Quantcast

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Games Haul Thread! Post that beautiful gaming haul!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Yakuza 5 was digital everywhere outside of Japan. Reminds me I need to delete it from my PS3. Now we need those PSP games and the Samurai spinoff games to come west on disc and Yakuza fans will be on cloud 9.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Yakuza 5 was digital everywhere outside of Japan. Reminds me I need to delete it from my PS3. Now we need those PSP games and the Samurai spinoff games to come west on disc and Yakuza fans will be on cloud 9.
    I was always interested in the series, as I'd heard they were for fans of Shenmue (which I am). However, I never played any of them, and once I realized I had missed the window to easily acquire the originals on PS2 and PS3 I just said screw it. I'm happy to be given another opportunity, and all on the same platform. I just picked up part 6 the other day, $10. Still have the majority of them to try and track down, though. One gripe I do have, is that the vast majority of Yakuza 0 copies seem to be greatest hits. It's like the non-greatest hits print must have been tiny. Sony does that, they brand something greatest hits for selling 50 copies and then you can't find the original print.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    I was always interested in the series, as I'd heard they were for fans of Shenmue (which I am). However, I never played any of them, and once I realized I had missed the window to easily acquire the originals on PS2 and PS3 I just said screw it. I'm happy to be given another opportunity, and all on the same platform. I just picked up part 6 the other day, $10. Still have the majority of them to try and track down, though. One gripe I do have, is that the vast majority of Yakuza 0 copies seem to be greatest hits. It's like the non-greatest hits print must have been tiny. Sony does that, they brand something greatest hits for selling 50 copies and then you can't find the original print.
    Aside from very surface-level comparisons. Yakuza is nothing like Shenmue. Yakuza act more like a beat 'em up crossed with an RPG. No worries it's very accessible. Shenmue to me is a PC Adventure game with some action sequences. Shenmue you need to find out where to go and do. Yakuza just tells you and have a bunch of random fistfights on the way there and while you are there lol. Everything in Shenmue as you know is very planned in a fight sequences.

I didn't know that about Y0 copies. I got mine new in 2017 and it's just a regular version. I guess you could buy the greatest hits then get a replacement insert online? Yakuza 0 tho is def the place to start and work your way forward. Judgment is a full stand-alone spinoff but damns it's awesome. Then there is Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise. It's a Yakuza game mixed in with Mad Max open world segments. Good game but unless a fan of 80s anime or FOTN. Not going to do much. Btw this physical collection is limited so grab it now. I don't think SEGA plans to reprint them at least that's SEGA's implications.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    I was always interested in the series, as I'd heard they were for fans of Shenmue (which I am).
    They're going to share some bits and bobs, but Yakuza series has a much better combat system and something that Shenmue always lacked and that's a well written script.
    Yakuza 2 is my fav in the series, Yakuza 0 is awesome too.

I wish the team would make a sequel to Binary Domain mind
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Hell yes. LOve BD. We got a VanQusih remaster on consoles now we need a Binary Domain remaster.

Some more grabs.

Fuck yeah! Yakuza 6 and Metal Wolf Chaos! RICHARD!

LET'S PARTY!

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Already had the two PC Sonic games, but they were budget releases, and I wanted these in Big Box format. Not really impressive seeing as this "haul is late Dec - mid Feb" combined.
    Last edited by The Jackal; 02-14-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

I would have very much liked to have had Worms in the Genesis, but I think the PlayStation was the first console it was available on in the US, so thatís the one I got.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    I would have very much liked to have had Worms in the Genesis, but I think the PlayStation was the first console it was available on in the US, so thatís the one I got.
    Worms on the Genny is actually an alright port. IMO, the best console port is Worms on the Saturn.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Managed to pickup the Tanglewood OST cartridge and a full set of the Tanglewood cards.

The cool factor of a 16-bit game OST on a physical cartridge is off the carts!

Brilliant work Matt! Thank you!
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

A few more recent LaserDisc pickups. AFAIK, a couple of those are probably worth as much as I paid for the lot. I got them for the equivalent of $6.70 (100 ZAR) each.
    Later releases and DTS versions seem to hold a bit of value.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

@Thierry Henry I remember when my mom rented a laser disc player when they were current and she got me Star Trek to watch. What a crazy cool experience.
    Even now I have a laser disc rip of the original Star Wars Trilogy just because I really prefer the original theatrical releases over the special editions.

Nice pick-ups!
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    Even now I have a laser disc rip of the original Star Wars Trilogy just because I really prefer the original theatrical releases over the special editions.
    As I mentioned in my previous post, some very decent titles (all in great shape) are been sold over in this neck of the woods for the current equivalent of $6.70 each.
    That Star Wars Trilogy boxset (I think the LD collectors version was called the "Definitive Edition" ? ) was priced just a little higher at about $10. I missed out on it by like only a minute. Some other guy was quicker on the trigger.

AFAIK, all these seem to have come from a single collector who apparently just dumped the whole lot (3000+ titles), and they were subsequently picked up by a well known reseller from Durban, who is now auctioning them off.

But yeah, I'm picking up some decent stuff mostly because I don't have much competition for them. Except I guess for that Star Wars set.
    LD's were hardly a blip on the radar here and so there's really no nostalgia factor or a great deal of interest for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Thread Information