Quantcast

Thread: Most difficult 32X game?

Default Most difficult 32X game?

While the library may be small there are still some challenging games. Which game(s) are the hardest for you? Three that come to my mind are After Burner, Space Harrier and Star Wars Arcade. Fun games but I am terrible at them.
    I am Mr_32X

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

I haven't played all of them, but...

After Burner and Space Harrier are pretty tough, if you want to get to the end anyway. These are some of my favourite 32X games though.

Oddly enough, I have a really tough time with Mortal Kombat II. I can't get a hang of the controls for some reason and always get my ass kicked by the AI. I'm okay at other fighting games, but I just can't handle MKII on the 32x for some reason.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOj View Post
    Oddly enough, I have a really tough time with Mortal Kombat II. I can't get a hang of the controls for some reason and always get my ass kicked by the AI. I'm okay at other fighting games, but I just can't handle MKII on the 32x for some reason.
    The AI is based on the arcade version, which is ridiculously brutal. It's not 1:1, but in some ways it might actually be harder; jumping at an opponent in the arcade would usually make them throw a projectile, so you could time a jump kick to knock them out of it and set up a quick combo (Kitana's a wrecking ball abusing that), but in the 32x version they seem to go for a standing kick instead.

The main AI exploit I know of that's totally unchanged is the "jump back" exploit. If you jump backwards from a certain distance range using certain characters (the male ninjas, Baraka, Jax, etc.), the AI opponent will jump forward without attacking, potentially leaving them open for a massive combo. Every once in a while I could abuse that for a pretty good combo as Scorpion (juggle punch, teleport punch, spear, uppercut) in the arcade version, but that one won't even work on the 32X with the smaller sprites and bigger playing field. You may or may not have to use a sweep beforehand to induce that behavior (I don't recall, I always use a barrage of sweeps against the AI anyway), but that might help you get an idea of the distance you need to be at.

MK2 is def a brutal one. I was never good at it. What slways got me was the limited amount of credits. Man this isn't the arcade. I paid money let me play as much as I want! As is I can beat Very Easy and that's about it. I never learned to cheese them so maybe that could help.

Brutal Paws of Fury is another tough one.
    I am Mr_32X

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I had a hard time with Darxide when I played it but maybe I never gave it that fair of a shake. The 50/60Hz thing could also maybe be part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Agreed with Afterburner and MK2. Those were just... rough! Ugh!

NFL Quarterback Club is difficult because I have NO idea what's going on. Does that count?
    I am Mr_32X

I find Blackthrone challenging with some of the platforming.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

The FMV games are tough, at least if you're trying to get a good ending.

Toughman Contest is quite challenging at the end, much more so than the Genesis version.

Has anyone beaten T-Mek or B.C. Racers?

Thread Information