Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games that are a shame in your favorite console

Default Games that are a shame in your favorite console

Master System - Strider (What they thinking when did it?)
    Genesis - Dark Castle
    Saturn - Toshiden
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Wii is dying. Last game Just Dance 2020. Thanks for all!

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

Playstation - Bubsy 3D
    Dreamcast - Spirit of Speed 1937
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Saturn: Virtual Hydlid - What an ugly mess.
    Genesis: Double Dragon - How is it possible to screw this game up on 16-bit hardware?
    PS2: Stretch Panic - How Treasure, how?
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

^ Agreed on Double Dragon. That game is atrocious on Genesis. Is Stretch Panic really that bad? I've never played it or seen gameplay, but I've always been interested in playing it. It's kind of funny. A friend of mine and I used to play through single player games together (he'd play one day, I'd play the next, etc.), and Stretch Panic would always make it to the final group of five or so games that we would narrow down our selection to, but we never decided to actually play it. One of these days....

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOj View Post
    Playstation - Bubsy 3D
    Flagged.

I might as well add one:

Game Gear - Streets of Rage 2

I beat the first one on Game Gear and figured I might as well beat the second one as well, but this game is way too aggravating and just not enjoyable. It sucks because the Genesis games are so good, but everything that makes those games enjoyable is not remotely present on the Game Gear ports. At least with the first one, you can finish the game quickly by wielding a pipe.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Soul Fighter-Dreamcast.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

NES:
    Daydreamin Davey (I spent money on this one)
    Hydlide (this one was given to me, awful game
    Othello (given to me)

Genesis:
    none, like with the SNES I am picky on what I buy. Perhaps World Heroes, but no, I was after every SNK fighter on consoles I own, so I had to pick this one up years ago.

SNES: see Genesis, but perhaps D-Force, hey, it was 99 cents locally, but a terrible game.

Gameboy: Mortal Kombat 1, why not torture myself with this horrible port.

Sega Saturn: Absolutely nothing at all, 50 of my 53 games for it I chose myself, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA, and Virtua Cop 2 were given to me by my friend who gave me the Saturn. I only go for what I truly love on the console, that is also affordable.

PS1: The EA sports games, I bought them every year for a few years, kind of wish I had been more selective early on for games for this console.

SMS: Parlour Games, but it was the one SMS game I ever found locally as the SMS scene here is bone dry. Only one person sells SMS games at a swap meet held every weekend, but when she wants $45 for a loose Fantasy Zone II, she's not worth visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    Is Stretch Panic really that bad? I've never played it or seen gameplay, but I've always been interested in playing it. It's kind of funny. A friend of mine and I used to play through single player games together (he'd play one day, I'd play the next, etc.), and Stretch Panic would always make it to the final group of five or so games that we would narrow down our selection to, but we never decided to actually play it. One of these days....
    It was so bad, that I got rid of it. You're basically grabbing parts of objects and stretching them like rubber bands. You have this weird arm hanging off of your back, you use to grab and poke at things. There was one point, where I was grabbing a huge Viking Opera Woman by her tits and stretching them across the screen. The game is just stupid weird.

Just look at the woman in this early level. They have massive boobs.

Last edited by gamevet; 01-14-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I bought Cosmic Carnage new after mags said it was great and a showcase for the 32X hardware. It was so slow and lacking in content and substance that I convinced the local store to accept it as a return.

I exchanged it for Space Harrier which was a lot of fun and felt much more impressive than most of the 32X library.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Fatal Labyrinth for the Sega Genesis. Many moons ago I had posted my last experience with that D-Pad mess of a game. Anyone interested in me posting it again?

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Fatal Labyrinth for the Sega Genesis. Many moons ago I had posted my last experience with that D-Pad mess of a game. Anyone interested in me posting it again?
    Sure, I'd like to read it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It was so bad, that I got rid of it. You're basically grabbing parts of objects and stretching them like rubber bands. You have this weird arm hanging off of your back, you use to grab and poke at things. There was one point, where I was grabbing a huge Viking Opera Woman by her tits and stretching them across the screen. The game is just stupid weird.

