Quantcast

Thread: Sony developing it's own amiibo

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Ps1 Sony developing it's own amiibo

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

Is amiibo still popular? I never really got in to it, but I thought that fad had started to die down recently.

These might be kind of neat for the figurines, depending on the price point. I'm a big fan of a few playstation game series, and could see myself owning a few if I can get them cheap.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I was pretty late with getting a Wii U and 3DS, so I pretty much missed any chance of getting, or using an Amiibo. I have a deluxe version of Twilight Spirits that came with one with Toadstool Treasure Tracker, but I’ve yet to play those games. I wouldn’t mind getting a Bowzer, Mario and Link Amiibo, just to display on a shelf.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

This kind of reminds me of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, expect similar success. Unless they line this up with FF7, RE, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Parappa, MGS and all the rest of the original PlayStation nostalgia. I feel the amiibo market has tapered off significantly though, either way. Amiibos look much more detailed than this in general but these are likely prototypes.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOj View Post
    Is amiibo still popular? I never really got in to it, but I thought that fad had started to die down recently.

These might be kind of neat for the figurines, depending on the price point. I'm a big fan of a few playstation game series, and could see myself owning a few if I can get them cheap.
    Yeah people still buy them. Mainly since unlike skylanders they are not tied to a specific game to function. I like to get 3rd party ones mainly. Decent figures for the price.

PS A-S BR times two.......which was supposed to help Vita decommission the 3DS.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

It seems like the majority of Amiibo sales are people using them as knickknacks and only a fraction of them are purchased with their actual functionality in mind. That doesn't bode well for these. Aesthetically they're not nearly as good as the average Amiibo.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    It seems like the majority of Amiibo sales are people using them as knickknacks and only a fraction of them are purchased with their actual functionality in mind. That doesn't bode well for these. Aesthetically they're not nearly as good as the average Amiibo.
    Same for me. I buy them as display figures. I did use the 8bit Zelda one to get the classic Link outfit/Sword tho. That was just a bonus. The amiibo is so cool looking. However, if Sony made a Dante one and some other 3rd party ones. (Zone of the Enders?) I'd be very down. The ones pictured are life-sized so many the actual smaller ones will be more detailed?

Thread Information