Quantcast

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Games Haul Thread! Post that beautiful gaming haul!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Persona lite. Not into idol culture but it's a pretty good RPG with a fun OST. The cast is fun. The gameplay is Persona minus social links. I'm a sucker for anything that gives me Persona vibes anyway. Why I have Cybersleuth games on PS4 despite not playing anything Digimon before or since. But they are solid SMT mixed with Persona like games. Now I look to find where the Persona 5 Joker costume is in TMS.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Xbox One collection is growing at an alarming rate. I'm out of control with this new console-itis. XB1 stuff can be had so cheap right now, especially for new copies. Best Buy messed up and gave me Sea of Thieves Anniversary for $25. Fallout 4 $8? Evil Within 2 $13? Sure, why not? I pretty much skipped out on most of this gen, so it's all new stuff to me.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Birthday haul.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Xbox One collection is growing at an alarming rate. I'm out of control with this new console-itis. XB1 stuff can be had so cheap right now, especially for new copies. Best Buy messed up and gave me Sea of Thieves Anniversary for $25. Fallout 4 $8? Evil Within 2 $13? Sure, why not? I pretty much skipped out on most of this gen, so it's all new stuff to me.

Nice pickups. Tomb Raider is class and don't listen to the hate. Crackdown 3 is ace fun
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Came upon a nice collection of LD's locally. The first batch of them got delivered the other day.

The ones that are part of a boxset and collectors type editions, those were priced at R150 ($10) each.
    The three single disc versions at the bottom of the pic were marked at R75 ($5) each.

Some of those special editions have really cool extra stuff. A variety of lobby cards, pamphlets, booklets, books (screenplays, storyboards, making-of, etc) related to those movies, the movie soundtracks on CD's, and other items such as foldout maps and even a bullet in a leather pouch. lol

Also, included with some of the other LD's I'm waiting on, are some pretty average stuff but I got those because I checked up and saw that they fetch a nice amount. So maybe I'll throw those on eBay and see if I can recoup some of my money. The Haunting (1999) is one of those. The USA version. AFAIK, it was one of the final discs produced in the US and also has a Dolby Surround EX soundtrack. Apparently, that seems to appeal to the LD collectors out there.
    Last edited by Thierry Henry; 02-18-2020 at 06:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Do you watch those on a CRT, or a flat panel display?
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You'd be surprised at how good VHS looks via S-Video connection on a flat panel HDTV. I have a large movie collection on several formats, and there are a number of movies I have on VHS which never made the jump to dvd, let alone blu or uhd. So it's nice to have a functioning S-Vhs deck. I'd imagine the image would look much worse with a standard VHS player though.

I realize that has nothing to do with Mike's laserdiscs, but I would think that a LD player hooked up to a flat panel via s-video would have similar (likely better) results.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

I hooked it up to an older Sony WEGA. It's a 2006 model rear projection LCD. (KF-E42A10)

In terms of a player, currently the only dual-side one that I own is a Sony MDP-V7. It has AC-3 RF-out. And I use that with an older Sony AV Receiver which has a demodulator built in.

So all Sony's here. I guess I'm not a pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    You'd be surprised at how good VHS looks via S-Video connection on a flat panel HDTV. I have a large movie collection on several formats, and there are a number of movies I have on VHS which never made the jump to dvd, let alone blu or uhd. So it's nice to have a functioning S-Vhs deck. I'd imagine the image would look much worse with a standard VHS player though.

I realize that has nothing to do with Mike's laserdiscs, but I would think that a LD player hooked up to a flat panel via s-video would have similar (likely better) results.
    I had a Fisher 4 head Hi-Fi VCR that put out amazing sound (I had a Sony Pro-Logic reciever at the time) and picture quality, even with composite video on a CRT. I didn't think that DVD (with S-Video) was a massive step up in quality, because of the tiled video output with MPEG. I regret the day that I threw it in the trash, when it started eating tapes and locking up. I have a 6-head VCR that isn't even close to the quality of that old Fisher set.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02-05-2020 at 01:14 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

New Persona shirt

Some recent snags. Quite a bit, actually.

Nice haul!

Raiden Fighters Aces!

That's a win in itself.

Raiden Fighters Aces!

That's a win in itself.
    One of the best shooters ever made.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Had a little left from my last Ebay gift card, so picked up Pac Man 2 The New Adventures for the Genesis. I know Pac-Man is a quirky little bastard in that game. Got it in yesterday.

Thread Information