Quantcast

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X (Official Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Ok sorry
    I wasn't being serious..... lol
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Watch your fucking mouth! Goddammit man there are manchildren in this forum who can hear you!
    Sorry Ludwig.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Sorry Ludwig.
    God dammit stop taking it so serious!
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Microsoft said that you can lay it on the side like a normal console. It won't effect it's performance.
    Even then apparently it takes a Mega Drive + Mega CD + 32X combo to surpass its height?

Like… dunno but the problem is that all its sides are large. It's gonna struggle fitting in the shelves of a lot of TV furniture (which is generally spaced for more or less flat devices instead)

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Good design. The One X still looks better though. I just wish we knew the actual specs on both consoles.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Even then apparently it takes a Mega Drive + Mega CD + 32X combo to surpass its height?

Like… dunno but the problem is that all its sides are large. It's gonna struggle fitting in the shelves of a lot of TV furniture (which is generally spaced for more or less flat devices instead)
    It cannot be bigger than the original Xbox.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

It looks like an air filter.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by GameUser-16-32-128 View Post
    It looks like an air filter.
    LOL!! It really does.

I don't get Microsoft. They build a decent enough console, but the marketing department makes some strange choices. Maybe it's supposed to look like one of those monoliths from 2001: A Space Odyssey?

I'm still waiting to figure out what "Series" refers to. I'd guess tiered options, like a budget version and pro version.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Windows central posted these are the rumored specs. They are pretty close to being confirmed.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

WCPO Agent

It sounds good... but isn't that basically the same architecture as the PS5? It will be hilarious if hackers figure out a way to get games from one system running on the other.

This is also why I'm convinced Nintendo will have a major upgrade to the Switch in 2020. I cannot imagine them trying to compete with their current hardware for another year. If nothing else they need to double the RAM, upgrade the GPU and get 4K video output, 4K TVs are becoming very common already.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

It's nonsense to believe that the next gen Xbox will be able to achieve 120 fps @ 4K, when Nvidia's $1,200 RTX 2080 Ti can't even achieve that.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    It sounds good... but isn't that basically the same architecture as the PS5? It will be hilarious if hackers figure out a way to get games from one system running on the other.

This is also why I'm convinced Nintendo will have a major upgrade to the Switch in 2020. I cannot imagine them trying to compete with their current hardware for another year. If nothing else they need to double the RAM, upgrade the GPU and get 4K video output, 4K TVs are becoming very common already.
    PS4 and Xbox One were very similar as well. And no there is no Switch pro coming. All they can upgrade 2 is an X2 chip and it's a marginal difference. There is no Tegra chip Nintendo could use. Anything else Nvidia has is not for mobile use. They are introducing an Ampere chip sometime next year but be too expensive at that time for Nintendo to use. Not tomention it would not be natively BC with current Switch games. Its power level would be roughly a base PS4 or Xbox One. When we hit 2022 then we might see a Switch successor. Right now Nvidia is slimming the current Maxwell chips down to be more efficient and battery saving. Also easier to overclock this way which they have been doing. MK11 takes advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It's nonsense to believe that the next gen Xbox will be able to achieve 120 fps @ 4K, when Nvidia's $1,200 RTX 2080 Ti can't even achieve that.
    It's not nonsense because one simple game will hit it.
    All most all big-budget AAA next-gen games will most run at 60 fps in 4K mind and I'm sure some might even upscale too.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

It's not nonsense because one simple game will hit it.
    All most all big-budget AAA next-gen games will most run at 60 fps in 4K mind and I'm sure some might even upscale too.
    That's pretty naive when even this gen most games don't hit 1080 60FPS to be more "cinematic" as the excuse. Many AAA multiplat games will probably be 30FPS. Bethesda esp will have frame rates in the teens like they always do. Lol Fallout 4 at launch hit 0FPS on Xbox. Was not much better on PS4. Ubisoft has been up and down even this year. Breakpoint is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    That's pretty naive when even this gen most games don't hit 1080 60FPS to be more "cinematic" as the excuse. .
    We're going to see an incredible leap with next-gen CPU's on the Series X and PS 5 so I think we're going to see a lot of games coming in at 60 fps at 4k.
    Even on this gen with the Jaguar CPU, I'm playing Forza 7, Halo 5 in true 4K you then have games like Call of Duty: WW2, DMV V, DOOM, Dirt Rally 2.0, Resident Evil 7, TitanFall 2 at 60 fps and in 4k (with some scaling) on a console.
    They are then quite a few games F1 2019, Madden 19, Battlefield 1, V and Starwars Battlefield 2 too.

So I would expect 4K and 60 fps is what the best developers are going to shoot for.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information