Quantcast

Thread: Custom VCD Image Making For Saturns With MPEG Decoder Card

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Saturn Custom VCD Image Making For Saturns With MPEG Decoder Card

I think this is clear enough, please feel free to suggest corrections and improvements.

Sega Saturn VCD Authoring.txt

Hope this is useful.

For what it's worth, the Saturn MPEG decoder can handle Variable Bitrates. So you don't have to encode at Constant Bitrate if you don't want to. Also keep in mind that the Saturn VCD player runs in 320x240 mode, instead of 352x240 for some reason. So the sides will get cut off unless adjust the video accordingly.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    For what it's worth, the Saturn MPEG decoder can handle Variable Bitrates. So you don't have to encode at Constant Bitrate if you don't want to. Also keep in mind that the Saturn VCD player runs in 320x240 mode, instead of 352x240 for some reason. So the sides will get cut off unless adjust the video accordingly.
    I believe the support for certain features is different depending on card, I had better compatibility in general with the last (1998) cards. And by that I mean they could at least play the audio and a few random frames from the VCDs I had at hand while none of the other cards loaded anything at all.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Thanks for the tips. I tried a VBR clip but it stuttered like crazy, but maybe my parameters were unsuitable? I'm using a 'Twin Operator' card as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    I believe the support for certain features is different depending on card, I had better compatibility in general with the last (1998) cards. And by that I mean they could at least play the audio and a few random frames from the VCDs I had at hand while none of the other cards loaded anything at all.
    Ones I made with VBR Mpegs played just fine with my card which is the official Sega one:

Thread Information