Just look at the woman in this early level. They have massive boobs.
    I mean... none of that sounds unappealing to me. I remember talking to someone about this game who was selling it (I didn't buy it from her because I thought she was asking too much), and the impression I got is that you play a girl with small boobs who takes vengeance on everyone who has big boobs. I'm not expecting a great game, but I can see how it could be fun in multiple ways. I can also see how it wouldn't appeal to a good amount of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to read it as well. I'm actually a fan of that game and have recommended it to people, but Dragon Crystal for the Game Gear is definitely better.

The boobs are insanely huge though and the graphics are horrible. Did you check out that video?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Sure, I'd like to read it.
    I wrote this back on 02/28/2009, under the Thread: Fatal Labyrinth. (I just made some minor updates/grammar edits.)

The final time I played this atrocity was approximately 28 years ago. After many failed attempts to finish this muddle of dungeon floors, I then decided to dedicate 3 grueling days in order to complete the 30 levels. With no save feature to speak of other than the pause button and constant juice from the basement standard two plug wall outlet, I began my quest for victory. My breaks consisted of venturing to the bathroom, 3 square meals a day, a short television break with my family from time to time, house chores, and 8 hours of sleep. The rest of my time was solely dedicated to this cart and its terrible game play. I knew it was a poor decision to sludge through this thankless adventure. However, being that it was a gift from my Father, I felt that nothing would give me more pleasure than to inform him that I finished it. The sooner it was completed would result in an instant trade-in to Electronics Boutique. By Noon on the 3rd day I had arrived to level 28. I was feeling extremely confident in conquering this game within the next few hours, so I began to take my final break. I paused the leech and moved my hand across the coffee table to turn off the television. I paid it no mind that I had accidentally, lightly grazed the cartridge, with my hand, as I reached for the power button on the TV.

After devouring a satisfying lunch, I headed downstairs to finish off the monsters that required the D-Button to defeat. I turned the TV on, planted myself on the couch, picked up my 3-Button controller, and pressed the pause button. Then, with no warning in sight, tragedy struck. Nothing happened. Nothing. The screen looked like the worst painting I’d ever seen. What had gone wrong? Why is the game frozen? Questions like these raced through my skull with some hope that this situation could be fixed. Horrified at what happened, I looked at my Sega Genesis and realized what may have caused this calamity. As I stated earlier, I lightly touched the cartridge while the system was paused. I still have my original 1601 with no TMSS, and I can wiggle a cartridge in it while it’s powered on with no freezing. There were two conclusions that I mulled over. One was that 2 & ˝ days of constant juice to this cart had made the connections fail when I had the mishap of touching it. The second was that the manufactured quality of this game was the same as its play-ability, which was utter rubbish. I had been beaten. My bloodshot eyes focused on Fatal Labyrinth, and with some mistaken glimmer of hope I pulled its undead carcass from the cartridge slot, inserted it again and pressed the pause button. Nothing. Having no knowledge of what to do next I hit the reset button, and the castle rose from beyond the trees.

A few years later I did indeed trade-in this vile entity, along with many other games, for a SEGA CD system. I probably should’ve traded them in for just another game, but we all have to learn from our mistakes. Don’t get me wrong, my Sega Genesis is the most treasured system that I own. However, there are parasites for every video game console and Fatal Labyrinth is one of them. It doesn’t matter that I had grazed it while it was paused or that its faulty electronic composition became apparent after hours of suffering mundane game play. What does matter is that it’s a horrible game. I have no regrets of not finishing it. I can only hope that this tale from my youth will warn others from putting their hands into the fire.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Haha! Wow that's a sickener. I can well relate to the frustration of devoting so much time to a game as a kid, when, quite frankly, some of the games in question just didn't deserve or warrant the time invested in them. Thanks for sharing your cautionary tale.

MD/GEN:
    Awesome Possum
    ​​Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
    Goofy's Hysterical History Tour
    WarpSpeed
    Bible Adventures
    ​Férias Frustradas do Pica-Pau
    ​​​Spiritual Warfare
    Fantasia
    Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land
    Tintin in Tibet
    Time Killers
    X-Perts
    Dark Castle
    Sword of Sodan
    Back to the Future Part III
    Batman Forever
    Toxic Crusader
    Ballz 3D
    Bubsy 2
    Revolution X
    Double Dragon 3
    Home Alone 2
    Turbo OutRun
    Barney's Hide and Seek
    The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants

Besides the music: Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Super Hydlide, Super Thunder Blade, Virtua Fighter 2
    On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

Thread Information