Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: INSANE PAIN - new fighting game with pre-rendered graphics in development

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Oruam's Avatar

Thank you Adam!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert McValdemar's Avatar

Is getting better and better Mauro! Great work!

Thank you Valdemar! Muito obrigado!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

By the way: What 108stars wrote at the start posting is not quite right: I have a lot of nostalgia for the system (and for all other sega systems).
    I never had an megadrive/genesis in my childhood, but i play a lot md titles via emulation on pc. First after paprium was announced i buyed a real one. True story.
    I'm an graphic designer like the big Fonzie and the Paprium Fiasco made me think about an own "fictional" game, so the idea of "Insane Pain" was born.
    I made an small concept of the game including character designs and send it to different people. One of them where Oruam. He is already working on a fighting engine for the system
    and he really liked the idea to create an own new IP with his engine. As a hughe fan of the first Killer Instinct games (i also played via emulation) i really wanted to use this
    artificial retro silicon graphics style. I know some people say that doesn't look good and the characters look like "toys". But this is nostalgia for me. Old PC games look like the same. So we try it with him
    and the game becomes real step by step.

I read on some russian retro scene pages a lot of criticism too. So yeah, not all people could like this project. But we still go ahead. We want to finish the game, and we want to make it transparent.
    We want to make it better then the Fonz! Communicate with the community. So feel free to join us on our discord server: https://discord.gg/bskm4MG
    Last edited by mredit; 03-02-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Cristiano Sword's Avatar

This project is getting really beautiful. Transforming 3D models into sprites, is something very creative and that costs a lot less nowadays than at the time of console wars and even today it generates a very beautiful result.

New Music-Track

New Test-Gameplay

New Stage Graphics
    stage_portal.jpg

stage_brute-chamber.jpg

stage_cyber-hell.jpg

New Character
    ordus_makeover.jpg

ordus_test.jpg

want more infos, so join our discord-channel or if you can read german visit -> https://www.nexgam.de/forum/thread/93484-md-insane-pain

many greetings
    mr-edit

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Awesome! Definite Killer instinct vibes, and I like it.

New test gameplay recorded on real hardware
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4iz24dls0...416-WA0030.mp4

Just a Screenshot
    haley.jpg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

This is very promising work. Please, keep going!

INSANE-PAIN_DEMO-OUTNOW.jpg
    The good news: today we release a public demo. The bad news: we have to pause the work on the project for now.
    But it will help if you fill out the survey on the website: www.insane-pain.com

many greetings
    mr-edit

Master of Shinobi

great effort, though the game is like 10fps ?

EDIT: maybe I'm emulating it wrong, though. Fusion on win 10. Must check on RH.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

It's a great engine, a good demo. Although... I thought it's using too few colors in the backgrounds. And I also thought the reach of the moves is a bit too short and the frames of animation should last a bit longer. And aren't there throws in the game?
    Last edited by paulojr_mam; 06-19-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hello, I must say that I have seen the entire transition of Ouram's work as a programmer, and I can say that the tenacity and perseverance is incredible, especially the love and thousands of hours that he has dedicated to his fight engine. I really liked the aesthetics of the mredit gfx, for the color limitations of MD I found 3D rendering very successful. For backgrounds the same, it is a nice pixelart and immerses me in the same aesthetics as the characters. To be Homebrew it seems like a great job from them. Regards.
    Last edited by tacha; 06-20-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: bad letters

I played the demo and here are my thoughts. It's a cool concept using 3d models and putting them on the Mega Drive.

It feels similar to Mortal Kombat, but with another setting. The cyberpunk theme feels cool and the characteristic purple/pink colours gives the game its own identity, but perhaps it could be toned down a bit here and there, it's a bit too much. The graphics look overall quite good though, some polish around textures and colours is needed, but the design is good. Backgrounds would benefit greatly from some animations, for now they feel a bit lifeless like Rise of the Robots.

Combat could be tighter and the verticality needs to play a bigger role with higher jumps and attacks from air which are worth doing. The AI is a bit dumb and can be defeated just by pressing A repeatedly. It's nice to have special attacks, but they are bit hard to pull off - maybe the timing is too tight? Unique kicks and punches like Street Fighter would be preferred, but if it's too much to ask for, you could make the characters more different by adjusting speed, strength etc.

Good luck with the project!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information