Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INSANE PAIN - new fighting game with pre-rendered graphics in development

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mredit View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your feedback. I know that the pre-rendered style is not everyone's favorite but we will keep it anyway as it is a good way to animate characters more easily. Pixelart is great, but it takes a lot of time.
    This project does not claim to be the best Megadrive game either (like other ones). It's a hobby project (for now). Maybe there is someone here who would like to help us with the project. Please contact us. 3D- or 2D-artists, music- and sound artists are very welcome.

many greetings
    mr-edit
    Your project looks original and interesting. I am a character designer, animator and storyboarder with over 15 years of experience. In the indie scene, I worked as character designer, illustrator and cinematics/opening animation director on projects such as pier solar/hd, vixen 357, tanglewood, kraut buster (neogeo), battlekid 1/2 (nes) or saber rider (dreamcast). I sent you a mail.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

There is also the option of building and animating your characters in 3d, then drawing your keys and tweens over the 3d models after they are animated. This will give you both the convenience and efficiency of the pre rendered approach, and still get a 2d look. Plus, you can add elements of animation over your draw overs, and add those stretch/squish effects over already established keys.

Love the fighters colors, but the backgrounds needs more attention.

Master of Shinobi

Cool! I like original projects, and there aren't exactly lots of rendered 16-bit fighters being made.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

@Silanda
    yes we thought so too that's why we just try it.

The game won't be a AAA game but it will be good enough . And it will be real! Not like other scam projects... papri*hust*um... (sorry that just had to be).

index-3.jpgindex-2.jpgindex-1.jpgindex.jpg
    The Stage Backgrounds are just placeholder at the moment, we are working on it. And like i said: we are looking for help, people who want to take part in such a project. Maybe you have a nice striking voice and you can imagine being the announcer, feel free to contact us

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Oruam's Avatar

🐉 maybe AA+ 🐉

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

We continue to work diligently on the project. We are currently trying to include our background for the first stage.
    Unfortunately, it's not that easy. The quality suffers greatly from the limitation of the Megadrive. If you simply reduce the color palette, a so-called "dithering" effect is created. But step by step

Here you can find a small gameplay video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ubc8q2ug2...017.mp4​
    (Fonzie can take an example, recording gameplay isn't magic)
    Last edited by mredit; 02-15-2020 at 12:25 PM.

WCPO Agent

Some dithering is OK, games were designed for that back in the day. With your art style I'm not sure it's necessary, your characters have kind of a plastic appearance so you could probably get away with two tone shading.

How does it play? The early 90s were filled with poor quality fighting games with controls that barely work, specials that were impossible to pull off, just a frustrating experience all around. If your game is fluid and the characters are easy to control, with some original fighting styles and moves, that will make it a good game even if the colors aren't exactly what you wanted.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training LIZARDRIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mredit View Post
    Here you can find a small gameplay video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ubc8q2ug2...017.mp4​
    Radiooooooactivity
    Brewing "Perlin & Pinpin" for your SEGA Genesis / Megadrive - #pixelart by @iamgunpog

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Cristiano Sword's Avatar

I had already seen some images and the game is getting very beautiful, for a palette as limited as the mega drive with 15 colors per sprite the result was excellent!

Last edited by Oruam; 02-16-2020 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add content

About controls we are using the Genesis Fight Engine, almost the same from Fight for Revenge and Street Fighter I port. You can give a try join my channel and get some GFE rom demo to test, but remember that I created a special version of the engine for this project, much faster than olds.
    https://discord.gg/Z34Xww5

Linkuei BR (Paulo Ferreira) make this FM conversion.

Nameless One

LOL

If you put out screen shots of this back in the day, it would be charged with being a Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct clone.

I dig it.

It's pretty sweet that you have such a decent foundation laid out so far. Keep it up, man!

Wow you made a lot of improvements on your engine! Looking good friend! Keep up to good work

Thread Information