Quantcast

Thread: Forum software change? When was this scheduled and what happened?

Default Forum software change? When was this scheduled and what happened?

So I've noticed that the forums starting Yesterday or Friday just has this vBulletin header at the top left and everything is all messed up looking now? I mean I can see it but it is really difficult to find my way around since everything has been changed. Doesn't even show me as being signed in since I just have a mainly white screen with some blue accents and just icons without any descriptions for them?

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Are you using a tasty assortment of blocking extensions, such as uBlock Origin and uMatrix? They can passively cause navigation screwups if not sufficiently configured. Perhaps log in with a reference browser like IE/Edge as a test? If anything has changed, I haven't really noticed, but then, I often disappear for months, so I'm hardly the best witness.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

No...the only extensions I have in Chrome is Adblock and have for years. I'm actually using this on my work PC and the forums look correct on my side here? I did notice this seems to have happened after a recent clear all history and cache process I went through about 2 weeks ago on my home PC which is where I'm seeing this.

I should have taken a screen shot of what I see. It almost looks like some theme or something but like a generic one? Again I see the buttons to do stuff but no of them are labeled and it just looks wrong. I will take a screen shot when I get home to make more sense but the forum is really not usable to me from my home PC at the moment.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Sounds like you're in Mobile mode. If on a desktop browser, you can change it back vB4 Default style in the bottom left.

Well, I don't believe I was in mobile mode as it didn't appear to be based on the link. But clicking on a link at the bottom center of the page changed the layout to the default vBulletin and from there I then had the ability in the lower left to change it back to the Sega-16 theme that I'm used to. So...yeah no idea what it was or how it happened, but it seems to be good now.

Again, it was something that was being tracked in Chrome since it happened when I cleared out my chrome cache and history as I do from time to time.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Oh, I realized what I said wasn't correct: You can change it TO mobile mode from the menu in the bottom left, but once you're in mobile mode, I think you have to go through some settings menu to get it back to default. Just wanted to say that in case anybody else encounters this problem.

Thread Information