Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Lunar has launched!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Pha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    This will work with a USB Thumb Drive (for the full collection)?
    A USB key on the second port is perfectly detected increasing the space as expected.
    An innovative game on md/gs ? I vote for.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Pha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Hi! How is the audio using Genesis Plus and Picodrive? I made my own comparison with real console vs mini, and of course the real one sounds far much better. Image quality I think is so-so.
    The quality of the sound, well, it's day and night...

The rendering of the sampling frequency is increased and perceptible for an attentive ear under the Retroarch cores, the instruments and the Fm was already correct on stock ui, and here again it is respected.

By the way, I really recommend a good usb cable, specially if you overclock the mini as it solves lots of issues (black screen, etc)
    Can you please indicate the power information of the USB power transformer you are using ? sometimes they say it's the cable or the power supply or both, with details it's better
    Last edited by Pha; 12-31-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    An innovative game on md/gs ? I vote for.

Does Project Lunar make the Sega Genesis Mini look any better? I haven't really used mine because both the regular graphics and the CRT filter look quite awful, additionally there is button lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Pha View Post
    A USB key on the second port is perfectly detected increasing the space as expected.
    Hmm, only works on the 2nd port? Have they gotten it to work on the back power microUSB port like on the SNES?

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Pha View Post
    The quality of the sound, well, it's day and night...

The rendering of the sampling frequency is increased and perceptible for an attentive ear under the Retroarch cores, the instruments and the Fm was already correct on stock ui, and here again it is respected.

Can you please indicate the power information of the USB power transformer you are using ? sometimes they say it's the cable or the power supply or both, with details it's better
    Thank you! So the audio is better when using other than stock emulator. About the usb cable, I need to check if there is any specification in the cable, but at the moment I am using a USB cable provided by 1More Headphone.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Does Project Lunar make the Sega Genesis Mini look any better? I haven't really used mine because both the regular graphics and the CRT filter look quite awful, additionally there is button lag.
    When using Genesis Plus GX in retroarch, it looks much better. Default setting in stock emulator looks the same as before, but the blur filter can be turned off when using scanlines.

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Hi! How is the audio using Genesis Plus and Picodrive? I made my own comparison with real console vs mini, and of course the real one sounds far much better. Image quality I think is so-so.
    It's okay with Picodrive, although the audio using Genesis Plus GX is quite a bit better to me. Under GX you can go under the options in Retroarch and select which Genesis sound chip to emulate and also adjust or disable the low pass filter. It doesn't sound 100% like an original system (emulation never will probably) but it's close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    With the default UI you can disable the blur filter and keep scanlines, which does look better but makes my screen way too dark, more than my TV can compensate by messing with the settings. If you boot it up under Retroarch/Emulation Station you can change video options to whatever you want. Integer scaling on, Bilinear Filter disabled, and Default Scanline overlay set to .80 looks really good to me. I'm hoping future updates will allow me to use these Retroarch settings under the normal UI. Right now I don't even boot into the regular menu anymore unless I want to play Darius, as everything else runs better under Retroarch.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? The Genesis emulators used by the Retroarc that you can add to the Genesis Mini are better than the on that is on the Genesis Mini? I find that hilarious and sad.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Wait, am I understanding this correctly? The Genesis emulators used by the Retroarc that you can add to the Genesis Mini are better than the on that is on the Genesis Mini? I find that hilarious and sad.
    Why would that be surprising? Genesis Plus GX is a great open-source emulator that has been in development for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Why would that be surprising? Genesis Plus GX is a great open-source emulator that has been in development for many years.
    I just find it surprising because building off of existing open source, or at least setting the best example of existing open source emulators as a baseline for their hardware emulator should have been the first thing that was done. But I totally can see Sega not being able to get to that level of quality within their time constraints and budget. Still, I just fin it funny to load existing free to use emulators on their hardware and it running their games better.

Well, part of the problem is that the license explicitly forbids commercial use:
    https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Pl...er/LICENSE.txt

So yeah, Sega couldn't have just grabbed Genesis Plus GX :​P

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Well, part of the problem is that the license explicitly forbids commercial use:
    https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Pl...er/LICENSE.txt

So yeah, Sega couldn't have just grabbed Genesis Plus GX :​P
    I'm not saying they just use their code. I mean use it as a baseline, as in, what the emulator should behave like, what it needs to achieve. I certainly wouldn't advocate taking Genesis Plus GX's work like that.

Or, you know, approach that team and pay them to make an emulator for Sega...

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Or, you know, approach that team and pay them to make an emulator for Sega...
    They could have just called up Steve Snake again, they've worked with him before and Kega Fusion is pretty damn good.
    I'm sure he wouldn't have minded rewriting the core a bit for the Genesis Mini.

Just received my Mega Drive Mini JP W today and i LOVE IT!
    Now lets put some SEGA CD, 32x and Arcade games!!!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Now this is clean! Man, I just might need to scrap hacked SFC w/6-btn Genesis controllers for this one!

Thread Information