Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: INSANE PAIN - new fighting game with pre-rendered graphics in development

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I don't know how many people do test the game.
    I am not on discord and I was not involved in the development of the game.
    I am testing the game since the demo was released with the Kickstarter campaign.
    I test it via a Mega everdrive v1 as well on my test pcb.
    A friend is testing the game on a PAL MD with a newer Everdrive.
    Since then i tested a lot of different beta test versions for them on different hardware (Sega Nomad, CDX, MD1, MD2, with and without tmss).
    As they want it to play on real hardware they should focus on bringing it to work on a cartridge then on the everdrive.
    As far as I can say compatibility issues came with the Mega Everdrive v1 OS10 and the newer Everdrives which I think where based on the OS10.
    With Mega Everdrive OS9 I had no issues.

When testing the game on a cartridge it worked on many consoles but not all.
    The problem is the auto switch at the start which detects whether you have 50 or 60hz.
    On a console that won't start the game directly it helped using a Game Genie or Action Replay.

Sidenote:
    Paprium seems to do something similar at the start. As you can even start the Paprium Mini game with a Game Genie or Action Replay on consoles that else refuse to start Paprium.

The guys behind this project are still working very hard on this project. Today I got the next beta version of it.
    The graphic issues seem to be fixed in this version.
    So the graphics were fine on my Mega everdrive v1 with latest os10. But still had problems with sound stopping at a certain stage. No troubles when using OS9.

Hope the other guy can test it with the newer everdrive soon.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    I did a little gameplay of the preview version.

Let's help the Blast Process team to succed with their Kickstater campain:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...it/insane-pain

So what happens if they don't make their goal? Is it an all of nothing thing? I haven't look at how crowd funding rules have changed over the years.

If the a Kickstarter goal will not be reached until the deadline then the project is not funded and will not be produced.
    Your credit card will not be charged when the Kickstarter fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronpheus View Post
    If the a Kickstarter goal will not be reached until the deadline then the project is not funded and will not be produced.
    Your credit card will not be charged when the Kickstarter fails.
    Well that's gotta be pretty stressful, since they're extremely close to the goal.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

In such cases they usually chip in the remainder themselves.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Looks like this did successfully get funded! There's an update on the Kickstarter that they're working to find a solution with the compatibility issues. Hopefully they get that straightened out.

The compatibility issue regarded only the non TMSS Mega Drive 1 Models.
    The problem was that the vram of this specific model isn't cleared at system start. The results where no working music, options menu partically not showing up, messed up and missing graphics and also ai not working.

I found out that clearing vram solved all of these problems.
    Because when you have an action replay 2 there is an option to clear memory. After clearing memory the game worked as it should.
    It took a lot of attempts to integrate a working code to the game that cleared the memory at startup.
    But since yesterday the game is now working without issues on non tmss model 1 Mega Drives.
    It now works on Mega Everdrive v1 with OS9 or latest OS10 and Mega Everdrive X7 OS 3.14.

I am testing the game for them on real hardware that I own.
    So far I tested the game on several Mega Drive Model 1 (1601-18,1600-18,haa-2510), Model 2 (MK-1632-50), Nomad and CDX (MK-4121). Model 1 and 2 I have multiple consoles. Some of them are modified to play 50/60hz.
    I do not own clone consoles or a Mega SG.
    If you would like me test the game on other consoles e.g. genesis 3 or Mega sg and are willing to borrow a console then write me a private message. Best when you live in Germany as the shipping costs from Germany to other countries is quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronpheus View Post
    The compatibility issue regarded only the non TMSS Mega Drive 1 Models.
    The problem was that the vram of this specific model isn't cleared at system start. The results where no working music, options menu partically not showing up, messed up and missing graphics and also ai not working.
    Exactly how is vram affecting your sound engine and AI code??? That makes no sense. Do you mean system ram? Is Second (or whatever) Basic not initializing all ram in the boot code?

Thread Information