Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pseudo saturn cart?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Saturn Pseudo saturn cart?

I was browsing for action replay carts when I found this, a chinese "pseudo saturn" cart

s-l1600.jpg

What do you think of this? Any owner?
    My main problem is unofficial carts has issue to be recognized by Saturn , sometimes it took 20-40 tries before make it work (but I don't have issue with official carts, so it's not a problem with saturn cart slot), is it the same with this pseudo saturn?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    I was browsing for action replay carts when I found this, a chinese "pseudo saturn" cart

s-l1600.jpg

What do you think of this? Any owner?
    My main problem is unofficial carts has issue to be recognized by Saturn , sometimes it took 20-40 tries before make it work (but I don't have issue with official carts, so it's not a problem with saturn cart slot), is it the same with this pseudo saturn?
    I have the white version of that cart. It works ok. it's just an Action Replay Cart. The 'pseudo' part is where someone has simple flashed the cart so one can play copies and no doubt is looking for asking for extra money for it.
    You also lose the Action replay cheat functions too
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

I also have the Action Replay Plus version of the cart (bought it back in the day for the 4 megabyte RAM expansion). Haven't seen this red one in import stores before.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Some of those red carts look different. I'm assuming that most are made in China recently and have thick pins and misc issues. It's not worth the risk to me unless I dedicate a spare console to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Master of Shinobi

It's safer to use a modchip if you want to play backups.

I had the white version with the 1 to 4 meg switcher on it. I didn't see any major benefit being able to set the switch to either 1- meg or 4- Meg mind

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I had the white version with the 1 to 4 meg switcher on it. I didn't see any major benefit being able to set the switch to either 1- meg or 4- Meg mind

Three SNK games require the 1mb cart or they glitch up.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    Three SNK games require the 1mb cart or they glitch up.
    I still had issues with SS IV on the cart, with some bad glitching and what seemed like ever more slowdown even with the switcher set to 1-Meg. Maybe the latter red ones fixed that issue
    When it comes to the 1-Meg games, I'll just stick with the SEGA cart.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

So it's just an action replay, I'll pass.
    Just looking for a good cart to play imports, that work without issues unlike the ones I already have.

So it's just an action replay, I'll pass.
    Just looking for a good cart to play imports, that work without issues unlike the ones I already have.
    I know it sort of defeats the point. But if you had a modded Saturn you can flash the Action replay yourself.
    It's quite east and 2 of my mates & brother have done it and it makes playing back up that little bit easier
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 12-20-2019 at 05:09 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I know it sort of defeats the point. But if you had a modded Saturn you can flash the Action replay yourself.
    It's quite east and 2 of my mates & brother have done it and it makes playing back up that little bit easier
    I see, but I'm not interested un playing backup.
    I'll wait for Satiator in future to play translated games like Sakura but as Iso, without the risk of wearing the laser with burned games.

Right now I only need a new cart to play japanese and us games on my pal Saturn.
    I thought this pseudo saturn cart had a better PCB than action reaplay cart, didn't know it was just the same PCB hacked to play backups

I think 1 Meg works better with SNK games like Metal Slug.

I see, but I'm not interested un playing backup.
    I wasn't but with Sakura Wars and Grandia being translated. I'm going to have my brother flash one of my Action Replay cards
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I've heard that the Western version of Marvel Super Heroes works better with a 1 meg cart. It would be interesting to see if that is true.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I've heard that the Western version of Marvel Super Heroes works better with a 1 meg cart. It would be interesting to see if that is true.
    Urban legend, the game is slow as shit either way.

Thread Information