Quantcast

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Xbox Series X (Official Thread)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Xb

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Xbox sucked this generation. Horrible UI, controller that was a step back from the 360's (IMO), and above all, the exclusive games just didn't interest me. And slightly off-topic, but fuck UWP apps in general and the MS Store.

Haven't powered on my Xbone in over two years, and that's sad, because I loved the original Xbox and 360.
    My formal disagree but respect your opinion on the controller. I feel it's their best yet. Comfier and a proper D-pad. I like it just over the Switch Pro controller which I feel is great. Sony for the first time ever has a good controller as well. First time I feel all 3 had a good controller. That said I agree about the system as a whole. Bad UI. Lacking killer games Xbox and 360 had. Like you, I loved those systems. I'd love to see Series X be like 360 again in Japanese support and a good UI (few pages back posted a concept of a new blades UI) I don't see much changing under Spencer tho.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Wonder Boy's Avatar

I loved the Xbox and 360 like you guys, but the Xbone simply didn't appeal to me. I was going to avoid the eighth gen altogether and stick with PC until a friend/coworker convinced me to buy a PS4 for Destiny 2 (which was a mistake lol). Now that I have the PS4 though I enjoy it but it just gives me even less of a reason to get an Xbox One.

I might have gotten one for the localized PSO2 if it was exclusive, but I'll just wait for the PC version.

Rumors seem positive for the Series X, I hope it does better.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Xbox sucked this generation. Horrible UI, controller that was a step back from the 360's (IMO), and above all, the exclusive games just didn't interest me. And slightly off-topic, but fuck UWP apps in general and the MS Store.

Haven't powered on my Xbone in over two years, and that's sad, because I loved the original Xbox and 360.
    It's been a weak lineup. Just wait for TA to tell you you're not a real fan because of it.

Stack years of Gold, convert it to Game Pass Ultimate for a few bucks, sit back and watch them give away everything to console and PC leading up to Series X.

Halo Infinite needs to be extremely good.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Maybe Halo Infinite will make me eat crow but Halo at this point only appeals to Halo fans much like Gears. They peaked in the 360 era. Gears tried to appeal to more with a semi-open world but the problem is, it's still a waist-high TPS which has fallen out of favor in modern games. Doom is the more modern style of shooter. (If TA or anyone tries to counter with VanQuish..if you play that game as a cover shooter, you're playing it wrong) Then your battle royal games which the kids all love. They don't seem to be growing many new fans. Halo Infinite needs to do more than just be a larger field to run around on. Many games do that with mixed results.

The mega hype around these series peaked in 2007 (Halo)/2011(gears). They just seem to release now without a lot of fanfare and appeal to existing fans which is still enough. Far from the blockbusters they once were. MS won't even report on sales. Gears 5 had 3 million players it's launch month but not 3 million sold. It sold really badly at retail at launch so kinda shows just making something larger isn't enough on it's own if the rest feels the same.
    Last edited by SegataS; 02-17-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Thread Information