Quantcast

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 175

Thread: The 2020 Games Haul Thread! Post that beautiful gaming haul!

  1. #16
    Outrunner thesegadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    699
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    oXbox games pickup.


    Some great pick-ups there!

    I loved the Thing. I'm pretty sure I played it on the PS2. Feels so long ago.
    Half Life 2 is always welcome.
    I really do want to try OutRun 2006. Always hearing great things about it. Horizon Chase Turbo gave me a good classic racing fix recently. Couldn't put it down.
    I heard that Shenmue II for the oxbox has voice overs instead of all text. That must be the best version to play.
    Sega Dude

    Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

  2. #17
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,925
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    I don't know what it is about Shenmue II on the Xbox, but it seems to me like the colors and quality of some textures just didn't look right. They appeared to be a lower resolution than the DC version.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  3. #18
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    Some great pick-ups there!

    I loved the Thing. I'm pretty sure I played it on the PS2. Feels so long ago.
    Half Life 2 is always welcome.
    I really do want to try OutRun 2006. Always hearing great things about it. Horizon Chase Turbo gave me a good classic racing fix recently. Couldn't put it down.
    I heard that Shenmue II for the oxbox has voice overs instead of all text. That must be the best version to play.
    All Shenmue games are fully voiced. Every NPC, every character. There are no text boxes in the Shenmue series. You might be thinking of US Shenmue released in Japan on Dreamcast where they just re-released the first game in Japan with English voice acting. Shenmue II on Xbox had some graphical changes. Some worse. Some are debatable if better or not. Mainly because different hardware, one of them artistic. SEGA added bloom lighting and a filter option using the Xbox black and white buttons to make the game sepia filter and other options. The other added feature is a DVD of the Shenmue movie but it is so poorly edited.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  4. #19
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,925
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    Shenmue II Europe for the DC used subtitles. It was a quick port for the West.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  5. #20
    Wildside Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I enjoy Horizon Chase Turbo as well, but the Outrun 2/2006 games are simply without equal in the arcade racing genre.

  6. #21
    Master of Shinobi WarmSignal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,600
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Well, I've already primed the Cool Ranch Doritos and Mountain Dew because I'm now an official owner of an Xbox One S!

    I'm actually feeling pretty good about this purchase. It was the right time to pick one up, sub $200 with a pack-in. I already have a few games, and for now I'll be focusing primarily on picking up some of the exclusives. I'm most looking forward to trying out Sea of Thieves and Recore. I've contracted new console-itis and it feels pretty darn good right about now!


  7. #22
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Dunno if you know this but Evolve is shut down. You have a drink coaster. REcore is a pretty decent game and Mankind Divided mechanically is better than HR. Story is weaker but still a really enjoyable game.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  8. #23
    Master of Shinobi WarmSignal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,600
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Dunno if you know this but Evolve is shut down. You have a drink coaster. REcore is a pretty decent game and Mankind Divided mechanically is better than HR. Story is weaker but still a really enjoyable game.
    As I understand it, there is a single player option, but probably wasn't designed for that. It was $5 so I took a chance on it not knowing anything about it. This is what really guts me about Sea of Thieves. A great idea for a game, constrained to a multi-player only option. Which means at some point, the game will be pretty much inaccessible and just gone. So stupid. Just allow single player, is that so damn hard?

  9. #24
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,925
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    Thatís what bummed me out about Titanfall. It had no single player campaign, so once the online userbase died down, they removed the story driven scenes from multiplayer and just dropped you into an online match. I havenít played it in a year and have no idea if the PC servers are still running.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  10. #25
    The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    I agree. Makes owning physical copies of games like Destiny. Evolve. Fortnite. Battleborn. Anthem and more pretty much useless. So many games are Gaas these days and it's total BS. I just want a good single-player game/mode.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  11. #26
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,925
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    They put a decent campaign in Titanfall 2. Itís not bad.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  12. #27
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,816
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    As I understand it, there is a single player option, but probably wasn't designed for that. It was $5 so I took a chance on it not knowing anything about it. This is what really guts me about Sea of Thieves. A great idea for a game, constrained to a multi-player only option. Which means at some point, the game will be pretty much inaccessible and just gone. So stupid. Just allow single player, is that so damn hard?
    They were always set out to be multiplayer, to be fair very, much like Quake III or Unreal Tournament. The worst of part of Sea of Thieves was the lack of a training mode, but that's not been patched in.
    If I was you too, I wouldn't bother with spending $5 (well maybe get RE 2 and RE7 LOL) on a another game and buy get a Gamepass sub.

    Ryse is like a Huge budget Golden Axe, Quantum Break got a nice story to it they're all on the pass and if you see it cheap, pick up Resident Evil 7 that's a brilliant game IMO
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  13. #28
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,816
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    oXbox games pickup.


    Awesome pick ups The XBox was the Dreamcast II in all but name. The best non-SEGA console going
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  14. #29
    Master of Shinobi WarmSignal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,600
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    They were always set out to be multiplayer, to be fair very, much like Quake III or Unreal Tournament. The worst of part of Sea of Thieves was the lack of a training mode, but that's not been patched in.
    If I was you too, I wouldn't bother with spending $5 (well maybe get RE 2 and RE7 LOL) on a another game and buy get a Gamepass sub.

    Ryse is like a Huge budget Golden Axe, Quantum Break got a nice story to it they're all on the pass and if you see it cheap, pick up Resident Evil 7 that's a brilliant game IMO
    If you know me, I gotta have that physical game collection. Xbox One games are pretty cheap to come by these days.

  15. #30
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I took a trip at the beginning of the year to visit a couple of friends, and it turns out they have a local game store in their town. I checked it out and ended up snagging these as my first pickups o the year:



    The store honored the price tags they still had on them from 2014, so I got these for a few bucks each. I've been interested in Nightshade for a while and wasn't familiar with Martian Gothic, but I thought it looked interesting enough to try it out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •