Quantcast

Thread: Sega Mega CD Bios hack with modified graphics possible?

Death Adder's minion

Sega CD Sega Mega CD Bios hack with modified graphics possible?

Does anyone know if hacks of the Sega Mega CD Bios exist that are using different graphics?

I was just thinking about that when watching the US Sega CD BIOS 2.0 with the odd looking SEGA Logo where the inner white lines are not in the middle of the E and A chars.

As some of the talented guys here have modified graphics in different games - would this in general be possible for the Mega CD Bios to fix the odd looking Sega logo or even exchange the whole graphics?
    Last edited by Rockadoodle; 11-01-2019 at 04:13 PM.

I haven't looked into it nor do I plan to, but as long as you can replace the firmware somehow (either modchip or flashcart, assuming real hardware rather than emulation) it should be possible. The program that shows that screen is internally separate from the BIOS blob, even (so messing with the graphics shouldn't risk messing with the BIOS itself, which the games need).

The bigger problem would be spending time figuring out where it's stored and probably dealing with compression :​P (which is likely Kosinski, if anybody cares)

Death Adder's minion

Thanks for the explanation. It seems technically too advanced for me to simply play around with it.

Thread Information