Quantcast

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    We have about a 2 week supply of toilet paper. Iíve been buying boxes of tissue paper, napkins and paper towels, just in case we canít get tp in the next couple of weeks.

This reminds me of the gas shortage in Texas shortly after the hurricane hit Houston. I had to wait in line close to an hour to get gas, because everyone was loading up, after news of possible gas shortages came about. I hate the media.
    Yeah I think after this the FCC needs to just crack down on fear mongering and make that illegal. It isn't fair and is torture toward others. Coronavirus isn't much more dangerous than the flu.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copper20 View Post
    Coronavirus isn't much more dangerous than the flu.
    Continuing to say this is as silly as hoarding toilet paper. Please read my other posts in this thread if you would like to understand why this situation is much worse than the flu.

Edit: Just to reiterate the seriousness of this: Mortality rates in China and South Korea are about 3% for people aged 60-69, and about 1.5% for people aged 50-59. That includes testing of asymptomatic people so are unlikely to be overestimated. Those odds suck and are nothing like the flu (flu is average 0.1% mortality).

Regardless, if the health care system is overwhelmed, as it soon could be, those mortality rates are just going to rise.

Why does it matter? Because you can help out. Tell your at-risk family members to stay home. Avoid large gatherings. Wash your hands. Be sensible and don't hoard toilet paper.

Pretending that this is not a serious issue is just going to cause everybody to suffer.
    Last edited by Gryson; 03-13-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Continuing to say this is as silly as hoarding toilet paper. Please read my other posts in this thread if you would like to understand why this situation is much worse than the flu.

Edit: Just to reiterate the seriousness of this: Mortality rates in China and South Korea are about 3% for people aged 60-69, and about 1.5% for people aged 50-59. That includes testing of asymptomatic people so are unlikely to be overestimated. Those odds suck and are nothing like the flu (flu is average 0.1% mortality).

Regardless, if the health care system is overwhelmed, as it soon could be, those mortality rates are just going to rise.

Why does it matter? Because you can help out. Tell your at-risk family members to stay home. Avoid large gatherings. Wash your hands. Be sensible and don't hoard toilet paper.

Pretending that this is not a serious issue is just going to cause everybody to suffer.
    It's a worrying time for is all . But to most people it isn't more dangerous than the Flu . Our Chief Medical Officer said that more than 80% who get it , make a complete recovery and don't need Hospital admission and it's nothing more than a cold (please don't read out ,that I'm underplaying it )

The worrying part is the ones with underlying health conditions and People not knowing not they are carrying the virus and just what the hell is happening in Italy

The worst part seems not knowing . Like we said on Handover in work yesterday, we were all coming into work coughing and sneezing during January and February, for all we knew, some of us could have had it
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Doesn't coronavirus have coincidence with a spider bite? Specifically a large hobo-house spider or brown recluse? Supposedly it's the same symptoms and quite a few other similarities (e.g. toxin, bacteria, etc.)...?

Quote Originally Posted by vexatious View Post
    Doesn't coronavirus have coincidence with a spider bite? Specifically a large hobo-house spider or brown recluse? Supposedly it's the same symptoms and quite a few other similarities (e.g. toxin, bacteria, etc.)...?
    ? Where did you hear that? The two are completely different as far as I know. Most common symptom of coronavirus is difficulty breathing.

? Where did you hear that? The two are completely different as far as I know. Most common symptom of coronavirus is difficulty breathing.
    Most common are cold like symptoms to be fair, which is why it's no doubt a nightmare to tell who's got it and who hasn't in the Winter months , with out testing
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Most common are cold like symptoms to be fair, which is why it's no doubt a nightmare to tell who's got it and who hasn't in the Winter months , with out testing
    Symptoms are actually very different from cold symptoms (but more similar to flu):

But people who've gotten it have commented online that the difficulty breathing was the most noticeable difference between it and the flu.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    It's spread by fluids not airborne. You won't get it breathing the same air unless they sneezed and got fluids on your face.
    =================================================
    btw

Some of you haven't taken science classes, specifically evolutionary biology, and it shows haha.

