Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis Mini Sales

Where do I have to put the SEGA cd bios for Retroarch ?
    1 XB360, 1 md2, 1 mcd2, 1 snes, 1 ms adapter, 1 Nes, 2Gamegears (for playing sor co op)
    http://soundcloud.com/djtwok

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher StuOhQ's Avatar

It was harder to find once there was a price drop to $35... but, then again, has Nintendo ever had a price drop/sale on their Mini's?

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods Bit Sized, Episode 4

Nintendo didn't even really get the chance to consider a drop because it got hoarde-- er sold out really quickly (and it was also right in the middle of the Flash shortage, so priority went to the Switch which was also in a severe drought).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

There's still plenty around here (in Austin). I scooped up one, and I'm testing both Hakchi2CE and Project Lunar with it. In terms of functionality, there's wins and losses using either console hack.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Cristiano Sword's Avatar

A friend of mine who lives in Japan, said that the mini mega drive, sold very well. And it is still very popular in game stores over there.

I was in Japan late November/early December and saw in-store Mega Drive Mini advertisements on more than one occasion. Very impressive considering it was in stores chock full of current-gen consoles and games.

Then again, Sega outright rents/owns buildings in Japan for their game centers and whatnot, also a welcoming presence to see the Sega logo all over Osaka and Tokyo.

Man I miss Japan, and I'm glad that they embraced the Mini. Still plugging away at my (hacked) Genesis Mini 7 months after release.

Thread Information