Quantcast

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Why do you care so much? If it's PS4 yeah they update. PS3 is a pain in the ass. I have to go to the PS4. Sign in. Do 2 step. Go to settings. Turn off 2 step. Then I can unplug the HDMI cable then put it in the PS3 then turn on the PS3 then sign in. Aside from HDMI the same for Vita. I said it before that PS3 and PSVita DO NOT SUPPORT 2 STEP! Why go through that when I can just oh I dunno, Just turn the fucking thing on and play because I can. Xbox 360 is wierd about signing in. Don't care enough to fix it. The games play, so good enough.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    IN GENERAL. AS IN USUALLY. NOT ALL. Why is that so hard to understand? Why am I being grilled for no good reason? Seriously what the fuck?

OMG! Dude, you acted like your entire library of games won't need updates to run and that you don't play mainstream games, when I see the likes of DOOM, Madden 19, Madden 18, Marvel's Spiderman, Watchdog's 2, Street Fighter V, Rocket League, Flower (Digital only) and Devil May Cry 5. Don't act like you didn't have to update those Madden titles, because your roster would be totally outdated, or that you only played what was available on the disc for Street Fighter V.

Devil May Cry 5 had to have a patch, because the game (at launch) would crash and burn without it.

https://updatecrazy.com/devil-may-cr...-ps4-released/

There were a lot of games released on last gen, and this gen, that would not run properly, or at all, without an online update/ patch. Don't act like you're some kind of special snow flake that never encountered that. Consoles have been a lot more like PCs, with incomplete games shipped, knowing full well that they would have a patch/download ready, when those games hit retail.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Instead of a long drawn out reason, Why are you so vehemently against any sort of online at all?
    He's not. Little more than trying (and failing) to gesture If he really was so against ONLINE why would he be subscribing to PS+ ?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    He's not. Little more than trying (and failing) to gesture If he really was so against ONLINE why would he be subscribing to PS+ ?
    Fuck off I was not. TA seriously. Fuck off. Jesus christ you masturbate to me don't you. You hate masturbate to me.

@Gamevet. Someone I do respect.

Nice, linking a site with malware. Antivirus flipped out clicking that. No thanks. Ok, Madden is bought used every couple of years for cheap then tossed in the trash after a couple of years. 19 would be an exception I think I did get new but only because the Amazon Prime 20% deal was ending. The case is more useful as an extra. Can't sell them really so I just toss em. I tossed 19's cover and put the disc in an envelope. Case was used to replace a game that USPS was kind enough to crush.

Look at RF gen and will notice they are not listed as part of the collection. Just NFL2k5 on OG Xbox and a couple on N64 for nostalgia, the others are not. I said PS4 updates. Jimminy cricket on a cracker in a snowstorm... I already said that PS4 updates. You are twisting things, man. Most of my PS4 collection isn't AAA. Some are. In general, they are not AAA but smaller budget stuff. They will work fine in 10 years. Maybe Doom won't but it will be ported and remastered a hundred billion times. Not getting Eternal tho as it makes you make an account. To hell with that. Consoles that are older I don't and explained why above. Accept it or don't. One more time. What is listed in RF Generation is the collection. What is listed on PSN Profiles is not. A lot of stuff in there I do not own and the stuff I don't own was PS+ I played for a bit then deleted and never went back. I don't like the GOW series at all. There is some trophies there from a demo on PS3, since I just sometimes try series I dislike to see if this is the one I do like. Just Cause 3 was PS+. Fun for a bit then deleted it. Other examples but you cannot use PSN profiles as examples of what I own, since many of them I don't and some never did. The OLDER consoles however I already explained why THEY don't update. If you took it at I hate all online,well no. I just don't need my 360 or PS3 online.

. Accept it, or don't.

Switch

Why do you care so much? If it's PS4 yeah they update. PS3 is a pain in the ass.
    No it's not that hard to update. Just use the menu and follow the simple UI.

The reason I care so much? It's simple. You came into this mess because of that comment about never updating your stuff which came off as some sort of lopsided purist comment. I was like.... BRUH! when I read that.

Funny enough I'm not subscribed to PS+ or Xbox Pass or w/e it's called even tho people said I should be... lol

@Gamevet: As much as I'd be curious about PSO2, I already decided years ago after FFXI, I'm done with any sort of MMO!

@Segata: Look I'm not trying to be a dick about this whole mess. I like you a lot so take this to heart when I'm telling you, that just updating your hardware or games shouldn't just be something to think that much on. Sonic Mainia for the Switch for example was given a free patch that fixed the framerate issues and it now runs on the Switch at 60FPS capped. I mean why wouldn't you want that buddy?

Older consoles if you hadn't done it in years sometimes do have updates. Even if you never connect it all the time, connect it up once and run an update on it and then just unplug it!

