Quantcast

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You can't complain about fanboysim when DF isn't being anything but.

The Dreamcast fansite that was UK Resistance would tell you a different story, back in the day; Eurogamer have been big fans of SONY and need to be given that's the base they make the most dosh from.

Alex is very fair I quite like him, but John pandering to the SONY audience is clear and very obvious and let me give a few clear examples. John said on the reveal of the Series X he'll have issues with his set up, not such issues on the reveal of PS V despite its bigger size?.
    John rubbished reports of Series X games loading just a sec or two latter than a PS5 game or sometimes even quicker, only for him to be proved to be utterly wrong.
    Then we move on the shows and John said that Cross gen was holding the Xbox back and it was a mistake and in the SONY show his was full of praise with SONY believing generations and the games being made only for the PSV, Only for it then came out that games like Spiderman, Zero Dawn were cross-gen, suddenly John had no issue's and it made sense?. Listen to John only the PS2 was the only 3D console to have every game running at 60 FPS on its launch, sadly he's deeply mistaken as the DC did just that on its Japanese launch and the less said about his Need For Speed Saturn cock up the better, sorry the Saturn version does have music and working dials and he was clearly playing it on a Saturn Emu and this is a man who's meant to be a SEGA fan?

And who in their right minds buys a 4K console and a 4K TV to play a game and keep the console in 1080p. But listen to John that was the way to go for Kingdom Hearts because the One X version dropped a couple of frames?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

His capture device was 1080p dude. You obviously dont listen to the details.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    His capture device was 1080p dude. You obviously dont listen to the details.
    I do and he can capture in 4K as John videos show. Its got nothing to do with trying to capture this gen at 4K at 120FPS through HDMI 2.1 but a comparison DF did with Kingdom Hearts a couple of years ago on the last-gen. When DF tried to make out that KH was better played on the PS Pro set in 1080p mode and all because at certain moments the Native 4K Xbox version would drop about 3 FPS. It was a little bit of pandering to the PS fans because no one really buys a 4K system to be played on a 4K Tv to set the console at 1080P it defeats the object.

BTW John was also wrong on no Xbox Series X game having Ray Tracing at launch 2 games. I do like Alex mind and while not hate John and like most of his content, but I do feel some of his comments panda to a certain userbase. Yes it's sad and pathetic but 'that's what it is to be a slave' of my beloved SEGA
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Youre full of shit. The DMC5 analysis showed the dips and frame drops for both consoles. The bias is a figment of your fanboy imagination.

They do the exact same thing for CPUs and GPUs. Just because their analytics doesnt pander to Xbox for good old TA, they must be lying. And not everyone has a 4k display, especially a 120Hz one. There is an audience that is still on 1080p, which a vast majority of steam users are.

Also, none of these guys are working in the same place. They are all doing their work from home. So, if one guy has a 4k capture card, it certainly doesnt mean the other does too.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11-21-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Digital Foundry: Dirt 5 is far far more beautiful on PS5

xbox is no more, dude

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    What TV did you get? I bought the new LG Oled55cx6la 55'. FreeSync and 120FPS is awesome on the X
    Nothing really work mentioning. A LG UN series in 43" as space constraints limited my choice in size but it far surpasses the old Samsung I used for a while. What I have played on the XSX thus far (Doom, SW Squadrons, D2, Avengers) looks sharp.

ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar

At this point there isn't even a silly fight between two crazy hardware architects fighting about their approach to get videogames flashing on screen, their guts are mostly made by the same manufacturer (being AMD). At this point the only performance difference is probably going to be decided more by the software and how well it was optimised to characteristics of the console respective rendering APIs, cache sizes and so on. Which is exactly what you see with some games running 'better' on Xbox, some 'better' on PS5. If you want to talk subjectively about the HW, the Xbox has the PS5 in anything but storage speed but not in some crazy massive amount.

Personally, I got the XSX. Skipped last gen, do have a backwards compatible PS3, didn't get a PS4 for the sole lack of BC.

This is more like it MS

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

It's silly when people get passionate and worked up in defense of gigantic faceless corporations as if they're defending a family member or something. Neither Sony nor Microsoft gives a crap about you. Fanboyism for massive multinational conglomerates is asinine.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    This is more like it MS

I had no idea they were porting the new FS to Xbox. I didn't think the console could handle it. Very cool.

Once the stocks finally become available, I plan on upgrading the graphics card on my PC, largely for FS, but also because my current gpu is getting long in the tooth.

Car people are the worst. I seen bumper stickers with the likes of, Id push my Chevy, before Id ever drive a Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Car people are the worst. I seen bumper stickers with the likes of, Id push my Chevy, before Id ever drive a Ford.
    Nothing to how deep and nasty it can get with Football ..Just look at Celtic and Rangers fans . Supporting your team is a lot like supporting your fav games developer or console ; You priase all the good, look over all the mistakes and look to make fun when your rival team screws up

Of course some will take it way beyond batter and fanboy talk and get nasty with threats of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    I had no idea they were porting the new FS to Xbox. I didn't think the console could handle it. Very cool.

Once the stocks finally become available, I plan on upgrading the graphics card on my PC, largely for FS, but also because my current gpu is getting long in the tooth.
    It's fab game , I just love flying over my house and village. The PC version looks incredible and it's nice to see the Series X version looking really good.
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 12-11-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Surprised TA didn't post it but here.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post

Surprised TA didn't post it but here.
    I don't like the Perfect Dark IP, and not going to get worked up over a CGI trailer either, but never mind
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

CGI trailers are shit and MS realies too much on them. Everyone does it and it's annoying. MS seems to just be in love with them tho. Most their trailers hyping up XSX games been CGI. If games don't show actual gameplay then they are useless trailers to me.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Thread Information