For one, the length of time you need to actually wash your hands with soap is MUCH more than anyone is doing. At minimum, sing happy birthday to yourself twice while vigorously scrubbing your hands with adequate type of soap. Also, people that use hand sanitizer use it more often than people who wash their hands (assuming they even do it properly). And finally, the environment in which bacteria thrives in an environment of bread, is NOT the same as a virus, or even bacteria in your system. Your body is not bread. I mean there are so many things wrong with equating this to your body and health. Not only that, but it attempts to minimize the effect of santizers giving the false impression they don't do their job. It has the potential service of convincing people to lose faith in santizers, which in that IS a problem. For the love of anything you hold dear, don't post/pass stupid shit like this around please.

Symptoms are actually very different from cold symptoms (but more similar to flu):

But people who've gotten it have commented online that the difficulty breathing was the most noticeable difference between it and the flu.
    I meant the Flu sorry , which is why it's hard to tell the diff..since the flu comes into its own in the Winter
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Cornholio needs TP for his bunghole!

I bet he caused all the panic buying.
    Are you threatening me? I am the great Cornholio! I come from Titicaca! Ti-ti-ca-ca!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Save the trees buy a bidet or learn to bend over in the shower.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Some of you haven't taken science classes, specifically evolutionary biology, and it shows haha.

For one, the length of time you need to actually wash your hands with soap is MUCH more than anyone is doing. At minimum, sing happy birthday to yourself twice while vigorously scrubbing your hands with adequate type of soap. Also, people that use hand sanitizer use it more often than people who wash their hands (assuming they even do it properly). And finally, the environment in which bacteria thrives in an environment of bread, is NOT the same as a virus, or even bacteria in your system. Your body is not bread. I mean there are so many things wrong with equating this to your body and health. Not only that, but it attempts to minimize the effect of santizers giving the false impression they don't do their job. It has the potential service of convincing people to lose faith in santizers, which in that IS a problem. For the love of anything you hold dear, don't post/pass stupid shit like this around please.
    Says the dope who said it's airborne. You don't get it by breathing the same air but their fluids getting into your eyes,nose or mouth, typically from people touching their face. I already know to wash my hands a while. Always done that. It's not equating body. It surfaces. Bread. Food. Tables anything. But lets stay on the bread. Yes this is after some time,like the time bread sits in a bag, humid for days. The point was to wash hands before touching food. While preparing food and after.

Soap and water above all. It's brought up because many people think sanitizer is the end all since soap is not in short supply. So that cunt, who bought 17000 bottles to sell at high prices,eBay and Amazon told him to fuck off so he is stuck with it.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

There are 2 players from the Utah Jazz that have contracted the virus. Did the other player get if from touching his face, after making contact with the ball?
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

You don't get it by breathing the same air but their fluids getting into your eyes,nose or mouth, typically from people touching their face.
    Well said, which is why most of these bans on mass gathering's achieve little, other than putting people into a sense of panic and looking like GOV's are doing something . It should be noted that shower gell, Soap, Shampoo all do the same thing as sanitizer if you can't get any if that, dip your hands in vodka or whisky. Its makes me laugh at people going nuts over toilet roll, when the humble kitchen towel will do. Still in my local Tesco's you had idiots with shopping trollies full of nothing but Pasta and Toilet Roll

I don't know what will make this worse, the virus itself or the panic it caused and countries going to economical meltdown
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Says the dope who said it's airborne. You don't get it by breathing the same air but their fluids getting into your eyes,nose or mouth, typically from people touching their face. I already know to wash my hands a while. Always done that. It's not equating body. It surfaces. Bread. Food. Tables anything. But lets stay on the bread. Yes this is after some time,like the time bread sits in a bag, humid for days. The point was to wash hands before touching food. While preparing food and after.

Soap and water above all. It's brought up because many people think sanitizer is the end all since soap is not in short supply. So that cunt, who bought 17000 bottles to sell at high prices,eBay and Amazon told him to fuck off so he is stuck with it.
    What do you think a cough or a sneeze is? Hahaha. If you don't think the coronavirus isn't also spread via a cough or sneeze.. welp, good luck in life. Also, I'm not gonna bother repeating myself again about the whole bread pic because apparently you not going to comprehend the second time.

Thread Information