Quantcast

Thread: What are the best emulator settings?

Saturn What are the best emulator settings?

I'm not an expert on this stuff and never will be. But SSF and Yaubause are making me frustrated since the games run really slow (Increasing the speed on SSF doesn't work) and graphical glitches and I have no idea what to do. I understand the Saturn was a complicated system for emulation (N64 is, too) but I could use a little help.
    Some people like companies losing jobs.

Master of Shinobi

What do you mean by too slow? Does the emulator not hit 60fps or does it hit 60fps but the games run slow regardless of that?
    SSF can run at full speed on a core 2 quad or a phenom 2, which is 10+ year old hardware now, so it sounds like you have a slow PC.

Note that SSF also has an Android version, no clue how that runs though.

I have a 2013 HP 2000 Notebook. Originally ran Windows 8.1 but upgraded to 10 for free in 2016. It has celeron dual-core processors and an intel core-i3. I can't really tell, but games I've ran are always running slow.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    I have a 2013 HP 2000 Notebook. Originally ran Windows 8.1 but upgraded to 10 for free in 2016. It has celeron dual-core processors and an intel core-i3. I can't really tell, but games I've ran are always running slow.
    LOL wut? OK it can't have both a Celeron AND a Intel Core I3. Go to System and see what it says, or on boot up. It may even have a sticker on the outside giving the type of CPU.

Edit: I meant System, not Computer Management, d'oh
    Last edited by stu; 02-14-2020 at 01:24 AM.

AMD E-300 with Radeon HD Graphics. I'm guessing that's bad.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    AMD E-300 with Radeon HD Graphics. I'm guessing that's bad.
    Its a low end CPU aimed at small notebooks and netbooks. It is dual core though. Probably not as fast as the chips zyrobs is talking about though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-E-...r.60141.0.html

Master of Shinobi

That's a 9 year old netbook CPU, with only 2 cores running at 1.3 GHz. I doubt it's even fast enough to open Facebook today.

It works with Facebook, but it is a little slow in some spots on it. Looks like I'll have to invest soon on a new laptop.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Not sure what your budget is but even a decent gaming laptop you can get at about 900-1000 dollars. Esp in sales and there is presidents day on Monday if in the US. So can maybe snag a deal there. If outside the US...this post doesn't exist lol

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Thread Information