Quantcast

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X (Official Thread)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Xb

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Xbox sucked this generation. Horrible UI, controller that was a step back from the 360's (IMO), and above all, the exclusive games just didn't interest me. And slightly off-topic, but fuck UWP apps in general and the MS Store.

Haven't powered on my Xbone in over two years, and that's sad, because I loved the original Xbox and 360.
    My formal disagree but respect your opinion on the controller. I feel it's their best yet. Comfier and a proper D-pad. I like it just over the Switch Pro controller which I feel is great. Sony for the first time ever has a good controller as well. First time I feel all 3 had a good controller. That said I agree about the system as a whole. Bad UI. Lacking killer games Xbox and 360 had. Like you, I loved those systems. I'd love to see Series X be like 360 again in Japanese support and a good UI (few pages back posted a concept of a new blades UI) I don't see much changing under Spencer tho.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Wonder Boy's Avatar

I loved the Xbox and 360 like you guys, but the Xbone simply didn't appeal to me. I was going to avoid the eighth gen altogether and stick with PC until a friend/coworker convinced me to buy a PS4 for Destiny 2 (which was a mistake lol). Now that I have the PS4 though I enjoy it but it just gives me even less of a reason to get an Xbox One.

I might have gotten one for the localized PSO2 if it was exclusive, but I'll just wait for the PC version.

Rumors seem positive for the Series X, I hope it does better.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Xbox sucked this generation. Horrible UI, controller that was a step back from the 360's (IMO), and above all, the exclusive games just didn't interest me. And slightly off-topic, but fuck UWP apps in general and the MS Store.

Haven't powered on my Xbone in over two years, and that's sad, because I loved the original Xbox and 360.
    It's been a weak lineup. Just wait for TA to tell you you're not a real fan because of it.

Stack years of Gold, convert it to Game Pass Ultimate for a few bucks, sit back and watch them give away everything to console and PC leading up to Series X.

Halo Infinite needs to be extremely good.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Maybe Halo Infinite will make me eat crow but Halo at this point only appeals to Halo fans much like Gears. They peaked in the 360 era. Gears tried to appeal to more with a semi-open world but the problem is, it's still a waist-high TPS which has fallen out of favor in modern games. Doom is the more modern style of shooter. (If TA or anyone tries to counter with VanQuish..if you play that game as a cover shooter, you're playing it wrong) Then your battle royal games which the kids all love. They don't seem to be growing many new fans. Halo Infinite needs to do more than just be a larger field to run around on. Many games do that with mixed results.

The mega hype around these series peaked in 2007 (Halo)/2011(gears). They just seem to release now without a lot of fanfare and appeal to existing fans which is still enough. Far from the blockbusters they once were. MS won't even report on sales. Gears 5 had 3 million players it's launch month but not 3 million sold. It sold really badly at retail at launch so kinda shows just making something larger isn't enough on it's own if the rest feels the same.
    Last edited by Leynos; 02-17-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    It's been a weak lineup. Just wait for TA to tell you you're not a real fan because of it.
    Too true, It's amazing how so many so-called fans seem to give up on a console brand, after one console; That said, one saw the same with Mega Drive and SEGA before everyone sold out to SONY.
    Some fans stick with their fav, through the good times and the bad times . Not that I think the Xbox One line up is that bad at all. There weren't that many exclusives on the 360 that interested me much and the some of the best ones, came out on the PS3 like with Ninja Gaiden II, Lost Planet and Mass Effect.

And GamePass is one of the best things to come out of this Generation. BTW, I'm not sure if you or The Jackal are in the Insider programme, But the new Dash is clutter-free and very fast, not that the dash was that fast on the 360 mind (after like the 3rd update)
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Doom is the more modern style of shooter. (If TA or anyone tries to counter with VanQuish..if you play that game as a cover shooter, you're playing it wrong) Then your battle royal games which the kids all love. They don't seem to be growing many new fans. Halo Infinite needs to do more than just be a larger field to run around on. Many games do that with mixed results.
    Doom is an FPS, which many make out had meant to have their day. Halo Infinite needs to sort out the single-player mode, that was what was wrong with Halo V. The firefights, the AI, the Multiplayer, the Squad commands, The frame rate and sound effects were all nailed. But for most of the game, you didn't play as Master Cheif in the single-player mode and had that forced 4 player mode. That was the bad move that needs to be fixed.

