Quantcast

Thread: Ultracore by Columbus Circle for the Mega Drive in Stock

Genesis Ultracore by Columbus Circle for the Mega Drive in Stock

Ultracore by Columbus Circle for the Mega Drive is in stock again at Play-Asia for C$ 68.60 (~$53 USD).

https://www.play-asia.com/ultracore/...sc1=N562587217

Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

$50 US.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Is this game good?

Wildside Expert

I just picked up the amazing Mega SG and was trying to figure out how to get Ultracore working in six-button mode but I canít figure it out. The controller is in six button mode, and a PDF manual I found online for the game shows the six button layout (X is supposed to be the Weapons button, for instance) but the game only seems to play in three-button mode which is a pain in the ass. Am I doing something wrong?
    Jeff Nelson
    Video gaming since 1979 (I was an Atari Baby)

https://www.play-asia.com/ultracore/...sc1=N562587217

Ok, so playasia is selling Ultracore for $129.99 plus shipping & tax. I had some extra Stimulus money leftover, so I talked some dude down to $120.00 plus tax on eBay. It was for the US version that is still sealed w/ the Strictly Limited sticker. I understand that I paid more than double of what it originally sold for. I did this for purely collection purposes. I bit the bullet and have paid over $100 for games in the past, a few times. For instance, I have the Japanese versions of Yu Yu Hakusho & Panorama Cotton.

My question is simply this: Was purchasing this game a good investment to play & keep?

I'm opening myself up for criticism. Let's hear it, if any.

Well, I got the game in the mail. The top left corner of the back of the clam-shell case was broken off. The dude mailed it in one of those vanilla envelopes with a thin layer of bubble wrap. There was a hole in the bottom of the envelope. The case was just sliding around in there and pieces of the corner broke off and must have fell out of the bag during shipping. I couldn't super glue back the corner, even if I wanted to. Two pieces of plastic within the case, by the manual, had also broken off. The seller stated that this game was brand new and sealed. The clam-shell should have had a "Strictly Limited Sticker" put on the side, showing it had never been opened and therefore brand new. Not so, it was placed inside the case above the game. I took a flashlight and could tell the contact points had been inserted into a Sega Genesis. Brand new sealed, he said. The liar!

Anyways, I blasted him on eBay with the return information. He sent me an offer and reduced the cost of the used game & damaged case to $60. After thinking about it for 2 days, I accepted his offer. He slashed his cost in half. I had to take the offer. Played Ultracore for the first time tonight. From the little I played, I enjoyed it. I'm gonna sit down and give it a more of go tomorrow. Cheers for my refund. It is what it is.

Wildside Expert

I suppose it was a result in a roundabout way ?
    I have purchased a few games over the years breaking the £100 mark, but I haven't done so for a while. I just do not have the appetite for it at the moment.

Thread Information