Fuck now I'm gonna play some Sonic Mainia! Got me in the mood for some good shit!
    Last edited by BonusKun; 08-08-2020 at 01:48 AM.
    05/05/15

PS+ I only signed up to back up my saves. I'm unreliable doing it locally. I resentfully also subscribe to NSO for the same reason. Bonus. You cannot go online with PS3 if you have 2 step verification turned on unless I turn it off in PS4. That is a pain to do every time I want to turn on PS3. The PS3 will not sign in. So I just don't bother.

Once again. My PS4 and Switch DO update. Those updates all the time. I manually check games on Switch a lot.

There's no work-around to deal with that for the PS3?

Also secretly I don't think TA hates you. I think he really likes you. A lot.
    05/05/15

All I know to do is to manually turn it off in PS4. Not comfortable having it off tho. Way too paranoid about that since the reason I have it in the first place is someone was able to get my account info. Since then, turned on 2 step. Changed the password and changed my PSN name. They didn't get any CC info tho as I don't store that info on consoles. A couple of months ago, a lot of people's info got hacked on Nintendo's database. I had someone sign in from Russia. Thankfully Nintendo now has 2 steps. Tho in typical Nintendo fashion makes it the most annoying kind. You have to open a specific app and enter the number within 10 seconds or it resets.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Fuck off I was not. TA seriously. Fuck off. Jesus christ you masturbate to me don't you. You hate masturbate to me.

@Gamevet. Someone I do respect.

Nice, linking a site with malware. Antivirus flipped out clicking that. No thanks. Ok, Madden is bought used every couple of years for cheap then tossed in the trash after a couple of years. 19 would be an exception I think I did get new but only because the Amazon Prime 20% deal was ending. The case is more useful as an extra. Can't sell them really so I just toss em. I tossed 19's cover and put the disc in an envelope. Case was used to replace a game that USPS was kind enough to crush.

Look at RF gen and will notice they are not listed as part of the collection. Just NFL2k5 on OG Xbox and a couple on N64 for nostalgia, the others are not. I said PS4 updates. Jimminy cricket on a cracker in a snowstorm... I already said that PS4 updates. You are twisting things, man. Most of my PS4 collection isn't AAA. Some are. In general, they are not AAA but smaller budget stuff. They will work fine in 10 years. Maybe Doom won't but it will be ported and remastered a hundred billion times. Not getting Eternal tho as it makes you make an account. To hell with that. Consoles that are older I don't and explained why above. Accept it or don't. One more time. What is listed in RF Generation is the collection. What is listed on PSN Profiles is not. A lot of stuff in there I do not own and the stuff I don't own was PS+ I played for a bit then deleted and never went back. I don't like the GOW series at all. There is some trophies there from a demo on PS3, since I just sometimes try series I dislike to see if this is the one I do like. Just Cause 3 was PS+. Fun for a bit then deleted it. Other examples but you cannot use PSN profiles as examples of what I own, since many of them I don't and some never did. The OLDER consoles however I already explained why THEY don't update. If you took it at I hate all online,well no. I just don't need my 360 or PS3 online.

. Accept it, or don't.
    What version of Windows are you running?

Your experience may be a lot different than others, but there are a lot of games on PS3, PS4, Wii U, Switch, 360, PSP and Xbox One, that will require updates before they will run properly, or at all. Consoles have become more like PC, with required software and firmware updates to run. There's no denying those facts. A physical copy doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have to have an online connection for it to be able to function. I'm almost absolutely sure that you would not be able to run Gran Turismo 6, without a connection to Sony's servers, even though the online play has already been discontinued. I'm pretty sure that Sony will eventually kill off those update files, within the next 5 to ten years, and the disc will be nothing more than a nice looking drink coaster, for anyone that hasn't already installed the game on their PS3.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

My SEGA Semen is far too good, to be wasted on you. And no one believes you that the only reason you're on PS+ is to back up your saves, remember that the next time you look to link the likes of your PSN profile in your signature *rollseyes*
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

My SEGA Semen is far too good, to be wasted on you. And no one believes you that the only reason you're on PS+ is to back up your saves, remember that the next time you look to link the likes of your PSN profile in your signature *rollseyes*
    You and your Xbox cumrag can believe what you want. Don't roll them back too far TA or you'll see an empty space.

You and your Xbox cumrag can believe what you want.
    I don't shoot outside anymore, just inside women these days.
    Also, Xbox doesn't charge to uploads saves and there's no size limit either. Well done Xbox.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I don't shoot outside anymore, just inside women these days.
    Also, Xbox doesn't charge to uploads saves and there's no size limit either. Well done Xbox.
    Please stop sending these videos of you in my DMs.

Before Bonus posts what Savior has to say.

Yeah Sorry. I'm done with him. He's on ignore. If you feel the need to put me in timeout. I get it. Just sick of him really always riding my ass like a stalker.

ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar

Well, uhh... I have no issues with 2FA on my PS3. But then again I have no PS4.
    You create a device specific password in the security tab and that should be it?

Thread Information