Also, One of my biggest faults with SEGA was they never looked to follow on with their IP to their new systems, its what a platform holder must do IMO; Make the sequels to classic fan fav IP, while also making new stuff.
    And 3rd Person shooters have hardly had their day and IMO Gear's IV was the best entry in the series.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post

The whole "allowing" of personal insults I would have moderated on but you keep using that as an excuse to justify what you've done in this & many threads.
    That's not fair and not constant and it's over the ban actually that was fair enough and was over a separate issue. You gave me an infraction for just implying (not calling) someone would be an idiot: for not following their own advice on adding people to the Ignore list
    So far in this thread alone, I've been called retarded , dickhead, dumb fuck And I bet no infractions?. You also single me out for being negative on parts of SEGA or the look of Panzer. Yet people here, can say SEGA is dead, Np issues, can be negative on the Xbox or current gaming in general and no issues from you. Don't patronize me over facts, when we all get stuff wrong and other people facts can be way off the mark

You seem to almost enjoy singling me out, allowing other members to make fun of me, allow other members to go off-topic, be negative, you know everything you seem to single me out for.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Longwinded dramatic nonsense.

I bet you're a regular at Resetera.

Nobody hates you, because you aren't important enough to hate in general. You lay out stupid, untrue bullshit and imply what other people are thinking. Then you retreat when confronted about it, to cry like a victim. Whining about moderation now. Like, are you that much of a melting snow flake? Do you think I haven't had infractions here? Get over yourself. Cry baby. Nobody cares.
    Last edited by Knuckle Duster; 02-21-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    Longwinded dramatic nonsense.

I bet you're a regular at Resetera.

Nobody hates you, because you aren't important enough to hate in general. You lay out stupid, untrue bullshit and imply what other people are thinking. Then you retreat when confronted about it, to cry like a victim. Whining about moderation now. Like, are you that much of a melting snow flake? Do you think I haven't had infractions here? Get over yourself. Cry baby. Nobody cares.
    In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic and not being 'really serious' Hate is strong word, but there seem's to be some double standards . I don't cry about anything, I debate and look to somtimes back it up.
    Listen to some Windows is dead and nobody care's.

Please explain this

Windows original equipment manufacturer licensing (“Windows OEM”) revenue increased 4%.
    Windows Commercial revenue increased 14%

Windows revenue increased $877 million or 4%, driven by growth in Windows Commercial and Windows OEM, offset in part by a decline in patent licensing.
    Patent Licensing, the irony. Also not bad for a OS that MS doesn't make a 'dime' off. So call me all you want, only children call people nasty names.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic and not being 'really serious' Hate is strong word, but there seem's to be some double standards . I don't cry about anything, I debate and look to somtimes back it up.
    Nobody noticed, because you are an obfuscated source of ridiculous statements and drama, and you don't even convey english properly.

Please explain this
    Explaining things to you has been happening this entire time. You just refuse to listen to anybody. There is a tolerance at work to understand half the shit you post.

How does Windows OEM licensing matter at all, while you claim Direct X makes Microsoft "BILLIONS" on PC gaming, or imply it is even enough to mitigate the argument basis that Xbox as a console isn't losing anything, or isn't totally weak this generation?

You're literally arguing with yourself on a point that Windows doesn't make money. Meanwhile, we're all pointing out it's an increasingly smaller, less significant part of the company's future.

Patent licensing is literally their bread and butter for the future, with Azure Sphere. I've said as much. You're just an idiot who refuses to not have the last word on whatever the fuck you're talking about.
    Last edited by Knuckle Duster; 02-21-2020 at 09:25 AM.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

That was a horrible attempt at sarcasm. Just sayin’.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Outrunner

*People explain things to TA.

TA goes "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" and continues posting stupid crap.*

TA you call people fanboys and say silly things then act like the very thing you accuse people of doing. I'm not an angel either but when people have pointed out some stuff, even if a little jarred at first. I try to correct that mistake when I can. I quit posting wild stuff in the politics thread. Quit griping about off-topic. Tried to curb my attitude to be more chill. I'm sure there are a few other issues to work on. We all do. Dunno if anyone has noticed but if not fine. Making an effort anyway. Succeed or fail, at least make an effort dude. No one hates you, you just go so far over the top. You also like to one-up people a lot even when nothing was said to you. Not everything needs to be so confrontational man. You're passive-aggressive then outright aggressive. It's a bit much and I'm sure like me you are not even aware of it half the time unless pointed out, but when it is. Try to evaluate, please. People only want to come to a forum to chill and hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    TA you call people fanboys and say silly things
    Fanboy is a banter amongst gamers, just like calling a Greenbay fan a Cheese Head. If you really going to make out that calling someone a Nintendo or SEGA fanboy is nasty or hurtful, then that's a lot of people's best friends in trouble, not just on some great YouTube channels.
    There's a vast difference to a direct personal insult to calling someone a fanboy. I've been called a Snes fanboy on this very forum, before your time.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

You just don't fucking get it and you don't want to even try to. So since you don't want to. It's going to keep happening.

Thread Information