Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Saturn games under $100

Figured this wasn't worth making it's own thread for but was wondering if Christmas Nights is import friendly? Seems like the Japanese version is a lot cheaper.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

The most common U.S. title on eBay used to be that 3 game promotional pack-in. From what I see, it still sells for under $100.

Attachment 15266

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Attachment doesn't work but last I bought it a few years ago it was $20 new on Ebay. I think the Arcade stick new in box is still cheap.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Attachment doesn't work but last I bought it a few years ago it was $20 new on Ebay. I think the Arcade stick new in box is still cheap.
    Odd, works for me even when not logged in. But yeah, it's just a photo of the box/cover. Price on the Arcade Stick likely hasn't increased too much unless it's factory sealed since there's so many custom ones people use. The Virtual On Twin Stick might run a lot more though.

Wildside Expert

First, I'll assume you have the $30 Action Replay which region unlocks your Saturn and adds 1/4MB RAM cart compatibility. No Saturn collection is complete without it - it does so much for so little.

Christmas Nights (I think the Japanese version is the same as the U.S. but much cheaper)
    Fighter's Megamix
    Fighting Vipers (Japanese version with Pepsiman character)
    Sega Rally
    Marvel Super Heroes (Japanese version is much cheaper than U.S. version) & Marvel vs. Street Fighter
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Outrun (Japanese stand alone version which adds remixed music tracks)
    Galactic Attack
    Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2 (the U.S. versions are getting more expensive but Japanese versions are still cheap)
    Virtua Cop 2
    World Series Baseball 97 (best sprite based baseball game ever) & 98 (some ugly polygons but plays great)
    NBA Jam TE - you've probably played it numerous times elsewhere but the Saturn port may be the best home conversion. Always a fun game.

If you want disc only, you can probably pick up most of the games I've listed for around $100 - $150 total. Most Japanese games are still in original cases as they used CD style cases which didn't break very often compared to U.S. longboxes.

Thread Information