Quantcast

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Games Haul Thread! Post that beautiful gaming haul!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

The local game store here didn't have a Black Friday this year because of COVID, but i had some store credit there that was about to expire, so I went there anyway and got these guys:

A few days later, I stopped in a GameStop to see if they had any deals on PS3 or 360 games. They said they only did online, which I'd rather not try. I browsed the PS4 games and saw they had this for $5 and decided to snag it:

It has the map in there too, which is pretty cool.

By chance I found this 26" RCA CRT on the curb. I gave it a once over and noticed it had a component port so I felt obligated to save if from the trash.

I carried it a half block home (which felt like a mile).

It was covered in about an inch of snow so after wiping it down and drying it off as best I could I let it sit for a few days to dry out.

When I finally turned it on there was a loud buzzing that faded away after about 3-4 minutes of use. The image looks good.

Now, a few more days later the buzzing is completely gone and the sound is working perfectly. Resilient self healing 17 year old tech!

The screen is just a wee bit off center and I don't know if I can do anything about that. Maybe I can find a service code that might let me tweak it but I don't have the original remote.

Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Glad I didn't toss out that crt tv with the built in VCR.

Yeah, I have a similar story to Sega Dude's, but mine is of a similar size and has a VCR built into it. The main difference was that it was about four blocks from my house about four years ago. I happened upon it while walking my dog, and for some reason, I thought someone might pick it up if I went home then drove back. It had a sign on it that said "FREE WORKS," and it did indeed work. My dog could not wrap his head around my extremely slow walking speed for such a long period of time, and he wasn't in the mood to practice sitting to give me a head start. This TV is what I mainly use in my garage now, and the VCR portion works great too.

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    Yeah, I have a similar story to Sega Dude's, but mine is of a similar size and has a VCR built into it. The main difference was that it was about four blocks from my house about four years ago. I happened upon it while walking my dog, and for some reason, I thought someone might pick it up if I went home then drove back. It had a sign on it that said "FREE WORKS," and it did indeed work. My dog could not wrap his head around my extremely slow walking speed for such a long period of time, and he wasn't in the mood to practice sitting to give me a head start. This TV is what I mainly use in my garage now, and the VCR portion works great too.
    I got that same feeling too. 'If I don't take that right now, someone is going to get to it before I get back!'.

You can use that built in VCR to record your gameplay footage. Authentic.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

^ I could definitely do that - especially considering I have some blank VHS tapes stored in that very garage. The only thing is... I'm not sure if I want to eternalize how bad I am at games.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Picked up a couple of new Xbox games over Black Friday, and my Cyberpunk preorder finally arrived. It's just the basic edition from Best Buy, but it came with stickers and literature and such. Refreshing for a physical release nowadays compared to the bare bones way most games come. There's supposed to be a BB exclusive steelbook as well, but I guess that's shipping separately. Anyway, I've been looking forward to this game for a couple of years now, and can't believe it finally came out. Thought it would never happen.

Nice pick ups
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Most recent additions.

N64
    - Rally Challenge 2000
    - Battle Zone: Rise of the Black Dogs
    - Fighter Destiny 2
    - Vigilante 8
    - Battltanx
    - Battletanx: Global Assault
    - GT 64
    - Bio Freaks
    - World Driver Championship
    - Automobili Lamborghini

PS1
    - Bloody Roar
    - Blaster Master: Blasting Again
    - Bramha Force
    - Cardinal Syn
    - Galaga: Destination Earth
    - Descent Maximum
    - Jet Moto
    - Jeto Moto 2
    - Action Man
    - Ridge Racer Type 4
    - Critical Depth

PS2
    - Gaget Racers
    - Whirl Tour
    - Wild Wild Racing
    - Dead to Rights II
    - Hard Hitter Tennis

Dreamcast
    - POD Speed Zone
    - 4-Wheel Thunder
    - Super Runabout San Fransisco

GameCube
    - Road Trip: The Arcade Edition
    - Beach Spikers

Switch
    - Trials of Mana
    - Slide Stars

Blaster Master: Blasting Again... that's a game that I remember being terrible, but I've been meaning to revisit it because I don't feel like I gave it a fair shot. Also, I don't know if it's just my copy, but the screen seemed to flicker quite often.

Since it is Christmas picked up a 2nd Mission stick to play the amazing Ep5 on Zwei with Twin Stick controls LOL

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

That IS cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I saw that hardbound Cyberpunk 2077 guide at a Gamestop store that I was repairing Point of Sale 2 at. They wanted $40 for it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Road Rasher

Didn't know what to use my eBay bucks on last time around, so I figured Sewer Shark was the obvious choice.

More recently I scratched off a big box that had been sitting near the top of my list for quite a while.

Thread Information