Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: New DC HDMi cable from Columus Circle

  1. #1
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    4

    Default New DC HDMi cable from Columus Circle

    http://www.gameblog.fr/news/88140-dr...mmercialise-le

    Dreamcast_HDMIConverter_01.jpg

    It seems that Columbus circle will release a new HDMi cable for the Dreamcast.
    "HDMi Converter", cost 4500 Yen (36 Euro)

    Anyone plan to buy this?
    What's the quality of previous Columbus Circle cable?

  2. #2
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Pacific NW
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I've been using VGA for years and would highly recommend the Hanzo VGA box by Beharbros.

    I'm personally waiting for the new HD Retrovision component cables, as it would make my life so much easier, setup-wise, to have all of my retro consoles over component.

    Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Out of this World! HD Retrovision Sega Saturn Review - Kit Reviews, Episode 9

  3. #3
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I'm waiting for the componente cable from HD retrovision too, is there any news?

    I can't use other cable because I have a problem with image shifting with Dreamcast, and that component cable promised to solve this.

    I'm also looking for other option, this Columbus circle cable seems cheap too, but if it's low quality and doen't resolve the image shifting, it's useless for me.

  4. #4
    WCPO Agent CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    I'm waiting for the componente cable from HD retrovision too, is there any news?

    I can't use other cable because I have a problem with image shifting with Dreamcast, and that component cable promised to solve this.

    I'm also looking for other option, this Columbus circle cable seems cheap too, but if it's low quality and doen't resolve the image shifting, it's useless for me.
    Image Shifting? I guess I've never noticed this, what is it exactly?

  5. #5
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Image Shifting? I guess I've never noticed this, what is it exactly?
    basically the image is never centered and is shifted to the right (or left), leaving a big border to one side while the other side is cutted.

  6. #6
    WCPO Agent CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    basically the image is never centered and is shifted to the right (or left), leaving a big border to one side while the other side is cutted.
    Oh wow strange. I've used 2 different VGA solutions over the years with my DCs and never seen anything like that. Then again, I was only using the VGA with a computer monitor in the early 2000s and was able to adjust if that happened and only used them with modern LCDs since and haven't seen anything like that.

    I installed the DCHDMI into my dreamcast over the summer so wasn't aware this was an issue over VGA?

  7. #7
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Pacific NW
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    I'm waiting for the componente cable from HD retrovision too, is there any news?

    I can't use other cable because I have a problem with image shifting with Dreamcast, and that component cable promised to solve this.

    I'm also looking for other option, this Columbus circle cable seems cheap too, but if it's low quality and doen't resolve the image shifting, it's useless for me.
    Latest news is they're getting production samples in Q1 2020, and hoping to have the first batch built in Q2. We're finally getting close!

    Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Out of this World! HD Retrovision Sega Saturn Review - Kit Reviews, Episode 9

  8. #8
    Shining Hero Joe Redifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO - USA
    Posts
    13,070
    Rep Power
    125

    Default

    Those cables are kinda shit.

  9. #9
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Virtua Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StuOhQ View Post
    Latest news is they're getting production samples in Q1 2020, and hoping to have the first batch built in Q2. We're finally getting close!
    Finally! Any news about the price?

  10. #10
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Pacific NW
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    Finally! Any news about the price?
    I would assume $60 like their SNES and Genesis cables run. The Wii and PS2 cables required a lot less RnD.


    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Those cables are kinda shit.
    Have you done a review video? If not... will you?

    Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Out of this World! HD Retrovision Sega Saturn Review - Kit Reviews, Episode 9

  11. #11
    Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Noviomagus, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,616
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    to everyone who wants to be blown away by your dreamcast. Get the marseille mcable gaming edition. Yes it's expensive but you won't believe your eyes. I have the toro vga box into a good quality vga to hdmi converter into the marseille mcable to my qled tv. stuff looks like early ps3. I've had several people at my house blown away by it.

  12. #12
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    to everyone who wants to be blown away by your dreamcast. Get the marseille mcable gaming edition. Yes it's expensive but you won't believe your eyes. I have the toro vga box into a good quality vga to hdmi converter into the marseille mcable to my qled tv. stuff looks like early ps3. I've had several people at my house blown away by it.
    Thanks for the recommendation. The Marseille at $120-$140+ shipping is a bit steep for a video cable, since you'd still have to buy a high end HDMI converter on top of it. I'll research YouTube 'before and after' graphic comparisons later.

  13. #13
    WCPO Agent CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    For that cost you might as well go with the DCHDMI kit as that runs $150. Only trick to that is needing to get a mini HDMI cable to full HDMI to actually use it but I love how it looks on my setup.

  14. #14
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    For that cost you might as well go with the DCHDMI kit as that runs $150. Only trick to that is needing to get a mini HDMI cable to full HDMI to actually use it but I love how it looks on my setup.
    Have looked into the DCHDMI Kit, have no doubt it's the best picture. Don't want to ever open up the launch day Dreamcast though. Purchasing a separate pre-installed system, maybe. Just seems like a upscaling cable is easier for now, even if the DCHDMI is better.

  15. #15
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Pacific NW
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegaDreamcast View Post
    Have looked into the DCHDMI Kit, have no doubt it's the best picture. Don't want to ever open up the launch day Dreamcast though. Purchasing a separate pre-installed system, maybe. Just seems like a upscaling cable is easier for now, even if the DCHDMI is better.
    I can certainly understand not wanting to put your console under the knife, so to speak. I have avoided modding any of my consoles so far, though I've been tempted several times and will likely start dipping into that scene in the next year or so.

    Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: Out of this World! HD Retrovision Sega Saturn Review - Kit Reviews, Episode 9

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •