Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Super Star Wars and Flintstones (Ocean) prototypes released

Default Lost Super Star Wars and Flintstones (Ocean) prototypes released

I am so excited by this I don't know what to write. Just check them out by yourself.

https://hiddenpalace.org/News/Holida...6XU0nsPrhzwXb8

https://hiddenpalace.org/The_Flintst...n)_(Prototype))
    Last edited by Raistlin; 01-24-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Really awesome releases by H.P.!

I waited and searched so much for this long lost Super Star Wars for the Sega Mega Drive!!!

Looks like its a much more early version than the build showed in the magazine screenshots.
    From what i remember, Sega Interactive did whole new animation frames and retouched the art and on this proto its just a quick color and art conversion.
    This proto lacks Chewbacca that was showed i the magazines too.
    In the mid or end of 93, the game was moved to the Sega CD and some sources say that the game was finished...

Interesting that looks like SI dont have the source code in this project...

I hope someday a more late proto was released for the public.

Is very good to see the Sega Channel exclusive Ocean's Flintstones, even its a very early build...

Hope that someday they release the late protos of those two unreleased games.

Amazing release!!!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Like much the much the trird plane scrolls at 4 minutes an the superb palette use for Flinstones the Movie!

Wow, awesome When it comes to unreleased prototypes, these were pretty much at the top of the list for me Can't wait to try them, thanks for pointing it out!

Star Wars sadly looks very bad.. just a fast and rapid conversion of snes artwork..
    if i saw this shit back in the 90`s i also vote to cancel it asap..

But the flintstones looks amazing...
    almost 1:1 conversion, using DMA to gradients backgrounds as third plane,
    this one i really gonna be a good addition on md library..
    but i think thats is cancel because the snes title didnt sell well..
    most of people didnīt even play this game..

Snes \ MD

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

So now that we know Disnep don't care about these being made available, can we get a dump of the Indiana Jones proto now?

The Flintstones proto looks very impressive, it clearly had plenty of work done and the devs did a great job. Also of note to people here (and I remember it being rumored for a few years) drx had another Putty Squad proto that was released recently. The proto releases are a great present for Sega fans, so I hope everyone appreciates them. Hidden Palace are contributing so much to gaming, I never would have thought it possible to even find half of the stuff that they release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    So now that we know Disnep don't care about these being made available, can we get a dump of the Indiana Jones proto now?
    HAH!

About the Ocean's The Flintstones release, drx have announced that he has this game years ago, is the same incomplete early build that he release?

This Star Wars proto looks bad cause it's a pre-alpha!
    The game was worked and they even added Chewbacca, redrawed and added new sprite frames how we see in this shot:
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Flintstones has very nice assets and a lot of loving care, but that stone field parallax was a terrible idea and is very jarring.

Too bad the Sega version didn't ship bitd. Maybe the SNES version bombed?
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

There's definitely a later copy of Star Wars somewhere. Indiana Jones was completed but unreleased. Unfortunately the guy who owned it insisted on doing a licensed re-release with LucasFilm approval that he was NEVER getting. Since Disney took over, I'm not sure if he's attempted, although Limited Run Games have put out many LucasFilm games again on cartridge so anything is possible.

Having played the Star Wars proto now, I think there's potential for a good game in there had the game been developed further. I hope there really is a later build because it would probably be an enjoyable game if someone can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post

About the Ocean's The Flintstones release, drx have announced that he has this game years ago, is the same incomplete early build that he release?
    [/img]
    Many years ago drx tried to collect money for the releases of Beethovens 2nd, Putty Squad and Flintsones which wasn't successful. I contacted him maybe two years after this and asked about a possibility to release the Flintstones and how much he askes for this. I believe he told me back then he already sold the proto (not sure about that, my memory might be wrong with it being sold) but it wouldn't be that great game at all because it is very early without any music and only some levels. So yes I think it is the same one from back then.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Lets hope that the news of the release of the Flintstones proto will somehow reach one of the original devs and they'll leak the full version. (full version was on Sega Channel right?)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

Flintstones movie prototype looks pretty solid. Did anybody on Sega-16 ever play the limited release Sega Channel version and can confirm that one did have music/sound effects? Seems unlikely it would be available commercially otherwise but it was the 90s.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I kinda think that Flinstones game looks nightmarish. I am all for exploring some of these protos, but I'd have no interest in a finished version of that.

Thread Information