Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Arts' Genesis Catalog Thread

Master of Shinobi

also many people thought the yellow tab was a backup battery, because nobody was able to explain the reason behind different size/shape of the carts. And those games were mostly the few that saved
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Just picked up a copy of Starflight, and it came with the map. The other side of it has this EA poster with all of their red hot smoking games in 91 or so.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

I remember enjoying their NBA games immensely. Bulls Vs Lakers and Bulls Vs Trail Blazers being instant reveries for EA on the Genesis.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Mark my words, over time the EA stuff will become some of the most highly sought after games. Complete stuff like Rings of Power, Haunting, Buck Rogers will become more and more expensive. (It's already happening)

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

their PC ports were interesting - never got around to Buck Rodgers, but I beat Starflight in the day and adored it.

rebought it cart-only years back and that was a mistake; the guide was helpful, and making wormholes on the star map was half the fun.

It doesn't get much love, and its definitely not an easy game to learn, but King's Bounty is actually a great game once you get past the awful sound and graphics. Having played the game on a few different systems I think we got one of the best versions of it. There's even a remake of King's Bounty for PS2 which also doesn't get much love.

I discovered Legend of Galahad recently and I think its a decent offering that's gone under the radar of many people. I think the Amiga version was always more well known.

EA could have helped themselves out by having better box art for both of those games. I don't remember either of them having box art that grabbed me when I saw them on store shelves.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    It doesn't get much love, and its definitely not an easy game to learn, but King's Bounty is actually a great game once you get past the awful sound and graphics. Having played the game on a few different systems I think we got one of the best versions of it. There's even a remake of King's Bounty for PS2 which also doesn't get much love.

I discovered Legend of Galahad recently and I think its a decent offering that's gone under the radar of many people. I think the Amiga version was always more well known.

EA could have helped themselves out by having better box art for both of those games. I don't remember either of them having box art that grabbed me when I saw them on store shelves.
    I recently bought this game boxed, based mostly on the opinion of members of this forum, like yourself. It's another title on the Genesis that i can see getting tough to find, and expensive, down the line.

There is a lot of RPG's on the Genesis that are Western RPGs. The notion that there is not any RPG's on the Genesis is incorrect. There's not a lot of Japanese RPGs.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker SBlaise84's Avatar

Kings Bounty! I loved that game. As a kid, I remember picking it up from this little used game store near my house, not knowing what to expect. Yeah, the graphics and sound are kinda budget, but boy is this game fun! And so much replayability with the random generation of where items, recruiting spots, etc are located.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I recently bought this game boxed, based mostly on the opinion of members of this forum, like yourself. It's another title on the Genesis that i can see getting tough to find, and expensive, down the line.

Indeed, pretty soon some youtuber will make a video about Sega 'hidden gems' and will include King's Bounty on the list, thus driving prices sky high. Personally I wouldn't mind too much, the game deserves some recognition after 30 years. BITD I used to put my friends on to how good the game is, lend them my cart, and then they wouldn't want to give it back. If the devs had spent more time on getting it to look and sound right then I think they would have made a near perfect game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One McValdemar's Avatar

A picture is usually better that towsands words

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Hmmm,

I'll have to add King's Bounty on my "To Do" list. Thanks!

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdubmods View Post
    Hmmm,

I'll have to add King's Bounty on my "To Do" list. Thanks!
    Same. It's one of those games that I was aware of as a kid but didn't exactly grab my attention. I'll have to add it to my collection and it give it a try.

EA were something else on the Mega Drive and 3DO. Buck Rogers is an all-time classic and Starflight is one of the best games of all time (never mind the Mega Drive) PGA Golf III is the best golf game everI also think Road Rash II is the best in the series too.
    I also liked EA work on the Mega CD; Fifa presentation was on a different planet and the game made wonderful use of the Mega CD sound chip, NHL Hockey 94 is the greatest hockey game of all time and the real music and chants added so much.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    EA were something else on the Mega Drive and 3DO. Buck Rogers is an all-time classic and Starflight is one of the best games of all time (never mind the Mega Drive) PGA Golf III is the best golf game everI also think Road Rash II is the best in the series too.
    I also liked EA work on the Mega CD; Fifa presentation was on a different planet and the game made wonderful use of the Mega CD sound chip, NHL Hockey 94 is the greatest hockey game of all time and the real music and chants added so much.
    Oh yeah, couldn't agree more. Road Rash II is probably my favourite racing game of all time, and FIFA International Soccer for the Mega CD is a very polished and playable footie game.

No one mentions Skitchin, but it's really good. The framerate of the engine makes more sense with rollerblades than with motorcycles.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Thread Information