Quantcast

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X (Official Thread)

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I got my 360 for Bioshock and Mass Effect.

I picked up a 360 Arcade in 2009 and both it and my Elite have disc drive issues.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

In case any of you didn't think the DDR3 in the Xbone was a handicap...
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

The Xbone was barely doing 1080p in most games. The extra memory bandwidth wouldn't have done much for what was pretty much a 720p GPU in the launch Xbone.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

So Xbox Series X will not have any exclusive games the first 2 years MS claims. I'm kinda mixed on this. It is cool current Xbox One owners get the same games but outside of a resolution bump (? maybe), there does not seem much reason to upgrade. Esp since all Xbox games are on PC. Sony seems they will do a traditional console cycle approach. Exclusives at launch. Rarely are launch games really worth it tho so there is that. (not counting cross-gen exclusives eiher)

Typically I like to wait 2 years anyway. When games start coming out that truly are exclusive and take advantage of new hardware. I just wonder if this will hurt Series X sales somewhat.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    So Xbox Series X will not have any exclusive games the first 2 years MS claims. I'm kinda mixed on this. It is cool current Xbox One owners get the same games but outside of a resolution bump (? maybe), there does not seem much reason to upgrade. Esp since all Xbox games are on PC. Sony seems they will do a traditional console cycle approach. Exclusives at launch. Rarely are launch games really worth it tho so there is that. (not counting cross-gen exclusives eiher)

Typically I like to wait 2 years anyway. When games start coming out that truly are exclusive and take advantage of new hardware. I just wonder if this will hurt Series X sales somewhat.
    I think this is a better strategy and one I wish every company would adopt. Support your old hardware as long as you can and let the consumer decide when they want to upgrade. Either way they're buying the games so who cares?

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Came across these images on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/bdsams/status/12...557109253?s=21
    Last edited by Thierry Henry; 01-22-2020 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    So Xbox Series X will not have any exclusive games the first 2 years MS claims.
    I'm almost willing to bet that will only hold true for the 1st year given how long Halo and Forza have been in development I doubt during the game Pre Production and design stage any of that was done with Series X in mind, so its a easy PR sell You can have the same game on 2 different platforms and it looks vastly different and where even if it's the same game with the same gameplay one will see and hear the difference. I loved the Master system but there was no way I was going to play Golden Axe or Ghost N Ghouls on it, when you had the Mega Drive. There was a night and day difference between Forza Horzion II on the Xbox One to the 360 and Fifa just looked so much better on the One.

I do like how it looks like you only have to buy the game once mind and how more importantly all your pads and gaming wheels will work going forward. It was always a pain needing to buy a new racing wheel for the new console.

Can't wait myself. Sold off 250 quid worth of stuff on eBay and put in the works union saving account and she's paying the rest for my Christmas Present 2020
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

I've invested $900 into my PC build, with the addition of an i9-9900K, 1TB NVME drive, 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory and an Asus ROG Maximus Hero XI Wi-Fi motherboard. It'll cover what ever the next Xbox will be, considering that all of it's titles will be available through the MS store. It's also cool to have Game Pass for about $6 a month on PC.

The Howling Wind Force Wildside Expert Kaze Okami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I'm almost willing to bet that will only hold true for the 1st year given how long Halo and Forza have been in development I doubt during the game Pre Production and design stage any of that was done with Series X in mind, so its a easy PR sell You can have the same game on 2 different platforms and it looks vastly different and where even if it's the same game with the same gameplay one will see and hear the difference. I loved the Master system but there was no way I was going to play Golden Axe or Ghost N Ghouls on it, when you had the Mega Drive. There was a night and day difference between Forza Horzion II on the Xbox One to the 360 and Fifa just looked so much better on the One.

I do like how it looks like you only have to buy the game once mind and how more importantly all your pads and gaming wheels will work going forward. It was always a pain needing to buy a new racing wheel for the new console.

Can't wait myself. Sold off 250 quid worth of stuff on eBay and put in the works union saving account and she's paying the rest for my Christmas Present 2020
    Exactly this. I'm also excited about the possibilities for back compat games. With how far 360 and PS3 emulation have come on PC including forcing higher native resolutions and making 30fps capped games run at 60fps. The back compat team have already proven themselves to be wizards on the XB1/X and with power the series X is packing they should be able push it even further compared to this gen. Sadly it looks like the PS5 is just going to run in a downclocked compatibility mode for PS4 games which would likely prevent them from getting any improved performance (except maybe load times).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze Okami View Post
    The back compat team have already proven themselves to be wizards on the XB1/X and with power the series X is packing they should be able push it even further compared to this gen. Sadly it looks like the PS5 is just going to run in a downclocked compatibility mode for PS4 games which would likely prevent them from getting any improved performance (except maybe load times).
    Yeah, I can't wait. The BC programme was so amazing on the One and while I expect every One game to be BC and the 360 and OG Xbox already BC on the One to be fully BC.
    I'm hoping for more 360/OG Xbox titles to be added to the list and how games with a dynamic screen res will look on the series X. Before Halo V was One X patched, one saw a big jump in how the game looked running on the One X
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

I was at a wares store earlier today and saw an ad on their TVs for The Fisherman: Fishing Planet. It's on Xbox One and PS4. I wanted to play some good non-Japanese games that aren't dark gritty blood-and-guts shit, and am a fishing fan, so this looked right up my alley. Besides Sega Bass Fishing for Wii, I don't really have any decent fishing sims to play. That game might get me to buy an Xbox One. I don't have any high-end PCs for the Steam version and would prefer the console one so I could own it.

Nameless One

If the new Xbox doesn't have exclusive new games and all the new games will be available on Windows and older XBoxes, then it's not a new console. It's just a hardware refresh. Just like they have been pumping out every to years.

I wish MS would bring back the Blades. They have not had anything that even resembles a good UI since then on Xbox. Series X it's your turn to return to something like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckidy View Post
    I was at a wares store earlier today and saw an ad on their TVs for The Fisherman: Fishing Planet.
    I downloaded it on Gamepass. It's not bad at all really looks really nice on the One X too
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information