking of you all. x

She don't want no scrubs
    A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from her
    She's hangin' out the passenger side of her best friend's ride
    Trying to holla at him(Whoo)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Stone cold moron. Putting light in your body or injecting disinfectants to kill the virus is Trump's advice. https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...56876898906112

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Arrow

Reading this is just a huge nothing burger. They're at the point of just making shit up with no proof. You'd think after the Muller report along with the impeachment bullshit they'd realize by now that they're not fooling anyone with this shit anymore.
    05/05/15

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

https://digg.com/2020/watch-this-sta...lthcare-worker

Well it came to this today, ER nurses counterprotesting against the MAGA buffoons. You had SOME folks there who legit lost their livelihoods, and have been screwed thanks to Trump's disaster small business loan program, which was gobbled up by chain stores. But it was mostly MAGA idiots screaming abortion kills more than coronavirus. Trump is not a leader, he's a divider who only cares about himself.

It is very likely that the two "health care workers" are actually well known left leaning activists who are associated with a strip club of all things. (Some of the local media folks have been working on this story.) And the photographs were likely staged with a photographer who "just happened to be there" (Actually they apparently knew each other before this staged "event". (Said photographer also, it just so happens, apparently made a good chunk of change selling that picture to Reuters.)

(According to the eyewitnesses I heard talk about the incident, that actually occurred at a traffic light (the crosswalks are a dead giveaway here) and the vehicle was stopped because of a red light -not the "health care workers". When the light changed they moved out of the way. By cropping the traffic lights out of the picture, the (false) impression is given that these imposters were "bravely" blocking traffic.)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; 04-24-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Thread Information